Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, passmemyvape said:

2014 wow lol here's an explanation tho

Hide contents

its annoying to call a lyric that has significance to Lana dumb, she didn't write the album for everyone just to eat it up. also she's literally talking about scrutiny so why scrutinize her?? xoxo 

Spoiler

no one said she did, just because she likes it doesn't mean it's good to everyone tho lol... is "regrettably a white woman" not a dumb lyric to you then?  

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

7 minutes ago, margaret soty said:
  Hide contents

Can we talk about how wonderful Sweet is and how it could easily be the best song of the first three on the album? :flutter:

Spoiler

spilled as usual :oic2:

16 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

no one said she did, just because she likes it doesn't mean it's good to everyone tho lol... is "regrettably a white woman" not a dumb lyric to you then?  

Spoiler

I know I know I know that you hate me but that's literally not the same thing. yeah she writes stupid lyrics sometimes ill give you that but like... this lyric is referencing family and religion on an album with a focus on both those things. but we are entitled to our own opinions!! even if some are better than others lol

Edited by That Venice Bitch
Added spoiler

15 minutes ago, passmemyvape said:
  Hide contents

ok well I don't necessarily disagree with the fact that "three white butterflies" could have been a good title - but she's really focused on poetry and its a poetic device to use a line that is crucial to understanding the poem as a title. since family is a big theme on the album (direct name callouts throughout the album, opening with "the grants" etc) it makes sense that she's drawing attention to that lyric and not the butterflies or good intentions - she doesn't care about the GP opinion so a simplified name isn't that necessary.

I also feel like her long song titles are a rebellion against the fact that she gets so much scrutiny - the same way that the three BB single covers were the same edited pics. 

IMO the song is asking god to send her a sign that everything she is doing is worth it despite the scrutiny (I know they think it took somebody else to make me beautiful) but it's more than that. if it was just about that, sure 3 white butterflies and good intentions is a good title.

She's acknowledging how her father and grandfathers hard work got them to where they were supposed to be, and consequently allowed her to become who she is. karmic lineage vibes. her father is consistently working hard (deep sea fishing for sharks in the pacific) and if the grandfathers spirit can watch over him, and her intentions are good, she will have her father to watch over herself too. idk.  

Since she hates her mom too its kinda funny she's not acknowledging that side of her fam. 

its annoying to call a lyric that has significance to Lana dumb, she didn't write the album for everyone just to eat it up. also she's literally talking about scrutiny so why scrutinize her?? xoxo 

I agree with this interpretation. I love this song so much:hair:

if u guys had to give the interludes alternative titles, what would u say?

Spoiler

tho i actually really like and prefer how they've been titled, so im not trying to disrespect or think i know better than THEEE creator, it's just a creative exercise lol

judah smith interlude: lust (interlude) 

jon batiste interlude: lucky (interlude)

mUENGN9.png

manifesting the next album is 14 tracks that sound like Peppers, Taco Truck x VB, Cinnamon, Florida Kilos, FIILY & HBTB & has more wild features like Tommy genesis again, grimes, Billie Eilish, asap Rocky, Kali Uchis & the weeknd.

It would be a collapse of the entire solar system. You can’t tell me it wouldn’t absolutely fucking demolish every girl and gay in a 5,000,000 mile radius of California

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

3 minutes ago, World At War said:
  Hide contents

Do we know the importance of the December 18 date in Margaret?

Spoiler

probably the date of jack and margarets wedding this year

13 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

if u guys had to give the interludes alternative titles, what would u say?

Hide contents

tho i actually really like and prefer how they've been titled, so im not trying to disrespect or think i know better than THEEE creator, it's just a creative exercise lol

judah smith interlude: lust (interlude) 

jon batiste interlude: lucky (interlude)

Spoiler

I’d title JS interlude “you’re not going to like this, but I’ve realised my preaching isn’t about you- my preaching is about me” or whatever he says

JB interlude “honey”, “heavy” or “im feeling heavy” 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

updated ranking:

Spoiler

1. kintsugi

2. fingertips

3. candy necklace 

4. a&w

5. fishtail

6. grandfather

7. sweet

8. the grants 

9. taco truck 

10. peppers

11. let the light in

12. ocean blvd

13. jon batiste interlude

14. paris, texas

15. margaret

16. judah smith interlude 

16 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:
  Hide contents

seeing as she literally put a VB remix mashup in this album, I don’t think it’s far fetched to think that whatever she’s singing in the JB Interlude could end up as a full song on her next record. 

Ugh I need this but I am trying so hard to not get my hopes up :sadcore3: 

a lot of my fave unreleased tracks are the recording sessions that never really became anything (Joshy and I, Run Motorcycle, Ben, etc) so I feel like the fact that I love the JB interlude so much means it’s doomed to become like the others:sadcore6:

49 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Reveal hidden contents

the first one is giving candy necklace more imo

Spoiler

i get u!! i mean it's all subjective; the images and atmosphere evoked for us or that we choose to focus on/see in the music are so personal, but to me it's memories + monaco + going back to being a serene queen. i feel like what captures her resilience most (outwardly-facing, symbolically even) is her on a stage, bc of the fact that she's always just trying :pray: 

mUENGN9.png

14 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I’d title JS interlude “you’re not going to like this, but I’ve realised my preaching isn’t about you- my preaching is about me” or whatever he says

JB interlude “honey”, “heavy” or “im feeling heavy” 

Spoiler

omg!! "heavy" is so perfect and so BEATLES 

mUENGN9.png

Spoiler

candy necklace is giving GLAMOUR 

I can’t wait to hear it in hq it might become my favorite song off the record:trisha:

1 hour ago, Fingertips said:

A&W sounds so much better for me in context of the album :hair:

I haven't done a cartwheel since I was nine

I haven't seen my mother in a long, long time

:hair:

someone posted a video of a therapist reacting to a&w and she interpreted the cartwheel line as the loss of innocence, because when women are just girls, they don't care if their shirt or their dress lifts up when they're doing a cartwheel, but as they get older, they lose that carefreeness and innocence because of the sexualization that society inflicts. it actually made me appreciate that first line way more