Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

For those like me who haven’t listened to the songs yet, my tip is to hear all lanas album I’m anticipation to OB release - which also helps with streamings :really: you can do it like:

1. Monday: BTDPE

2. Tuesday: UV and HM

3. Wednesday: LFL and NFR

4. Thursday: COCC and BB

5. Friday: OB :hype::dance::ahh:

Kinda stopped caring about critics after MIDnights got an average score of 85. :wtf:

If the music resonates with you so what.

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

2 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

review the post and show me at what point I dragged TS. lol  :awkney:

i think you know well enough what you say and why you say it, and all i am saying is, not just to you but to anybody else who does it, simply stop hating other women name dropping them or comparing their work to Lana's. Unnecessary, immature, and Lana herself would hate such thing. And also her work is too good to be reduced to a petty comaprison, cause it doesn't need to be compared to something else to shine. just stop. if you don't have anything positive to say just don't say anything at all. that's it.

1 minute ago, SalvaWHORE said:

i mean, from Pitchfork, i expect a 7.0 - 7.5 at least, that's the best they can give her (but my delulu ass praying for them to give her a 10.0 lol just because how daring this album is)

NME literally handing out tens for free to anyone but Lana lmaooo

I noticed that yesterday, they always give Lana's albums 10's but they turned on Lana this time:air:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

3 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

i think you know well enough what you say and why you say it, and all i am saying is, not just to you but to anybody else who does it, simply stop hating other women name dropping them or comparing their work to Lana's. Unnecessary, immature, and Lana herself would hate such thing. And also her work is too good to be reduced to a petty comaprison, cause it doesn't need to be compared to something else to shine. just stop. if you don't have anything positive to say just don't say anything at all. that's it.

I repeat, I HAVE NOT SAID ANYTHING ABOUT TAYLOR SWIFT. Other people's postings are not my problem. You're just dragging me down for no reason. There is also the Ignore User button. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

a good score from pitchfork and a couple 9s and 10s could bring up the average hugely why are they so stingy…

pitchfork loves lana, so i'd be surprised if they give it anything lower than an 8.0 (maybe a 7.9). they gave blue banisters 7.7 after all

1 minute ago, margaret soty said:

I repeat, I HAVE NOT SAID ANYTHING ABOUT TAYLOR SWIFT. Other people's postings are not my problem. You're just dragging me down for no reason. There is also the Ignorer User button. Thank you!

"i have not said anything"

*name dropped her just for the sake of comparing the two artirts two pages ago*

sure... :awkney:

1 minute ago, Mariners Apt said:

pitchfork loves lana, so i'd be surprised if they give it anything lower than an 8.0 (maybe a 7.9). they gave blue banisters 7.7 after all

if they gave blue lamisters a 7.7 then ocean blvd deserves a higher score :true:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

I’m really excited to hear the CN instrumental in HQ bc

Spoiler

there’s this moment after the wild classical piano bridge where it sounds like a spooky ass theremin is playing in the background which increasingly gets louder it’s v mysterious I live, I live!!!!!!

theremincat.gif

21 minutes ago, AfterHours Cocktails said:
  Hide contents

the best line of fit attacking all my favourite songs in their review... 

and the audacity of them suggesting fishtail, peppers & taco truck shouldn't be on the album... I ... :pls:

They're old and hate fun, I assume

I'm sorry but the whole critic thing just feels so outdated, like an ancient practice :eyeroll2: who are they to say what should and should not be on an album? It's always been kind of weird and pointless, but nowadays it just holds no meaning anymore. Literally who are those guys?

critics can suck my dick tbh, Ocean Blvd is made to be listened to a couple times before forming an opinion just because of how dense it is. a single listening session with all critics is not enough, idgaf about them. timeless records arent universally loved and much less loved at first listen