Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Luckily for me I go feral over anything Lana does so the album could be god awful (even though we know it’s not) and I’d be still hypnotised :oop2:

Yet this isn’t a work of reinvention. ‘Candy Necklace’ meanders through some familiar Lana themes, depicting Gatsby esque visions of high society.

This is from the Clash review. First glitch-pop and now "Gatsby esque visions of high society"? Did we listen to the same track?

2 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Yet this isn’t a work of reinvention. ‘Candy Necklace’ meanders through some familiar Lana themes, depicting Gatsby esque visions of high society.

This is from the Clash review. First glitch-pop and now "Gatsby esque visions of high society"? Did we listen to the same track?

the five different versions of Candy Necklace are a fact. :slayty:

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

Spoiler

Candy Necklace is definitely Gatsby/Fitzgerald esque for me. That part is accurate imo

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

The eternal struggle of an artist and the narrative of critics: to stay faithful to what made you famous or to « reinvent » yourself :thumb3:

4 hours ago, Actor said:

I need some mad, bad bit*h, gangsta hot record, dark and sexy and screaming girl from church

you can literally listen to Peppers lmaoo

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, margaret soty said:
  Hide contents

What's your favorite runtime on the album? mine is Paris, Texas → Margaret. :crai:

Spoiler

Candy Necklace to Let the Light In

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Spoiler

Peppers is a prime example of why lyrics shouldn't be taken out of context. Reading the covid lyric I was kind of dreading it because it sounds so dumb on paper, but the chaotic fuck you energy of the song makes it work. She really doesn't give AF by the end of this album lmao :sluttybunny:

okay here’s the first mixed review-

There is a good album in there somewhere . There’s also a lot of filler, and times when it feels as though she crosses the line into parody

It is wordy – and those words are also delivered breathily and sometimes deliberately obscured. If you don’t get your ear around them in time, you simply won’t know what they are unless you can go back and/or consult the lyrics.

You’ll have to make your own mind up on this one: I suspect that’s exactly how she wants it.

13 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

Candy Necklace is definitely Gatsby/Fitzgerald esque for me. That part is accurate imo

Spoiler

Interesting, I have interpreted it as a song about her and her boyfriend at the time who was struggling with addiction. I guess I can see it with the dancing and Rockefeller lines and the strings in the instrumentals, but it's not what came into my memory when listening to it.

Just now, hotshot2am said:

Hide contents

Interesting, I have interpreted it as a song about her and her boyfriend at the time who was struggling with addiction.

Spoiler

Oh, definitely not lyrically, I more so meant that the song gives off the vibes like something straight out of a Fitzgerald novel like Gatsby. Idk I could be way off but it's how I envision the song in my mind :hillary: