Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

100-120k

200-250k

26M

Billboard- 2

UK- potential 1 

I don’t see massive figures for this album unless fishtail turns out to be a straightforward beat bop. 

I don’t know if peppers has appeal for Tik Tok tbh and Taco Truck definitely does not.

2 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Billboard- 2

UK- potential 1 

I don’t see massive figures for this album unless fishtail turns out to be a straightforward beat bop. 

I don’t know if peppers has appeal for Tik Tok tbh and Taco Truck definitely does not.

Spoiler

The Lanita part in Taco Truck definitely has TikTok appeal, as does the Venice Bitch remix.

I'd say "Jimmy Jimmy" will also do better on social when the album actually drops. Peppers or Fishtails might have some presence there.

So, that's already more songs than BB and Chemtrails had going for them int terms of TikTok.

I feel like 

Spoiler

The vape line from taco truck

Is gonna do that thing where it plagues my FYP on TikTok, misleading me into thinking it’s gonna viral, just for me to see it’s only got 3k videos and it’s just the algorithm knowing I’m gay :hoe:

8 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Was 'Angelina' a Tik Tok hit? Because if it wasn't before, it feels like it will be now.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Do you guys feel your life trajectory changed because you listened the album? Like do you feel like you are not the same person anymore after listening to it? 

I'm so hyped for the release day and i didn't listen to any leaks:defeated:

13 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Billboard- 2

UK- potential 1 

Spoiler

Fishtails is not THAT bop imo. "You wanted me sadder" is just a really lame hook and quite repetitive. Taco Truck ftw

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

Game time! Predict the things Anthony Fantano's gonna say in his Ocean Boulevard review. I'll start:

Hide contents

"Did we really need two 5 minute long interludes on an album that's already an hour long?"

hes gonna hate fishtail, calling it now

image.png

9 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

Do you guys feel your life trajectory changed because you listened the album? Like do you feel like you are not the same person anymore after listening to it? 

I'm so hyped for the release day and i didn't listen to any leaks:defeated:

Spoiler

definitely, the album gives positive vital energy :clapback:

Spoiler

"dancing there in the hot hot sun, I know that we’ve got problems, I plan to address them another day" -Fishtail

"you've been actin pretty restless, dancing like the young&reckless and I'm obsessed with this, candy necklaces- I think that we should address this" -Candy Necklace

"you the best but baby, you've been bringing me down- I can see it now" - Candy Necklace

"but lately, I can see, you wanted me sadder (baby can't you see it?)" -Fishtail

:tommy:

13 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

hes gonna hate fishtail, calling it now

100%. Hated Cinnamon Girl and Tulsa Jesus Freak both. So, he'll say something like "Songs like Fishtail bring the experience down."

35 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Fans should be honest- if they don’t like it, it’s there to vocalise an opinion- likewise if they love it, it helps gauge its appeal.

I don’t like the random tweets off people mentioning her body or her looks in context to how they feel the music has declined though- very nasty.

Well, if they bring up her looks that way, you instantly know they're C*nts and their opinion is irrelevant. 

6 minutes ago, burthday kake said:
  Hide contents

"dancing there in the hot hot sun, I know that we’ve got problems, I plan to address them another day" -Fishtail

"you've been actin pretty restless, dancing like the young&reckless and I'm obsessed with this, candy necklaces- I think we should address this" -Candy Necklace

"you the best but baby, you've been bringing me down- I can see it now" - Candy Necklace

"but lately, I can see, you wanted me sadder (baby can't you see it?)" -Fishtail

:tommy: 

Spoiler

I also noticed that some songs have their counterparts with similar lyrics, for example Kintsugi and Let the Light in or Fishtail and Peppers

38 minutes ago, barttttender said:

An absolute rave (10/10) from GigWise, in case it hasn't been posted yet. 

https://gigwise.com/reviews/3429011/album-review--lana-del-rey---did-you-know-that-there-s-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd

This article really said it all and showed us how irrelevant these reviews are. The only review I care about is the way I feel when I listen to a song from this masterpiece.

They're doing this for the money. ( NOT ALL OF THEM OFC )

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

Hide contents

The Lanita part in Taco Truck definitely has TikTok appeal, as does the Venice Bitch remix.

I'd say "Jimmy Jimmy" will also do better on social when the album actually drops. Peppers or Fishtails might have some presence there.

So, that's already more songs than BB and Chemtrails had going for them int terms of TikTok.

Spoiler

Actually the bridge of LET THE LIGHT IN and Candy Necklace have the potential also 

Edited by That Venice Bitch
Added spoiler