Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I've been reading the reviews so far, and noticed something that comes up so often - journalists are half listening to the record and half basing it on the press release. I'm not an insider or psychic, but I can guarantee that the media pack mentions the three collaborations she's had with Father John Misty. If you're also scratching your head about what those are, the other two are the UV/Freak video, and Buddy's Rendezvous, neither of which are really this sort of collaboration.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Good morning, we're soon there!! :party:I've been reading Reddit comments about this album and it has been interesting to say the least. It seems like there are lovers and haters for every song.

Spoiler

Do we have CN in HQ yet?

Happy as the moonshine

guys, i have a theory about the surprise BOZ was talking about, and i know it sounds crazy but, could it possibly be a special live session on Disney+? it seems that Disney+ has been getting big artist with new releases to do these and it wouldn't be too far fetched since Lana covered OUAD for Maleficent. it would honestly be a dream come true and i think Lana would do great because it wouldn't technically be "live" television. i think it would be very intimate! :oprah3:

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

1 hour ago, DeluluBlvd said:

I’m sure a lot of you slander bb just because others do. It has become trendy to dislike it I can see it here and on Twitter and it makes me so sad. Even if the album is not cohesive every song by itself is amazing

i wish but unfortunately i just don’t enjoy it

1 hour ago, DeluluBlvd said:

I’m sure a lot of you slander bb just because others do. It has become trendy to dislike it I can see it here and on Twitter and it makes me so sad. Even if the album is not cohesive every song by itself is amazing

People just don’t understand the beauty of blue banisters, the whole album is so insightful to her mind I love it . Also black bathing suit appreciation top 5 Lana songs for me

I mean, i only listen to the record twice, and i dont want to overplay it until the release day but goddamn, avoiding this is a misery.

only 3 days till this shit ends :hair:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Now what are y'all predictions? 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I need to hear the album in full to judge and in sequence for context but this isn’t surpassing BB(not one of my favourites but I like it) for me- I will say there’s not a moment so far as low as wildflower though( the song was cracking/Glitching very loudly throughout and must have been recorded on a iPhone- I do not know what compelled her to release such a travesty with The Mike Dean) 

Spoiler

Haven't been able to listen to Kintsugi without tearing up even once.

I just can't stop crying

Cause all of the ways, when you see someone dying

The sea of your days flash in front of you

And you think about who will be with you

:trisha:

2 hours ago, littleredpartydress said:

so first this idiot leaks her songs outtakes photos literally anything she has ever done in her career and now uses their moderately large twitter platform to trash the upcoming album that 95% of her fanbase probably still hasnt heard

with fans like these who needs haters truly 

ok they deleted but like. still... i hate some of these people :bebe: 

Fans should be honest- if they don’t like it, it’s there to vocalise an opinion- likewise if they love it, it helps gauge its appeal.

I don’t like the random tweets off people mentioning her body or her looks in context to how they feel the music has declined though- very nasty.

An absolute rave (10/10) from GigWise, in case it hasn't been posted yet. 

Lana del Rey is an artist failed by the music industry. It’s not set up for her, or for any artist with such a distinctive voice beyond dull sentiment or easy-in stories. She clearly has no interest in playing its game and so she’s been abandoned by it. She deserves to be handled how we handled Prince or Bowie; considering their albums and spontaneous holy offerings from the artist, send from exactly where and who they are at the current moment, totally outside of where music on a whole is at, totally trendless and demanding you either dive in wholeheartedly or fuck off and leave it alone. Building a hymn book complete with choral sections, full orchestration, RnB beats, vape references, entire sections of old releases, a country duet and a whole sermon – why do I deserve to say anything about that?

I give Lana a 10, knowing the work she put in, the things she wrote and the sound she put it all to deserves nothing less and an artist like that shouldn’t get anything less than applause from ‘critics’ that listen once and get to write on her art. So I’ll shut up, bow to her and say thank you Lana for letting me hear your work early. I really loved it.

https://gigwise.com/reviews/3429011/album-review--lana-del-rey---did-you-know-that-there-s-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd

1 hour ago, longtimeman said:

I've been reading the reviews so far, and noticed something that comes up so often - journalists are half listening to the record and half basing it on the press release. I'm not an insider or psychic, but I can guarantee that the media pack mentions the three collaborations she's had with Father John Misty. If you're also scratching your head about what those are, the other two are the UV/Freak video, and Buddy's Rendezvous, neither of which are really this sort of collaboration.

You’re totally right!!! Also, Many reviewers try to tie the album or songs to events that happened in an artist’s life prior to release and they love to quote the singles. And this is where you see if the reviewer did their job or not: If they don’t quote any other songs except for the singles, then it’s very suspicious…