Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, Harry Nilsson said:
  Hide contents

so 'candy' in candy necklace doesn't really stand for the sweet, right?

candy.jpg

especially 3.

actually it's not surprising in terms of Lana, but I have to correct my naive worldview a bit :lange:

Spoiler

ya tbh i interpreted it as drugs or actual literal jewelry like saying she's infatuated with this guy's involvement in these celebrity party cultures and his money. the lyrics are very uv/honeymoon.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

12 minutes ago, birds of paradise said:
  Hide contents

I’m worried about fingertips. I obviously didn’t listen to it yet but with its wordiness and the comparisons to Joanna Newsom (who is one of my fav artists ever) I expected it to be a career highlight but now people are saying it lacks melody and is more of a poem than a song :headache:

Don't worry about it.

It's a brilliant piece of music and if it's compared to Joanna you know it's gonna be a song that needs time and multiple listens before you can grasp it. 
Those who dismiss the song as a non melodic bore would not like Joanna songs.
You'll be fine with it!

1 minute ago, White Dress said:
  Hide contents

Do we have CN in HQ yet? Sorry if this has been asked a lot already

I keep asking the same question constantly even though I keep refreshing *those* pages every 5 mins :flop: They're gatekeeping it apparently

19 minutes ago, 111 said:

they are not bb outtakes though, they were just made before bb was released as she talked about ocean blvd on bb release day live stream. she probably has a handful of songs made for the next album already :air2:

yeah ik they’re not but the seller probably wasn’t a lana stan and doesn’t know she was recording the next album before bb came out 

11 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Remember when Kintsugi said Lana shaded Dua Lipa in this album (BOZ later debunked that). Now that most of us have heard the album, what could have made Kiki think that? 

I think they were just joking.

9 minutes ago, lernerderrey said:

Ugh taco truck is the worst lana album closer

Me when I forget This Is What Makes Us Girls, The Other Woman, Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood, For Free, and Sweet Carolina

Edited by Lanaparadiserey
Bel Air really is that girl I take it back🥺

1 minute ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Me when I forget This Is What Makes Us Girls, Bel Air, The Other Woman, Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood, For Free, and Sweet Carolina

not too much on bel air now:awkney:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

13 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I’m seeing people stating this album will never get reviews like Solar power but even NME gave that album 5/5 :rip:  it wasn’t really panned 

The Independent gave SP a 40 (Ocean Blvd: 80), Gigwise a 60 (Ocean Blvd: 100), SP had a lot of bad ratings: https://www.albumoftheyear.org/album/378462-lorde-solar-power.php

14 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Remember when Kintsugi said Lana shaded Dua Lipa in this album (BOZ later debunked that). Now that most of us have heard the album, what could have made Kiki think that? 

kintsugi was just teasing boz i’m pretty sure

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

2 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Me when I forget This Is What Makes Us Girls, Bel Air, The Other Woman, Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood, For Free, and Sweet Carolina

bel air and the other woman? take that back now :defeated:

2 minutes ago, rosemeadexclusivebbnewyorkcity said:

Hide contents

you don’t like Venice Bitch? that’s all it is… 

I love Venice bitch I don't care for bad remixes just thrown at the end of a song 

3 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Sweet Carolina is prolly my favorite lana song

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

1 minute ago, Tamagotchi said:

bel air and the other woman? take that back now :defeated:

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

not too much on bel air now:awkney:

Bel Air is cunt but The Other Woman is a cover so it doesn’t even compare to an original