Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

im actually excited to relisten to Blue Banisters after this comes out I find it kinda tedious listening to Lana's newest records not knowing what's coming next :trisha: but once there's an album after it I feel like it contextualizes it more within her discography and I can get a true feel for how I feel about it :true:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Spoiler

Ok I’ve been listening to Candy Necklace over and over and Jesus these lyrics are extremely UV and make me wonder what her relationship with Jack was/is like? Because the lyrics to me kind of seem to imply a drug binge and kind of spiraling because you’re with a man who is doing that? 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, taco truck said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ok I’ve been listening to Candy Necklace over and over and Jesus these lyrics are extremely UV and make me wonder what her relationship with Jack was/is like? Because the lyrics to me kind of seem to imply a drug binge and kind of spiraling because you’re with a man who is doing that? 

Spoiler

It is so funny because I remember people saying they know that Jack and Lana’s breakup would give us an amazing album and they weren’t wrong lmao 

2 minutes ago, margaret soty said:
  Hide contents

When Candy Necklace is the third part of the trilogy: Yayo, Heroin... and now Candy Necklace. :icant:

Spoiler

Im starting to wonder if the “crazy history” of candy necklace was that it was an outtake from A TON of albums… because I can’t even imagine 2022 Lana writing this tbh it feels so much creepier than the rest of the songs, and also way darker than the other “boyfriend” songs on the album

Just now, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

Im starting to wonder if the “crazy history” of candy necklace was that it was an outtake from A TON of albums… because I can’t even imagine 2022 Lana writing this tbh it feels so much creepier than the rest of the songs, and also way darker than the other “boyfriend” songs on the album

nope, there are 0 outtakes from her other albums on DYK

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

2 minutes ago, shadesofyayo said:

nope, there are 0 outtakes from her other albums on DYK

Spoiler

Ik BOZ said that it just is crazy to me that she would’ve written that recently cause the song is very creepy I’m actually gonna do an analysis because I think there are a lot of metaphors…

Spoiler

Who the fuck is barking on Fishtail :hide: 

When I first heard it I thought it was from another tab or something but it's actually in the song :thumb3:

Edit: also someone please tell where are you hearing Live Or Die in it cause it's one of my favorite unreleased songs but I can't seem to find the similar part (unless it's on a different song)

Edited by Venice Peach

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

Ik BOZ said that it just is crazy to me that she would’ve written that recently cause the song is very creepy I’m actually gonna do an analysis because I think there are a lot of metaphors…

Spoiler

wait how do we know its jack I haven't had time to stream and ascend yet

1 minute ago, passmemyvape said:
  Hide contents

wait how do we know its jack I haven't had time to stream and ascend yet

Spoiler

It was the last song put on the album so it was probably written during their relationship, also he is known to have drug abuse problems and be in the party scene

Wow finally on the 24th we can talk about this album without spoiler tags for the 5 users who haven’t heard it yet…and the 50 who are pretending they haven’t.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I still can’t figure out for the life of me why so many reviewers simply haven’t even mentioned Candy Necklace. This song is such a mystery. I only listened once because it’s LQ but 

Spoiler

It’s so incredible. I think it’s in my trilogy along with A&W and Grandfather. 

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

It was the last song put on the album so it was probably written during their relationship, also he is known to have drug abuse problems and be in the party scene

ugh I want all of Lanas tea im tired of analysis when is Nikki lane gonna be our next insider 

7 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Sittin' on the sofa, super suicidal
Hate to say the word, but, baby, hand on the bible

Really shocked me tbh…so UV 

This part of the song can be posted without spoilers because Lana posted it on Instagram. :sass:

Candy Necklace

Spoiler

takes the cake as the album’s darkest song. Fingertips and Kintsugi are heartbreaking but this one? Dark, alienating, heavy. I can almost picture her in some basement with this guy, red neon lights across the room, both doing ketamine and Lana realizing her obsession with this guy is letting him destroy her psyche while he’s almost passed out next to her. The fact that this is the song that plays after the Jimmy section of A&W (with an even creepier and disturbing interlude in between) makes this song so much more intriguing and alluring. Who would have thought Lana x Jon Batiste would be such a provocative combination. This feels like UV all over again.

IMG-7960.jpg