Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

10 minutes ago, picoblvd said:

honeymounz trashing ocean blvd on the tl calling the production lazy… :wtf2: idk personally her old records w the exception of UV sound too polished and I appreciate the rawness of her more recent stuff

His post does not make sense to me he’s saying people aren’t into her when shes the most popular she has ever been. The only ones who aren’t into her anymore are the fans who want her to step back 10 years in evolution imo which is a minority 

I urge everyone not to based on their opinions on l3aks.

Spoiler

A lot of tracks are very lq to me still. On second thought, maybe I shouldn’t tell people this and let people be surprised by the official version. The switch that will be happening is going to be funny. All I know this is her best album and so many will switch including the critics :true:.

20 minutes ago, American Whore said:

I don't think a speculation thread gets made until we hear from Lana that another album is coming, which usually happens the same week of release, so I guess we should hear something soon lol 

Thank you! That's what I was thinking, but for some reason I had the feeling that they were created right after the album was released. I guess I had that thought cus for the past two albums Lana has announced the next one right away💀

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

18 minutes ago, picoblvd said:

honeymounz trashing ocean blvd on the tl calling the production lazy… :wtf2: idk personally her old records w the exception of UV sound too polished and I appreciate the rawness of her more recent stuff

I agree, I like the rawness because it reminds me of the Lizzy Grant laptop demo days, or even visually with her homemade videos. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

12 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Idk if it’s the l3aks I’m getting but Fishtail (for example) is very unmastered and messy. I highly doubt at release it’ll sound like that. A lot of tracks are very lq to me still. 

On second thought, maybe I shouldn’t tell people this and let people be surprised by the official version. The switch that will be happening is going to be funny. All I know this is her best album and so many will switch including the critics :true:.

This morning I was thinking about the same thing, I was gonna post it but I totally forgot about it.

Spoiler

Fishtail sounds so messy, it doesn't sound HQ as most people have said. No matter the headphones I use right when the highest notes comes in the sound is horrendous, like my headphones were the problem, but that's not the case. 

Do you remember that hideous sound on WFWF? It's the same I hear on fishtail (almost) 

The way I'd describe the sound is like when you're using old/cheap speakers to play music💀

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

4 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Idk if it’s the l3aks I’m getting but Fishtail (for example) is very unmastered and messy. I highly doubt at release it’ll sound like that. A lot of tracks are very lq to me still. 

On second thought, maybe I shouldn’t tell people this and let people be surprised by the official version. The switch that will be happening is going to be funny. All I know this is her best album and so many will switch including the critics :true:.

Spoiler

They aren’t as HQ as on streaming or CD but nothing majorly different will change. If you don’t like the songs as they are now… then you probably wont to be honest. It’s just a matter of taste, cause personally i love how raw and hard they sound.

22 minutes ago, picoblvd said:

See I love Ocean Blvd but…

1. Who gives one fuck about honeymounz opinion why are we even discussing it

2. We don’t need to shit on Lana’s old music to argue that her new music is “better”… ocean blvd and btd are both amazing albums even tho they are so different 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

14 minutes ago, Enco said:
  Hide contents

They aren’t as HQ as on streaming or CD but nothing majorly different will change. If you don’t like the songs as they are now… then you probably wont to be honest. It’s just a matter of taste, cause personally i love how raw and hard they sound.

Spoiler

I’m only saying this because a similar thing happened with Midnights l3aks (I was anticipating that album only because Lana was featured fyi not a huge fan :rip:). The l3aks made it sound so much worse than what it actually is. The beats sound cheap and opinions were thrown around about the production and Jack. Let’s just say that. Midnights is still kidzbop music at the end of the day but the release version sound way better than the l3aks.

I suspect all the beat driven songs on this album will sound significantly better.

30 minutes ago, taco truck said:

See I love Ocean Blvd but…

1. Who gives one fuck about honeymounz opinion why are we even discussing it

2. We don’t need to shit on Lana’s old music to argue that her new music is “better”… ocean blvd and btd are both amazing albums even tho they are so different 

i was more so just mentioning what honeymounz said to generate some discussion regarding which style of production ppl on here prefer (post or pre antonoff) esp since ocean Blvd continues that post antonoff production style :um2:

But i agree! Everyone has their respective tastes so it’s not fair to shit on previous records cause they might just not be for u! born to die is not for me and that’s completely fine 

9 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I’m only saying this because a similar thing happened with Midnights l3aks (I was anticipating that album only because Lana was featured fyi not a huge fan :rip:). The l3aks made it sound so much worse than what it actually is. The beats sound cheap and opinions were thrown around about the production and Jack. Let’s just say that. Midnights is still kidzbop music at the end of the day but the release version sound way better than the l3aks.

I suspect all the beat driven songs on this album will sound significantly better.

Spoiler

Everything will for sure sound heavenly in crisp condition 

that person deleting their tweet about Lana “having lazy production now “is so funny to me. If you’re gonna have such a controversial opinion at least have the balls to stand by it