Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

My thoughts on Fingertips

Spoiler

I have to disagree with people defending fingertips by saying that it’s a poem in a song, those words if written down as a poem and not sung as a song then they simply would be bad - defending it for it’s sentiment or how it was formed is totally understandable and in fact valid but calling it a poem is not really doing it justice in fact making it seem even worse

3 minutes ago, margaret soty said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the lyrics of Fishtail? :hide:

I would appreciate it if someone could explain it to me. :whine:

Explained by AI since it's better than I am at analyzing songs :bebe:

Spoiler

These lyrics appear to be from a song that discusses a complex and emotionally challenging romantic relationship. The lyrics feature vivid imagery, metaphors, and repetition to convey the singer's feelings and experiences. The main theme of the song revolves around the idea that the partner wants the singer to be "sadder." This could be interpreted as the partner desiring vulnerability or emotional instability in the singer, possibly to maintain control or to make themselves feel more needed.

The chorus repeats the line "Don't you dare say that you'll braid my hair babe," which may symbolize a promise of emotional support and intimacy that the partner doesn't truly intend to fulfill. The singer repeatedly asks their partner not to make these promises if they don't actually care.

Throughout the song, the singer reflects on past moments and memories, such as swinging in a nightgown under an old oak tree or sunning in the LA river bed. These images evoke feelings of nostalgia and longing for a simpler time in the relationship when things were less complicated.

There's also an interesting juxtaposition between the black and white palm trees and the singer's technicolor view, suggesting a contrast between the partner's monochromatic outlook and the singer's more vivid perspective. The line "Maybe I’ll take my glasses off so I stop painting red flags green" suggests that the singer might be realizing they have been overlooking or rationalizing negative aspects of the relationship.

Overall, the song's lyrics convey a sense of emotional struggle, vulnerability, and longing for a more genuine connection within a romantic relationship. The vivid imagery and poetic language add depth to the emotions expressed and encourage listeners to engage with the themes and emotions presented.

7 minutes ago, Hejira87 said:

Hi, new here. I don't expect to post a lot but I really just wanted to add something positive in the mix. 
I've been a fan since 2011 and would never have expected to still be so invested in her by 2023. All her albums have been such amazing entries in her catalogue, it's incredible how prolific she is and how the quality is always up there. 
That said, I feel like this new album is her best, and to those who want to dismiss that opinion by saying "Oh that's just initial adrenaline" or something patronizing like that, it's not. 
I enjoyed her previous 2 a lot but they didn't match my absolute adoration I had for albums like "BTD", "Honeymoon" and NFR. This one definitely does match those for me. It's such a wonderful journey from beginning till end, it feels like one big warm yet emotional hug and I love the diversity. 
I'll post a ranking after I heard the album in full HQ friday, I haven't heard CN yet. 
I just wanted to share the love for this album, cause it deserves it. 

Love this post, and I totally agree. The album floored me and you will not be disappointed by Candy Necklace :gclap:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Explained by AI since it's better than I am at analyzing songs :bebe:

Reveal hidden contents

These lyrics appear to be from a song that discusses a complex and emotionally challenging romantic relationship. The lyrics feature vivid imagery, metaphors, and repetition to convey the singer's feelings and experiences. The main theme of the song revolves around the idea that the partner wants the singer to be "sadder." This could be interpreted as the partner desiring vulnerability or emotional instability in the singer, possibly to maintain control or to make themselves feel more needed.

The chorus repeats the line "Don't you dare say that you'll braid my hair babe," which may symbolize a promise of emotional support and intimacy that the partner doesn't truly intend to fulfill. The singer repeatedly asks their partner not to make these promises if they don't actually care.

Throughout the song, the singer reflects on past moments and memories, such as swinging in a nightgown under an old oak tree or sunning in the LA river bed. These images evoke feelings of nostalgia and longing for a simpler time in the relationship when things were less complicated.

There's also an interesting juxtaposition between the black and white palm trees and the singer's technicolor view, suggesting a contrast between the partner's monochromatic outlook and the singer's more vivid perspective. The line "Maybe I’ll take my glasses off so I stop painting red flags green" suggests that the singer might be realizing they have been overlooking or rationalizing negative aspects of the relationship.

Overall, the song's lyrics convey a sense of emotional struggle, vulnerability, and longing for a more genuine connection within a romantic relationship. The vivid imagery and poetic language add depth to the emotions expressed and encourage listeners to engage with the themes and emotions presented.

