Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

9 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Reveal hidden contents

i'm so confused by the mention of jack in kintsugi... like what is she trying to say about him :toofunny: that he will be with her, or he won't?

Spoiler

i think she's saying that he's an outlier– she can't figure out what his place will be in her life, a person who she feels incredibly close to but also has their doubts about. imo knowing as little as i do about each of them/their relationship it makes sense to me, he seems like someone who she can prob share a lot of her struggles with, esp re addiction etc, but who is also not on the same path as her re trying to actively lead a different kind of life, and therefore it remains up in the air what place he will have in her life trajectory despite the fact that he prob understands her better than many others

aOaIzH2.gif

5 minutes ago, burthday kake said:
  Hide contents

with the lyrics before it "all of the ways when you see someone dying, the sea of your days flash in front of you & you think about who will be with you & then there's Donoghue"

as it's a very stream-of-consciousness track, it seems she's saying when she went/goes to think of who will be there with her when she dies, Jack is the first one who comes/came into her mind? we can't answer the question if that will happen or not but it seems like Lana is picturing it at least... maybe seeing if she can picture it anyway, them old together? 

this is just my interpretation though, im very unsure cause she does not elaborate further on that point:thumb:she starts talking to Rob

im so confused tho.

Didn't they break up?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

5 minutes ago, burthday kake said:
  Hide contents

with the lyrics before it "all of the ways when you see someone dying, the sea of your days flash in front of you & you think about who will be with you & then there's Donoghue"

as it's a very stream-of-consciousness track, it seems she's saying when she went/goes to think of who will be there with her when she dies, Jack is the first one who comes/came into her mind? we can't answer the question if that will happen or not but it seems like Lana is picturing it at least... maybe seeing if she can picture it anyway, them old together? 

this is just my interpretation though, im very unsure cause she does not elaborate further on that point:thumb:she starts talking to Rob

Spoiler

I swear I thought she meant "and then there's Donahue - a daytime talk host who I think is off air now, but in his time was probably most watched by the elderly.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

12 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:

don't give too much to Fantano, he did speak reasonably positively about "the Grants" today, but again not without a condescending undertone saying "by Lana standards". :wtf:

Fantano's grating af to me tbh, and that's beyond just the Lana reviews.

But that's also just me, I don't really care for how a lot of music reviews are the subjective experience being presented as the objective takeaway for others to follow.

It's great to see when high-profile music journals and reviewers *do* receive a new album well, and I get the exposure aspect. I also think it's great to recognize how the same piece of work is received differently (it's one of the things that make art art.) But I don't get consumed by the numbers, or really give it any thought when people repeatedly review the same artist's work while making it clear that their expectations are low out of personal bias.

It's all a popularity contest, and the people judging the contestants all have their own tastes, many of them in accordance to what is the hot trend. It's all meaningless to the end game of the music. Pop culture just conditioned everyone to put too much focus on these things.

I'm looking forward to reading little bits here and there, but I'm most looking forward to my first listen and walking through an album that may or may not be exactly what I needed to hear at this moment in my life. 

4 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

Hide contents

i think she's saying that he's an outlier– she can't figure out what his place will be in her life, a person who she feels incredibly close to but also has their doubts about. imo knowing as little as i do about each of them/their relationship it makes sense to me, he seems like someone who she can prob share a lot of her struggles with, esp re addiction etc, but who is also not on the same path as her re trying to actively lead a different kind of life, and therefore it remains up in the air what place he will have in her life trajectory despite the fact that he prob understands her better than many others

That's also how I interpreted it.

4 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

im so confused tho.

Didn't they break up?

Kintsugi was recorded in April 2022, they were together during that time.

32 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

im so confused tho.

Didn't they break up?

i think they did? 

for what it's worth tho, i think people can separate but continue to hold a sort of very timeless, deep love for one another - not all breakups end up with you completely out of one another's lives or angry, you know? at least not immediately. thinking of how after jane n serge split he continued writing songs for her to sing, became god-father to her child n when he died she left her childhood stuffed animal in his casket:xcry:

but yeah she's stated they are friends in interviews, i think they have a special bond of some sort, i could b v wrong tho!!! or like others said its simply bc the song was written while they were together, i do like these other interpretations im seeing, anything is possible!!!

-----------------

@longtimeman :thumb: WHO?!

For all those saying the VB part doesn't have impact because it's been like 5 years since its release here's a quote from the Attitude review:

Album closer ‘Taco Truck x VB’ is similarly nervy, incorporating a gnarlier version of Norman Fucking Rockwell! single ‘Venice Bitch’, with all the self-referential confidence of Madonna sampling ‘Vogue’ on ‘Deeper and Deeper’.

Vogue was released in 1990, and Deeper And Deeper in 1992 so let miss Taco be the baddie she is. Periodt :read:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

2 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Kintsugi was recorded in April 2022, they were together during that time.

that... didnt age well

But i hope they're still on good terms tho. He seems very genuine and she was happy during that time.

Spoiler

but honestly, I think every relationship she had after Sean was just like... she was playing around & not being serious or committing to no one. I guess the heartbreak Sean left her with was too damaged that it changed her, she's no longer looking for love so "... this is the experience of being an American whore" finally makes sense.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Just now, SalvaWHORE said:

that... didnt age well

But i hope they're still on good terms tho. He seems very genuine and she was happy during that time.

Hide contents

but honestly, I think every relationship she had after Sean was just like... she was playing around & not being serious or committing to no one. I guess the heartbreak Sean left her with was too damaged that it changed her, she's no longer looking for love so "... this is the experience of being an American whore" finally makes sense.

which is truly hilarious because she supposedly was engaged to clay

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

3 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

For all those saying the VB part doesn't have impact because it's been like 5 years since its release here's a quote from the Attitude review:

Album closer ‘Taco Truck x VB’ is similarly nervy, incorporating a gnarlier version of Norman Fucking Rockwell! single ‘Venice Bitch’, with all the self-referential confidence of Madonna sampling ‘Vogue’ on ‘Deeper and Deeper’.

Vogue was released in 1990, and Deeper And Deeper in 1992 so let miss Taco be the baddie she is. Periodt :read:

YASSS. THE DEEPER & DEEPER APPRECIATION.

Deeper & Deeper is one of the most immaculate song Madonna has ever made Istg & the best part of it is hearing Madonna screams "you got to just... LET YOUR BODY MOVE TO THE MUSIC" in the outro of that song.

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

which is truly hilarious because she supposedly was engaged to clay

well. except him

i actually never liked him,he doesnt look suitable for a queen like Lana but she had her time so...

A&W and Venice Bitch have been stuck in my head  all week but I’ve been refusing to listen to them because I want the album to feel fresh when I listen the first time. Help. :icant:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

10 minutes ago, All Around the Moon said:

For those who have heard the album, which picture do you think fits it best? Not just the album covers, but the ocean and flower pictures too. :)

Well... Here are the pictures of specific sceneries / landscapes / atmospheres that came to my mind when I listen to the album track-by-track:

1 minute ago, Urbanney said:

A&W and Venice Bitch have been stuck in my head  all week but I’ve been refusing to listen to them because I want the album to feel fresh when I listen the first time. Help. :icant:

I've been going through the exact same thing, I'm just playing other music constantly to keep my mind busy