Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

13 minutes ago, Morningcrow said:

It's Boz and all, but why would he say "this is something not related to any Ocean album tracks"?

He's offering the answers now for a pack of smokes. :smokes:

:thumb3:

i took it that he was responding to people who thought that she’d release an EP of outtakes from Ocean Blvd or new tracks, like Taylor did with Midnights. But who knows? 

I hope she says something about the lack of MVs this era cause I'm so curious about the reasons :um2:

It's probably related to the theft but I doubt she had all the visuals there (and nothing in production already to back it up).

I still have like 15% of faith of them coming after the release :bebe:

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I hope she says something about the lack of MVs this era cause I'm so curious about the reasons :um2:

It's probably related to the theft but I doubt she had all the visuals there (and nothing in production already to back it up).

I still have like 15% of faith of them coming after the release :bebe:

Even blue banisters got one so we definitely are getting some it’s just a matter of when. This week? This month? This decade?:assad:

6 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Are there any production issues with this album or does it all sound good? 

Spoiler

her voice in Kintsugi is muffled. We don't know if it's the quality it was leaked in or the song is just like that. We will know on Friday. :bebe:

Spoiler

I'm hoping the mixing and quality of the production is improved on release day, because if it really is the same quality as the leaks, then I'm going to be really disappointed - I'm not even gonna pretend to like the quality we have rn:noparty:

i feel like Peppers will be the post-album single

1 minute ago, lizzyschemtrails said:
  Hide contents

I'm hoping the mixing and quality of the production is improved on release day, because if it really is the same quality as the leaks, then I'm going to be really disappointed - I'm not even gonna pretend to like it :noparty:

Hotshot said the leaks were unmastered and thats why they sound bad

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

9 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Are there any production issues with this album or does it all sound good? 

Objectively no, there’s no clear v bad glitches/ distortion like wildflower but she seems to have used interesting devices as mics on some songs- if you enjoyed her vocal takes on A&W then you’ll be fine- aside from that there are sounds that quickly change in some songs but it’s more a production choice I assume.

At times, it’s like stumbling on a playlist of the best classical arrangements of centuries past, save for Lana’s charismatic voice, which purrs and trills in and out of time with the piano on ‘Candy Necklace’, as if enraptured.

https://www.attitude.co.uk/culture/music/lana-del-rey-did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd-review-428719/

4 minutes ago, shadesofyayo said:

Hotshot said the leaks were unmastered and thats why they sound bad

They are unmastered based on their lengths but I don't know if the final version will sound noticeable different. We will see on Friday.