Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

I wonder if BoZ is trapped and gagged in the same basement where the listening session for UK critics took place. :um2:

It’s funny how after he went missing the album leaks….almost like he is trapped and gagged somewhere.  To his Kidnappers may I please request you give him a slap from me for slating Kintsugi.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

12 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Ok so I was on a sail boat today and I was listening to NFR! as you do while at sea and it occurred to me that there is a specific plays I play each record. What place do you think Ocean Blvd is??? I have no clue yet

Midnight, post-party, on an old 1970s stereo system in a house with wood paneling and floral wallpaper. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

3 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:
  Hide contents

Waiting for someone to make a Taco Truck (first half) extended version :makeup: get to work girlies 

apollo353 on youtube will come through soon, just watch

b2358771937a448cffde372325aa52ea.gif

it escapes from my hands into moonlight . . .

I just listened to the three singles because they are the only songs that I'm sure are in HQ and I have the feeling that A&W is the most carefully crafted song, production-wise, it has so many little details. I think the grants is the "simplest" of the three.

A&W is a BIG contender for SOTY next year, that song is insane.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

4 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I just listened to the three singles because they are the only songs that I'm sure are in HQ and I have the feeling that A&W is the most carefully crafted song, production-wise, it has so many little details. I think the grants is the "simplest" of the three.

I think The Grants is mixed really really well (as are all 3 singles). There's little bits and pieces that occupy opposite sides of the soundstage and really just kinda tickle my brain nicely during the chorus 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

3 minutes ago, Mer said:

I think The Grants is mixed really really well (as are all 3 singles). There's little bits and pieces that occupy opposite sides of the soundstage and really just kinda tickle my brain nicely during the chorus 

Yes, production-wise all three singles are mixed in a very good way, but A&W feels so delicately crafted, as if they have spent weeks analysing every detail, but overall all three singles are very well produced.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 hour ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Yes, production-wise all three singles are mixed in a very good way, but A&W feels so delicately crafted, as if they have spent weeks analysing every detail, but overall all three singles are very well produced.

Honestly, i wasn't a fan of The Grants at first. But I now like it as the third single. All three songs have the same theme (God, religion, gospel, faith) and Grandfather or whatever else wouldn't have made sense as a single since it wouldn't be representative of the album. This is gospel, the lana way, with multiple songs being about faith (the interludes, the Grants, ocean boulevard, etc). Just like btd was pop, ultra rock, honeymoon jazzy, lfl hip-hop-ish, nfr surf rock-ish and chemtrails folk-ish. (To this day, i have no idea what bb was supposed to be?)

I still think she should film a massive slutty venice beach-et video for taco truck tho and get some hot ass black actor (asap rocky, drool)  to play the bf

My updated song ranking (that might change with HQ)

Spoiler
  1. Taco Truck x VB
  2. Ocean Boulevard
  3. AW
  4. Paris, Texas
  5. Grandfather
  6. Let the Light In
  7. Margaret
  8. Sweet
  9. The Grants
  10. Peppers 
  11. Fishtail