Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, passmemyvape said:

it means nothing???? I mean I like three white butterflies for sure but the lyric is really beautiful like damn

it is pretty much nonsense, i get what it's kind of supposed to mean but like it doesn't really work for me and i think she just thought it was really poetic or something:scoff:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

it is pretty much nonsense, i get what it's kind of supposed to mean but like it doesn't really work for me and i think she just thought it was really poetic or something:scoff:

I interpret the title, and the song as 

Spoiler

I am who I am because of all of the hard work of the people who came before me. My grandfather’s hard work, resulted in my father’s hard work (the “deep sea fishing for sharks”, I take as a metaphor for undertaking dangerous tasks to provide for him and his family), so she can be who she is today (flaws and alls)  

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

14 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

The REAL Ocean Blvd tracklist!

Hide contents

1. a picture of the grants lays by the wayside
2. did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd
3. if you want me - i'll be sweet and barefeet
4. this is the experience of being an american whore
5. testimonials of an audience member at a judah smith preaching
6. rockefeller my umbrella - god i love you baby
7. candy necklace laid on the studio mixing desk
8. i was cracked open by the 3rd of march - but i was brought the sunlight of the spirit - and it was poured into me
9. when i look back - tracing fingertips over plastic bags (reminiscing by the ocean)
10. i went to paris, texas with a suitcase in my hand
11. grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep sea fishing
12. let the light in (i'm at your back door yelling cause i wanna come in)
13. baby if your love is in trouble - when you know you know
14. don't you dare say that you'll braid my hair babe - fishtail what's the matter
15. me and my boyfriend listen to the chili peppers
16. that's why they call me lanita when i get down i'm bonita (jealous of your love)

Spoiler

love this but I genuinely wish taco truck was called "imagine if we actually gave a fuck" and she let the Venice bitch part be more of a surprise

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

ion rly wanna fight cuz im new here and y'all scare me but likkkkeee maybe take a literature class or something

4 minutes ago, passmemyvape said:
  Reveal hidden contents

love this but I genuinely wish taco truck was called "imagine if we actually gave a fuck" and she let the Venice bitch part be more of a surprise

ion rly wanna fight cuz im new here and y'all scare me but likkkkeee maybe take a literature class or something

it’s not really a literary reference tho? 

2 minutes ago, passmemyvape said:
  Reveal hidden contents

girllll wtf i obviously understand stuff i just think the lyric is dumb and she could've said the same thing in a much better way, it doesn't need to be "dumbed down", but reading the title and hearing it in the song it sounds so silly that it just sounds like random words :toofunny:

I feel like the “educate yourself” sort of comments were potentially funny in 2014, but it’s getting a bit tiresome and rude—especially if you’re not going to follow it up with your own interpretation and thoughts so we can actually discuss…:oopna2:

14 minutes ago, Mer said:

it should’ve been 

Reveal hidden contents

Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he’s deep sea fishing for sharks in the pacific 

Just to fuck with us. 

In all seriousness I think this is what the title should’ve been

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

Just now, That Venice Bitch said:

In all seriousness I think this is what the title should’ve been

you know, it does roll off the tongue a bit better/sound a bit more complete. 

24 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

The REAL Ocean Blvd tracklist!

Reveal hidden contents

1. a picture of the grants lays by the wayside
2. did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd
3. if you want me - i'll be sweet and barefeet
4. this is the experience of being an american whore
5. testimonials of an audience member at a judah smith preaching
6. rockefeller my umbrella - god i love you baby
7. candy necklace laid on the studio mixing desk
8. i was cracked open by the 3rd of march - but i was brought the sunlight of the spirit - and it was poured into me
9. when i look back - tracing fingertips over plastic bags (reminiscing by the ocean)
10. i went to paris, texas with a suitcase in my hand
11. grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep sea fishing
12. let the light in (i'm at your back door yelling cause i wanna come in)
13. baby if your love is in trouble - when you know you know
14. don't you dare say that you'll braid my hair babe - fishtail what's the matter
15. me and my boyfriend listen to the chili peppers
16. that's why they call me lanita when i get down i'm bonita (jealous of your love)

its giving @the ocean's fake tracklist 

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

honestly i kind of thought it was actually a joke about her long titles like hope or chemtrails 

Spoiler

since the song is about the media and people misunderstanding her etc etc... but hearing her singing it so earnestly i think its just a weird ass lyric/ title. but it was so much more iconic when i thought it was satire...

A&W sounds so much better for me in context of the album :hair:

I haven't done a cartwheel since I was nine

I haven't seen my mother in a long, long time

:hair:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

40 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

Cause lbr it’s the only part that matters. I hate how long the album title is. The “Did you know that there's a…” portion really wasn’t necessary.

Just how “Grandfather…” easily could have had a shorter title.

wait until this bitch hears about when the pawn…

and let’s not forget our girl the idler wheel either

Just now, Alison by Slowdive said:

fingertips

Hide contents

giphy.gif

paris, texas

Hide contents

giphy.gifCarmen-Music-Video-lana-del-rey-31715221-1148-646.jpg

Spoiler

the first one is giving candy necklace more imo

25 minutes ago, Mer said:

I feel like the “educate yourself” sort of comments were potentially funny in 2014, but it’s getting a bit tiresome and rude—especially if you’re not going to follow it up with your own interpretation and thoughts so we can actually discuss…:oopna2:

2014 wow lol here's an explanation tho

u know the addy pull up

Spoiler

ok well I don't necessarily disagree with the fact that "three white butterflies" could have been a good title - but she's really focused on poetry and its a poetic device to use a line that is crucial to understanding the poem as a title. since family is a big theme on the album (direct name callouts throughout the album, opening with "the grants" etc) it makes sense that she's drawing attention to that lyric and not the butterflies or good intentions - she doesn't care about the GP opinion so a simplified name isn't that necessary.

I also feel like her long song titles are a rebellion against the fact that she gets so much scrutiny - the same way that the three BB single covers were the same edited pics. 

IMO the song is asking god to send her a sign that everything she is doing is worth it despite the scrutiny (I know they think it took somebody else to make me beautiful) but it's more than that. if it was just about that, sure 3 white butterflies and good intentions is a good title.

She's acknowledging how her father and grandfathers hard work got them to where they were supposed to be, and consequently allowed her to become who she is. karmic lineage vibes. her father is consistently working hard (deep sea fishing for sharks in the pacific) and if the grandfathers spirit can watch over him, and her intentions are good, she will have her father to watch over herself too. idk.  

Since she hates her mom too its kinda funny she's not acknowledging that side of her fam. 

its annoying to call a lyric that has significance to Lana dumb, she didn't write the album for everyone just to eat it up. also she's literally talking about scrutiny so why scrutinize her?? xoxo 

58 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

Cause lbr it’s the only part that matters. I hate how long the album title is. The “Did you know that there's a…” portion really wasn’t necessary.

Just how “Grandfather…” easily could have had a shorter title.

she talks about her poetry a lot and titling a poem with the most significant line draws attention to it. she doesn't do what other singers do all the time so I think its kinda sick that she does this.