Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

5 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Hide contents

This is so weird because I definitely hear white as the second color :hide:

One part I def can’t figure out is 

Spoiler

In the chorus, someone said she’s saying “your good is gold”, I don’t hear that but I have no idea what else it would be!

3 minutes ago, neon palms sway said:

One part I def can’t figure out is 

Reveal hidden contents

In the chorus, someone said she’s saying “your good is gold”, I don’t hear that but I have no idea what else it would be!

Spoiler

I thought it was 'you're good as gold'.

Yeah the UK reviews thing was a fucking mess. What the hell. The way her label doesn't respect her craft? :rip: Such an intimate record and they make some improvised listening event with reviewers eating popcorn and taking bathroom breaks. Ugh.

Anyway, "My pastor told me..." is one of the most haunting Lana moments vocally.

Spoiler

Jon Batiste interlude sounds like life to me. It is wild, complex, complicated, sometimes scary but there are still beautiful melodies shining in and out and if you focus on those melodies suddenly the life feels beautiful and gorgeous despite all its flaws and problems

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

⚠️caution! controversial take ahead⚠️

if the lack of videos are truly related to the theft then i guess we're better off without them anyway, i'd rather have no videos than another iphone filmed "homemade" shit. give us real camera and a director! 

19 minutes ago, Marius said:

:pout:

This is not new, labels have been doing this decades. Do people seriously think critics sit with an album for week’s listening to it daily? 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 hour ago, Marius said:

:pout:

I don’t understand why they did this (which is essentially a listening party). For a preview article, that make sense since that’s what these events are for. Think movies, game releases. Publishers would invite journalists to these events to write articles about a movie or game coming out. It’s part of the “roll out” campaign. Warner bros is notorious for inviting critics to dinner parties or cruises before seeing the movie they suppose to review lol. Sony also likes to invite press to events and shower them with gifts for their upcoming games. For a full review, they usually send them the game and let the critics have their time with it weeks, sometimes a month in advance depending on the length of the game. There’s gotta be a miscommunication somewhere because this is weird.

Why didn’t they wait and let critics review the album normally. Although maybe come to think of it, they don’t care about the scores but they just want articles about the album? There’s a big possibility that the album wouldn’t get as many reviews if they just let it runs its course on release day. People wouldn’t care enough to review it. People don’t care to write anymore actually. Music journalism is dying. There are not as many reviews anymore. Not as many sites. Not as many reviewers. You don’t really get people writing think pieces about music anymore. They are essentially forcing people to write about it. 

Maybe that’s why or maybe her label is just a disaster and made a big mistake :eartha:.

2 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

This is not new, labels have been doing this decades. Do people seriously think critics sit with an album for week’s listening to it daily? 

I’ve never heard labels doing this for a review. Preview events have existed for decades, yes.