Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, love deluxe said:

excuse me, but this is the did you know that there’s a tunnel under ocean blvd album pre-release thread. i believe you’re looking for the paradise ep / album post-release thread!

It was mentioned a few pages back I just didn’t quote!

2 hours ago, DCooper said:

Fingertips

Reveal hidden contents

is literally the emotional climax of the album and perhaps her whole career lol, it is the essential track of the record.

d7f739b6f8164e3ccec6a78dbd53bb6c.gif

Spoiler

What exactly is so heartbreaking about it? She's essentially talking about the same stuff she mentioned in Wildflower Wildfire, minus the melody that usually elevates the emotional quality of the song.

I personally cannot connect to it on an emotional level because I need lyrics and melodies in combination for that to happen. I find it difficult to connect to written art/poetry as well. It’s the melody that does it for me.

Calling Fingertips the emotional climax or THE essential song is almost like calling Burnt Norton the centerpiece of Honeymoon.

7 minutes ago, love deluxe said:

excuse me, but this is the did you know that there’s a tunnel under ocean blvd album pre-release thread. i believe you’re looking for the paradise ep / album post-release thread!

Or the thread for unpopular opinions.

Just now, CVNTDELREY said:

What if Lana started the fire in the tunnel for the music video :pout:

she would've if she heard one of her exes was there :oopna:

5 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

d7f739b6f8164e3ccec6a78dbd53bb6c.gif

Reveal hidden contents

What exactly is so heartbreaking about it? She's essentially talking about the same stuff she mentioned in Wildflower Wildfire, minus the melody that usually elevates the emotional quality of the song.

I personally cannot connect to it on an emotional level because I need lyrics and melodies in combination for that to happen. I find it difficult to connect to written art/poetry as well. It’s the melody that does it for me.

Calling Fingertips the emotional climax or THE essential song is almost like calling Burnt Norton the centerpiece of Honeymoon.

Or the thread for unpopular opinions.

you are so annoying sometimes that i hate that i agree with 3/4ths of your opinions

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I’ve spent forever trying to find the person who posted about certain fishtail lyrics - 

Spoiler

Wtf does she say here - “? On the stairs, Ella Fitzgerald in the air…” 

I know someone commented what she says about the stairs but I can’t find it lol.

2 minutes ago, neon palms sway said:

I’ve spent forever trying to find the person who posted about certain fishtail lyrics - 

Reveal hidden contents

I know someone commented what she says about the stairs but I can’t find it lol.

Spoiler

i'm not sure about the lyrics but does anyone think the chorus melody sounds like a melanie martinez song:slayty:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

4 minutes ago, neon palms sway said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

I was on the stairs, Ella Fitzgerald in the air, feeling hella rare

The poster is more interested in the design side, rather than the grammar side, and is using a style from the 60s/70s when a lot of movie posters had some small text above the title, and then the title in quotation marks, eg

Spoiler

1960+All+the+Fine+Young+Cannibals.jpg

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Does anyone else feel like she is being guarded about the critical reception of this one? Pointing out multiple times that the critic reaction shouldn't matter. Since this album is really about her thought process and family she probably doesn't want to let the opinions of others about it hurt her - but you can tell she wants it to be a piece of work that will be understood.

"Standout track ‘A&W’ suggests so: it mimics this equation almost to scale across a grandiose seven minutes and 15 seconds, four of which are all folksy strings, as Lana casually declares herself an ‘American whore’ – “it’s not about having someone to love me anymore,” she converses drowsily, like ‘Gods and Monsters’ Lana the morning after a night of debauchery – before the song thrillingly transmogrifies into a trap-hop kiss-off with an air of the spooky." https://www.attitude.co.uk/culture/music/lana-del-rey-did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd-review-428719/

Love this reviewer pointing out the vibey link between Gods and Monsters and A&W, I don't think I'll ever be finished finding parallels to her old work in this new album :wub:

𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎, 𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚢𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚊 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚑