Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, LifeOnMars said:

It started off with a 79 on metacritic which is lower than NFR, COTCC and BB but higher than all her other albums. 

https://www.metacritic.com/music/did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd/lana-del-rey/critic-reviews

Let's just hope they didn't do basement listening parties in the US too :bebe:

6 minutes ago, Im a ghost now said:

Regarding the reviews.... we could actually see it coming. I haven't seen all of them but this album is def not getting unanimous critical acclaim and tbh, I think she doesn't want it. The album is very hard to digest, but it's undoubtely bold and it's very Lana. I don't think she made it for the critics this time, she made it for herself. :godlaugh:

I agree, she could have given the critics the version of this album they'd want, but she placed those land mines where she did on purpose. It's a beautiful album.

Just now, Sportscruiser said:

That part of the Gigwise review that said some reviewers missed out entire tracks while going to the bathroom tells me everything we need to know about the integrity of music criticism. This isn’t an album that is easily digestible or catered to today’s frantic attention spans. It asks for time and open mindedness - which makes it the more rewarding the more time you spend with it.

It’s also kind of boring to see so many users still acting like music is divided in either beat-driven bangers or boring piano ballads and nothing else in between. A track like Grandfather is nothing alike Sweet or Paris Texas (for instance), they represent different things, go for different sonic soundscapes and even have Lana delivering different vocal performances. It can be a different frustrating to see people reducing this album to this or that when chances are it’s far richer than whatever box you’re trying to put it in. Give it time to sink in and wash over you. There’s an entire universe in this record and it’s a fascinating one, whether it entirely works for you or not.

That was honestly disgusting. That someone can call themselves a critic and whilst walking over n demeaning the integrity of that role is pitiful . Like how tf u can’t hold it in (unless you have a medical issue then sure)

3 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

What other major publications besides Pitchfork still haven’t reviewed it?

Rolling Stone, NY Times, All Music, and a few other ones. We still have around 20 reviews left in total.

6 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

It started off with a 79 on metacritic which is lower than NFR, COTCC and BB but higher than all her other albums. 

https://www.metacritic.com/music/did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd/lana-del-rey/critic-reviews

If I remember correctly, BB debuted with a 72 and NFR with a 76. They haven't added the MOJO review yet. 

Btw, the Rolling Stone UK review won't count. Both Albumoftheyear and Metacritic only count the Rolling Stone US reviews. Hopefully the score won't be lower. 

Wait she's currently dating with a dude called Evan and people are saying she's still with Jack? i thought they broke up ages ago? :toofloppy:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Just now, Baby Blue said:

can someone tell me what songs are from the last 2 videos she posted? I haven't listened to leaks yet

I'm pretty sure the first one is Candy Necklace 

both are candy necklace 

Just now, Baby Blue said:

can someone tell me what songs are from the last 2 videos she posted? I haven't listened to leaks yet

I'm pretty sure the first one is Candy Necklace 

I think both are CN, but haven't listened to the song yet

1 minute ago, LifeOnMars said:

Rolling Stone, NY Times, All Music, and a few other ones. We still have around 20 reviews left in total.

Her label/team’s strategy plan will spend money and resources on basement listening events for UK critics but leave the oceanblvd instagram unattended and delay the album for 2 weeks despite her documented history with leaks… hopefully the US critics will see this record for what it is.

IMG-7960.jpg

I honestly believe that most critics view their job as a typical office job and aren't passionate about music, art etc. They're almost always extremely biased, get paid to give 5/5 reviews etc so there's nothing that makes their opinion valuable to me. If their pov aligns with mine, then great, if not, then fine and if they're mean to our bbg lanita, they can choke on a big fat cactus :hooker:

3 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

You guys , fuck the critics (even though I also care a little )

If you want a basic bitch with 100’s on metacritic go the the Beverly center and find her (taylor swift) 

don't come for the music industry like that thank you :blush3:

how about we keep it cute?

LB try to praise Lana without dragging other women challenge

What song do you guys think is Lana’s favorite on the new record? Personally I think she likes candy necklace most. Or maybe A&W because of that post. Idk:defeated:

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram