Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

please i need the pitchfork and anthony fantano reviews immediately those are really the only ones i care about :trisha: 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

I wasn't being serious :hillary: Ofc I know that everyone has different opinions, I'm just kidding around lol

Spoiler

sorry i thought u were @GodsMonster who was going feral on everyone earlier lmao. If i knew it was you i would've realize you weren't being serious :oopna2:

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

19 minutes ago, shadesofyayo said:
Spoiler

i just needed two seconds to breathe”

speaking of that line i just adore it so much

Spoiler

"i give myself 2 seconds to breathe & go back to being a serene queen, i just needed 2 seconds to be me"

since listening for the first time, whenever i listen to it i always picture it as if Lana's inhaling before the song starts & exhales, is able to exhale, once it ends

obviously, not so literally, since holding your breath that long seems uncomfortable & is likely deadly LOL but if you get what i mean you get what i mean

the "2 seconds" just meaning the song itself where she finally gets all these thoughts n memories out of her system, obviously it's a lot longer than 2 seconds but in the grand scheme of things.. her life n her discography which is made up of 100s of songs, it's technically not that long. like think of how many long interviews she's done etc where she never revealed so much as she did in these 5 minutes..

idk if im even making sense it just seems like it was very cathartic for her, i hope it was anyways & those closing lines are forever iconic :trisha: RANT OVER!!!

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

No matter how many times it's explained to me, I will never understand how Metacritic works :true:

It's just so meta ig :true:

Spoiler

i'm so confused by the mention of jack in kintsugi... like what is she trying to say about him :toofunny: that he will be with her, or he won't?

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

please i need the pitchfork and anthony fantano reviews immediately those are really the only ones i care about :trisha: 

don't give too much to Fantano, he did speak reasonably positively about "the Grants" today, but again not without a condescending undertone saying "by Lana standards". :wtf:

Just now, Harry Nilsson said:

don't give too much to Fantano, he did speak reasonably positively about "the Grants" today, but again not without a condescending undertone saying "by Lana standards". :wtf:

ok personally i like fantano, i think his reviews are fun to listen to even tho i don't agree with a lot of his takes... but mostly those are the only ones i care about bc those are the only ones the gp read/watch

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

ok personally i like fantano, i think his reviews are fun to listen to even tho i don't agree with a lot of his takes... but mostly those are the only ones i care about bc those are the only ones the gp read/watch

i don't like Fantano but he has pretty high credibility amongst certain demographics who would be more inclined to listen to an album that he reviews positively. So a win would be a win. 

1 minute ago, Harry Nilsson said:

I caught, too. He just had to have a little dig in there :pft:

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

i'm so confused by the mention of jack in kintsugi... like what is she trying to say about him :toofunny: that he will be with her, or he won't?

Spoiler

with the lyrics before it "all of the ways when you see someone dying, the sea of your days flash in front of you & you think about who will be with you & then there's Donoghue"

as it's a very stream-of-consciousness track, it seems she's saying when she went/goes to think of who will be there with her when she dies, Jack is the first one who comes/came into her mind? we can't answer the question if that will happen or not but it seems like Lana is picturing it at least... maybe seeing if she can picture it anyway, them old together? 

this is just my interpretation though, im very unsure cause she does not elaborate further on that point:thumb:she starts talking to Rob

10 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I could be totally off base but my initial interpretation is that she's revealing these super heavy topics that she's exploring in her mind, like who will be by your side when you die, and then she says "and then there's Donoghue," who from what I gather seems like a more simple-minded go with the flow kind of person, almost making a little joke about the contrast between an over-thinker like her who analyzes everything to death, and someone who doesn't contemplate these heavier things as much. I obviously don't know though him so maybe that's not the case at all, but the concept makes sense to me!

1 minute ago, LanaBalkana said:

Which songs do you think will go viral? Other than the bops peppers and taco truck probably

A&W has lowkey been going viral. It’s made it’s way to Lana’s top 5 on Spotify. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

24 minutes ago, shadesofyayo said:

imo she should have put the more upbeat tracks after A&W and then used fingertips as the closer, imagine “i just needed two seconds to breathe” being the album closer

is ur php from shades of cool bts? its so dope i think i never seen that:oprah4:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y