Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

18 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

omg do we know more dates from ocean

The only other confirmed date is Margaret - October September 2022.

Candy Necklace is likely from August 2022 based on when Lana shared the snippet from the studio.

Fingertips and Ocean Blvd were the first two tracks, so around September 2021 if I had to guess.

3 songs on the album made it to my top 10 :agree:

Spoiler

1. Off To The Races

2. Salvatore

3. Fishtail

4. Old Money

5. Candy Necklace

6. Peppers

7. Summer Bummer

8. Million Dollar Man

9. West Coast

10. White Dress 

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

The only other confirmed date is Margaret - October 2022.

Candy Necklace is likely from August 2022 based on when Lana shared the snippet from the studio.

Fingertips and Ocean Blvd were the first two tracks, so around September 2021 if I had to guess.

margarita was mastered alongside all the other tracks at the end of september 2022 so it's not from october

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

The only other confirmed date is Margaret - October 2022.

and also the person selling fingertips and ocean blvd said they were bb outtakes so they had to be recorded before october 2021

Spoiler

tbh this is a bit more of a negative connotation but now im rly pondering on the Donoghue lyric LMAO:

shes talking about all this heavy stuff, death etc. n then comes "and then there's Donoghue.." could it imply he's another difficult "situation" she has to deal with/figure out on top of everything else?? like maybe since their relationship was complicated/rough. though she sings it with quite a bit of levity imo... so idk if this clicks??????

.. anyways ill move on from this for now:thumb:

Just now, BartenderDeco said:

and also the person selling fingertips and ocean blvd said they were bb outtakes so they had to be recorded before october 2021

Yes, Lana has also explicitly mentioned Harry Nilsson in her Blue Banisters release stream so I assume the Ocean Blvd demo was recorded before that.

1 minute ago, BartenderDeco said:

they are not bb outtakes though, they were just made before bb was released as she talked about ocean blvd on bb release day live stream. she probably has a handful of songs made for the next album already :air2:

3 minutes ago, burthday kake said:
  Hide contents

tbh this is a bit more of a negative connotation but now im rly pondering on the Donoghue lyric LMAO:

shes talking about all this heavy stuff, death etc. n then comes "and then there's Donoghue.." could it imply he's another difficult "situation" she has to deal with on top of everything?? like maybe since their relationship was complicated/rough. though she sings it with quite a bit of levity imo... so idk if this clicks??????

.. anyways ill move on from this for now:thumb:

then there's donoghue who is a FLOP. she was being shady and sarcastic! 

Spoiler

I’m worried about fingertips. I obviously didn’t listen to it yet but with its wordiness and the comparisons to Joanna Newsom (who is one of my fav artists ever) I expected it to be a career highlight but now people are saying it lacks melody and is more of a poem than a song :headache:

1 minute ago, birds of paradise said:
  Hide contents

I’m worried about fingertips. I obviously didn’t listen to it yet but with its wordiness and the comparisons to Joanna Newsom (who is one of my fav artists ever) I expected it to be a career highlight but now people are saying it lacks melody and is more of a poem than a song :headache:

Spoiler

No, it’s beautiful. I’m always finding myself singing along to it. To me it’s one of the highlights of the record. It sounds like it’s from a musical, but like in the best way. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

1 minute ago, birds of paradise said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

joanna newsom is way better imo, i don't think lana works well in that style

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 DAYS LEFT

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

7 minutes ago, 111 said:

margarita was mastered alongside all the other tracks at the end of september 2022 so it's not from october

I misremembered the date. Lana indeed said September in this interview: http://lanaboards.com/topic/16671-lana-covers-interview-magazine-march-2023-issue-interview/

September 2022 was the very last song I wrote. It’s a song called “Margaret,” about Jack Antonoff’s fiance [Margaret Qualley].

5 minutes ago, 111 said:

they are not bb outtakes though, they were just made before bb was released as she talked about ocean blvd on bb release day live stream. she probably has a handful of songs made for the next album already :air2:

I think the term "outtake" is generally used a little too loosely in this fanbase. Additionally, I don't think Lana works with very distinct or rigid eras (i.e., she'll start a new era before the public launch of the previous one), and there is some spillover. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

2 minutes ago, birds of paradise said:
  Hide contents

Joanna is the best comparison I can think of. There are core melodies that are repeated throughout the song but structure wise it is very rambling and doesn’t conform to a specific bpm/tempo. Ys era Joanna, for sure. 

8 minutes ago, 111 said:

do u know the recording dates for all the songs?

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・