:oprah2: guess who's now going to use ai to make insightful posts

get ready :smirk:

Capture.jpg

1 hour ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Here is how the album sounds like to me

Hide contents

Track 1: The Grants

s87tbIb.jpg

Track 2: Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

uCPyPKs.jpg

Track 3: Sweet

ViVU494.jpg

Track 4: A&W

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzKnuryn_x9KYwL_KO_ex

Track 5: Judah Smith Interlude

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQw4tmrLMPPR5ysbfJUc9L

Track 6: Candy Necklace

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQC7OpjxVRA2UCqtDfoxK

Track 7: Jon Batite Interlude

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTftB5yu-P3VgIX97RBhaX

Track 8: Kintsugi

4i6HwPt.jpg

Track 9: Fingertips

bD7LyYq.jpg

Track 10: Paris, Texas

scaAHzK.jpg

Track 11: Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing

Te1nUbG.jpg

Track 12: Let The Light In

reZZX1L.jpg

Track 13: Margaret

j5djtCT.jpg

Track 14: Fishtail

1CuIFeA.jpg

Track 15: Peppers

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREtDKrx9x4lhMzRlIbYBx

Track 16: Taco Truck x VB

qCimdte.jpg

I haven’t listened yet but I feel these 100%

25 minutes ago, imaginist said:

Omg I watched this yesterday and I loved it. She said she’s gonna do more Lana reactions too!

I don’t think I’m ready for this.. her lyrics break my heart and soul enough even without a therapist explaining them to me:trisha:

....alright, since i'm going to the listening party tomorrow - i have decided that i will listen to the leaked album in full once by myself tonight to have my own experience before the collective one tomorrow. i need to know what im preparing myself for

any songs make anyone cry?? 

Wait, about Fishtails 

Spoiler

It doesn't read as a romantic relationship to me. Braiding hair, imo, seems indicative of a maternal or sisterly relationship. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

1 minute ago, living legend said:

....alright, since i'm going to the listening party tomorrow - i have decided that i will listen to the leaked album in full once by myself tonight to have my own experience before the collective one tomorrow. i need to know what im preparing myself for

Candy Necklace will make you cry :true:

1 minute ago, living legend said:

You could tell us if you notice any diference between the leaks and the final version you'll hear on the listening party:true:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

3 minutes ago, living legend said:

Fingertips and Kintsugi have had me crying ugly.

Just now, Mer said:

Wait, about Fishtails 

Reveal hidden contents

It doesn't read as a romantic relationship to me. Braiding hair, imo, seems indicative of a maternal or sisterly relationship. 

Spoiler

in an interview she said that lyric was written after a guy promised one of her friends he would come and braid her hair but he never showed up (something along those lines), so the initial concept was definitely romantic - but i could see it partially transforming into something maternal / sisterly

she does use the "braid my hair" lyric from angelina in peppers too though which is also referencing a romantic relationship which makes me think fishtail is the same

sUcVobB.png

4 minutes ago, living legend said:

Fingertips and Kintsugi will be the most immediate answers but personally I sobbed on my first listen of

Spoiler

Paris, Texas

IMG-7960.jpg

5 minutes ago, living legend said:

margaret

Omg enjoy!! I teared up multiple times throughout, you are in for a ride!! 

I might go tomorrow too if I can escape work

9 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

:oprah2: guess who's now going to use ai to make insightful posts

get ready :smirk:

I’m always fucking astounded by language models 

Spoiler

songs with crying factor :crai:: Kintsugi, Fingertips, Let The Light In and Margaret

11 hours ago, American Whore said:

You stan kpop artists whose discographies all sound the same but go off i guess sis :slayty:

edit: maybe i shouldn't be mean. sorry, it's late and i'm sleepy. off to bed.

edit #2: i will say though, i do think that it's unfair to say half of the album should've been axed. i'll give you the interludes, but the rest of the album serves it's purpose. ironic coming from someone whose username is an axed song :oprah2:

edit #3: sorry, i'm actually going to bed this time. i'm not trying to be mean 

The group in my profile picture is not K-Pop, weird assumption.. And why am I getting hate when I only spoke my opinion. Didn’t say its bad didnt say its good.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

47 minutes ago, terrencelovesy0u said:

You guys need to watch this reaction/evaluation of A&W done by a therapist. It completely changed my perspective on the song. https://youtu.be/UgD5r80-NO0

i really loved this & she totally nailed it from start to finish, i hope to see her dive in on a few more tracks off OB after it comes out! thanks for sharing.

A&W is really such a heartbreaking song n what she sings about is quite a universal experience for women sadly, today i was reading twitter when i saw Sydney Sweeneys recent interview where she talks about how her body developing quicker left her feeling v ostracized and also as if that's all she had to offer ... "when your body becomes sexualised as a child, you can start to hate it & blame yourself" , i thought of A&W instantly. thousands of women in the quotes saying they understand just how she feels. it's really a damn shame.. so i am glad that songs like this are creating more conversation, even if uncomfortable, around the issue too. it needs to be addressed!

i really hope all women are able to heal from their own unique of experience of sexualisation..there are different types of this experience, one isn't worse than the other. but this trauma is common, confusing and painful for young girls.(sorry for the rant!)