Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

She's a pegger!

as much as I'd love that to be true, she's a cancer. there's no way she's anything other than a delusional sub btm bbg :cuteface:

6 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

I'm being serious, I need it bc I'm translating the songs for my boyf :trisha:

I wrote up the lyrics yesterday I think and posted them a few pages back

21 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:
  Hide contents

I’m so confused on how Candy Necklace goes from the Bible snippet into the rockefella chip like I’m so confused, does it sound seamless???

i thought the bible snippet was a whole other song at first 💀

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

1 minute ago, ShootingNeon said:

I wrote up the lyrics yesterday I think and posted them a few pages back

Thank you! I'll check your activity on your profile.

Btw, any chance you also transcribed Judah Smith Interlude

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

when the surprise is that she releases these on her streaming platforms:

Born To Die (Bonus Content) - Serial Killer/TV In Black & White - Single 

Paradise (Bonus Content) - Angels Forever/I Don't Wanna Go - Single

Ultraviolence (Bonus Content) - Cult Leader/Dragonslayer - Single

Honeymoon (Bonus Content) - Crazy For You/California - Single

Lust For Life (Bonus Content) - Serene Queen/Roses Bloom For You - Single

NFR! (Bonus Content) - Bombastic Songs EP

Chemtrails (Bonus Track) - Loved You Then & Now/Yes To Heaven (Chemtrails Version)

Blue Banisters (Bonus Track) - Fine China/Rock Candy Sweet

Many artists such as Taylor Swift, SZA, The Weeknd have been doing this lately for their initial previous releases, by adding remixes or unreleased materials to their works as "bonus songs"

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, Yosemite said:

Thank you! I'll check your activity on your profile.

Btw, any chance you also transcribed Judah Smith Interlude

Spoiler

Not yet, tbh I haven’t even listened to the interludes properly yet bc I’m waiting for the flac version of the album first

2 minutes ago, imaginist said:

Keep in mind that some of the highest-rated albums ever on MC are unlistenable, at least to me anyway. Art is subjective and idc what the reviews say, this album is a smash hit :nails:

not sure if I would call retail pop art, but that's just me :et:

9 hours ago, venicebeotch said:

did anyone other than me actually read the gigwise review? it was like a mix between praise and a critique on how the industry reviews music, so interesting 

Yes, I liked it. This quote:

Despite being one of the most popular artists of our time, she is criminally overlooked by awards, underappreciated as a writer and largely misunderstood, causing her to basically withdraw from public life as she made her Instagram private and shrugged off the concept of a release cycle for her last few records.

That's it in a nutshell! Editor of Gigwise Lucy Harbron demos her skills in one sentence, instead of paragraphs dominating an article.

• criminally overlooked by awards
  • underappreciated as a writer
  • largely misunderstood

Check check check!

Awards: It isn't 100 % true with the Billboard Women in Music Visionary award and Variety 2021 Decade, Award but Lana has not been nominated for a mainstream award like Oscar, which she should have for Big Eyes and Young and Beautiful . . . Billboard and Variety invented the above awards because they knew Lana was past due!

Underappreciated as a writer: As Lana mentioned in Interview, Sasha Frere-Jones wrote:

Unlike [Kanye] West, whose lyrics convey real complexity, Del Rey doesn’t have the emotional and psychological depth to support all the satin and spotlights.

He must be eating his words now!

NY Times critic Jon Caramanica said:

Ms. Del Rey can’t help feeling like another in an endless stream of sonic rediscoveries and repurposings facilitated by Internet access and distribution

Caramanica backed out of these words in subsequent reviews, tho, like a lot of critics, and Pitchfork, who revised its BTD rating from 5.5 in 2012 to 7.8 in 2021! All these journalism degree writers do not know how to listen to music, imo. Public education has failed them.

Only recently Lana has begun being celebrated as song-writer, esp. with NFR. Bruce Sprinsteen said about Lana, "Simply One of the Best Songwriters . . . She just creates a world of her own and invites you in."

So acknowledgement comes from musicians, not journalists, which forces journalists to pay attention.

Sorry for the long post.

5 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

when the surprise is that she releases these on her streaming platforms:

Born To Die (Bonus Content) - Serial Killer/TV In Black & White - Single 

Paradise (Bonus Content) - Angels Forever/I Don't Wanna Go - Single

Ultraviolence (Bonus Content) - Cult Leader/Dragonslayer - Single

Honeymoon (Bonus Content) - Crazy For You/California - Single

Lust For Life (Bonus Content) - Serene Queen/Roses Bloom For You - Single

NFR! (Bonus Content) - Bombastic Songs EP

Chemtrails (Bonus Track) - Loved You Then & Now/Yes To Heaven (Chemtrails Version)

Blue Banisters (Bonus Track) - Fine China/Rock Candy Sweet

Many artists such as Taylor Swift, SZA, The Weeknd have been doing this lately for their initial previous releases, by adding remixes or unreleased materials to their works as "bonus songs"

stop this is too sexy :air:

Happy as the moonshine