Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

17 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

what’s y’all’s favourite moment of this ICONIC! thread 

mine is when during fishgate you all made fun of my dead fish jerry:xgiggle: but tbh i served this look during the lipster awardsDDPhie7.jpg

JERRY! i remember ha she was a she was a slut

2 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

ik i’m a bit late on this but am i the only one that thinks btd-uv sounds cheap and not the chaco antanoff produced albums

maybe it’s not as grand but it feels more expensive and fitting 

like this album sounds so well produced idk what honeymouns was on about

I wouldn’t call UV cheap-sounding but BTD in some places for sure 

1 minute ago, BartenderDeco said:

ik i’m a bit late on this but am i the only one that thinks btd-uv sounds cheap and not the chaco antanoff produced albums

i mean it doesn't sound more expensive to me but i always thought jacks production sounded very professional which is why i don't like drew erickson:tommy: the album does sound badly mixed but these leaks are unmastered so we can't fully judge until it's released on streaming

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

5 minutes ago, taco truck said:

i love this new album but it does kind of make me sad that from interviews it seems like (at this point) she never wants to go back to her original "grander" styles of music :um2:

Didn't she say in the Billie interview that this album isn't about "world-building" but she might get back to that in the future. Or was it a diffent one

3 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:
  Hide contents

Is this true?😭

No

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, MrFameKills said:

Didn't she say in the Billie interview that this album isn't about "world-building" but she might get back to that in the future. Or was it a diffent one

she did say that, but she also keeps saying she wanted everything to be "so good" and now she doesn't care about that, which does make me believe we will never get anything as polished as honeymoon ever again:crai: idk i wish she could release an album like ob but also like honeymoon or btd at the same time LOL

9 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

hmm .. before we had the tracklist, desperate af n scrambling to decode the GPSOTSOMFWHDSF acronym  :defeated:

more recently..... im ngl,,,, #rosemeadexclusivebaby was funny ok like it just was. did they end up milking it too hard???? yes but for a min it was funny , more so the memes about it on here that night than the actual thing tho anyway

& last when Kintsugi pulled up to scalp the fk out of us collectively

it’s so embarassing how we didn’t figure out margaret when lana literally told us on the album announcement :facepalm:

9 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:
  Hide contents

Is this true?😭

no but a megan x lana collab would be so lit

13 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

Wait when did honeymouns talk shit on the production?

Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself; I am large - I contain multitudes

:justride:

2 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

no literally that was SO . hm mmm we did not rub our collective 20 braincells together in that moment :thumb:

we literally figured out what GPSOTSOMFWHDSF stood for but couldn’t figure out the most obvious in our face thing

20 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

:awkney:

You can actually hear her words enunciate on production that isn’t part of the pro tools pack there sweetie. 

like some of the beats on BTD can sound tinny at times/subjective of course but you can’t seriously tell me taco truck or peppers have been produced seamlessly between sections. 

15 minutes ago, taco truck said:

she did say that, but she also keeps saying she wanted everything to be "so good" and now she doesn't care about that, which does make me believe we will never get anything as polished as honeymoon ever again:crai: idk i wish she could release an album like ob but also like honeymoon or btd at the same time LOL

She also said that she wouldn't mind making pop albums again and at the interview she gave during the Billboard awards, she said she's finished writing about her family so

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

24 minutes ago, taco truck said:

i love this new album but it does kind of make me sad that from interviews it seems like (at this point) she never wants to go back to her original "grander" styles of music :um2:

i mean it’s interesting because in that extra write up by the girl who did the rolling stones interview, she revealed that the instrumentals to BTD sounded completely different before emile haynie worked on it, much more pop production that she expected, so i wonder what sound she was initially going for 

Just now, esotericfaerie said:

i mean it’s interesting because in that extra write up by the girl who did the rolling stones interview, she revealed that the instrumentals to BTD sounded completely different before emile haynie worked on it, much more pop production that she expected, so i wonder what sound she was initially going for 

i'm assuming more like video games 

6 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

:awkney:

You can actually hear her words enunciate on production that isn’t part of the pro tools pack there sweetie. 

like some of the beats on BTD can sound tinny at times/subjective of course but you can’t seriously tell me taco truck or peppers have been produced seamlessly between sections. 

i mean with the non drew songs

like nfr and chemtrails production sound much better than lfl>

I think she'll embrace the duality of this record from now on

Spoiler

I don't think we're ever getting another wordy album full of ballads like the new songs from BB but also not another polished world building (sorry :hide:) record like Honeymoon.

Ocean Blvd made it clear that she enjoys her stream of consciousness moments and the automatic singing raw part of the creative process but she still likes to have fun with the music (like the three last tracks).

But to be fair Lana is so unpredictable we could be getting a country record next and I wouldn't be surprised :hide:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

i'm assuming more like video games 

the official release or the original version? because i think i read somewhere that lana said video games was originally a piano ballad (lol to haters). idk i feel like some of the lyrics on some songs on btd fare better with the more involved production