Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

You guys need to watch this reaction/evaluation of A&W done by a therapist. It completely changed my perspective on the song. https://youtu.be/UgD5r80-NO0

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

Lana said White Dress isn't a good song btw

Clearly she's not talking about good/bad in "this song sucks" she's talking about how she left the songs pretty raw

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I'm really happy because for like the first time, I haven't listen to any leaks from her.

I am going quite blind besides the three released songs. All I know is I'm gonna shake my (peppers)ussy

First we feel; then we fall.

16 minutes ago, DZKSLEFTNUT said:

I am THE #1 chemtrails defender

ME TOO BITCH TF!! :oprah4:

7 minutes ago, terrencelovesy0u said:

You guys need to watch this reaction/evaluation of A&W done by a therapist. It completely changed my perspective on the song. https://youtu.be/UgD5r80-NO0

Omg I watched this yesterday and I loved it. She said she’s gonna do more Lana reactions too!

3 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Now why did lana just said that fingertips is not a good song :blush:

I don't think she meant it like that at all.

Spoiler

She was explaining that she didn't set out to make a song with Fingertips but to reveal her darkest formative experiences as quickly as possible by laying it all out on the table. Fingertips isn't a conventional song at all and she doesn't want to talk about the subject matter because it's obviously very heavy and challenging, but it's quite clear that she knows it's an impressive piece of art. She's mentioned it in almost every interview. 

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I don't think she meant it like that at all.

Reveal hidden contents

She was explaining that she didn't set out to make a song with Fingertips but to reveal her darkest formative experiences as quickly as possible by laying it all out on the table. Fingertips isn't a conventional song at all and she doesn't want to talk about the subject matter because it's obviously very heavy and challenging, but it's quite clear that she knows it's an impressive piece of art. She's mentioned it in almost every interview. 

I was being sarcastic :awkney:

1 minute ago, Americen Whore said:

I was being sarcastic :awkney:

I know but a lot of people are taking her quote out of context already (not just here) and quoting you was the easiest way to say my thoughts lolol :twirls:

14 minutes ago, Blossom said:

*ignore user*:judgingu:

I'm gonna call you tn and whisper "overhyped" into the phone and hang up 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Spoiler

Fingertips isn’t a song it’s a conversation. It’s a bit like dialogue from a musical.  It’s more like one of her Poems.  It’s beautiful with personal lyrics, but probably as a song in the typical sense it wouldn’t be seen as ‘that good’. So I can understand what Lana is saying. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Spoiler

I just want to say that I love the eerie music/Lynchian vibe on the pastor interlude and it flows so nicely into Candy Necklace, and then also into the Batiste interlude. I’d love a whole album full of dark songs like that. Her goth/dark wave era when? Hoping her second poetry book has more of that sound. I also really love the music Jack did for Violet. So moody!

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

1 hour ago, DZKSLEFTNUT said:

Im sorry but this album is so fucking boring I need Born to Die Lana back at least Peppers did SOMETHING for me. Like what was she thinking…

go listen to born to die then....

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

Hi, new here. I don't expect to post a lot but I really just wanted to add something positive in the mix. 
I've been a fan since 2011 and would never have expected to still be so invested in her by 2023. All her albums have been such amazing entries in her catalogue, it's incredible how prolific she is and how the quality is always up there. 
That said, I feel like this new album is her best, and to those who want to dismiss that opinion by saying "Oh that's just initial adrenaline" or something patronizing like that, it's not. 
I enjoyed her previous 2 a lot but they didn't match my absolute adoration I had for albums like "BTD", "Honeymoon" and NFR. This one definitely does match those for me. It's such a wonderful journey from beginning till end, it feels like one big warm yet emotional hug and I love the diversity. 
I'll post a ranking after I heard the album in full HQ friday, I haven't heard CN yet. 
I just wanted to share the love for this album, cause it deserves it.