Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

I love them all so much, but my favorite track right now is Let The Light In. I’m listening to it on edibles and it’s just so cute and lifting. I think her voice blends perfectly with Father John Misty’s and would love more collaborations in the future. I love her cover of Buddy’s Rendezvous.

I’m also glad FJM worked with David Lynch. And now I’m thinking how cool it would be if she could work with David Lynch. I love the album he produced and co-wrote for Christa Bell. And of course Julee Cruise’s first record. I think he and Lana would make a dark but exciting sound together. Similar to what Trent Reznor did for Halsey. 🤔

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

8 minutes ago, maysparkle said:
  Hide contents

I love them all so much, but my favorite track right now is Let The Light In. I’m listening to it on edibles and it’s just so cute and lifting. I think her voice blends perfectly with Father John Misty’s and would love more collaborations in the future. I love her cover of Buddy’s Rendezvous.

I’m also glad FJM worked with David Lynch. And now I’m thinking how cool it would be if she could work with David Lynch. I love the album he produced and co-wrote for Christa Bell. And of course Julee Cruise’s first record. I think he and Lana would make a dark but exciting sound together. Similar to what Trent Reznor did for Halsey. 🤔

david lynch x lana has been my dream collab since forever. 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, love deluxe said:

Maybe she will surprise us one day. I truly hope so, because Lynch is a whole vibe. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

19 minutes ago, maysparkle said:
  Hide contents

I agree with that. Lana and Lynch's collab would be fire. I'm surprised no one has put her in a movie yet. Her singing a song similar to that Rebeca Del Rio song in Mulholland Drive would be everything. She deserves a small role in a movie. But only with a big director like Lunch. 

I also think she should have been a siren in the new Little Mermaid movie, like one of the sisters or something, with a small song. Maybe she should have reworked that song that all of Ariel's sisters sing in the original. 

40 minutes ago, barttttender said:

My updated song ranking (that might change with HQ)

Hide contents
  1. Taco Truck x VB
  2. Ocean Boulevard
  3. AW
  4. Paris, Texas
  5. Grandfather
  6. Let the Light In
  7. Margaret
  8. Sweet
  9. The Grants
  10. Peppers 
  11. Fishtail
  12. Candy Necklace
  13. Kintsugi
  14. Judah Smith Interlude
  15. John Baptiste Interlude
  16. Fingertips

Spoiler

Not Fingertips being below the interludes and the very last :lange:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

can you believe we’re so close to the album? time really flew by. i’m so excited for thursday night (that’s when it’s likely set to drop here in Cali). but i need help coming up with a fun little release date party for one. should i get myself a bottle? 

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:
  Hide contents

Not Fingertips being below the interludes and the very last :lange:

Spoiler

Sorry, I know it has its fans. But the lazy voice note "automated singing" and the "plastic bag" lyrics low-key made me vomit. Her worst, most unbearable song since Coachella. Haaaate it.

10 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Yeah, The Times can suck my dick. What a horrible review.

Can you please copy paste it here? It's behind a paywall. And I'll happily suck your d myself

Spoiler

Isn't it strange how when you listen to the record in full, you know that it's crazy long, but it still flies by so fast?

Spoiler

judah smith interlude kinda caught me by surprise!! i actually love it. i love the eeriness it holds & the piano / music that’s accompanying the sermon while lana is simultaneously giggling throughout it. i think it’s placed perfect on the record too! i dunno, thought it was maybe just going to be a skip for me but i can’t seem to ever cut past it

1 hour ago, love deluxe said:

I would die. The two of them are my main inspirations in my own work, I would literally die.

Lynch is my daddy,

Lana is my mother,

Depression is my bestest friend

Sometimes I even fantasize that ‘Sad Girl’ and ‘Shades of Cool’ are about her being his mistress, haha.

New day, no CDrip 🤣 

About those rankings...

Spoiler

How can some of you put Paris over some beautiful original songs such as Grandfather, Candy, Kintsugi or Sweet?

Mine would be:

1. A&W

2. Grandfather

3. Candy Necklace

4. Did you Know 

5. Kintsugi

6. The Grants

7. Sweet

8. Let The Light In

9. Fingertips

10. Margaret

11. Fishtail

12. Taco Truck

13. Paris

14. Peppers

Can't properly rank the interludes until I hear them HQ.

1 hour ago, Future Jazz said:

honestly this pre-release has been so long… i swear to god if the release date is 3-4 months after preorder next time :awkney2:

As long as there aren’t other plants to produce vinyls, I don’t see how pre-release eras will change. It’s now pretty standard, for any artist, to have a 3 to 5 months between lead / preorder and release 

On 3/15/2023 at 12:38 AM, Fever said:

this comment if it were a person 

Nah I really do enjoy the intense contrast of opposite takes and they crack me up, it's not dat deep

4 hours ago, barttttender said:

Can you please copy paste it here? It's behind a paywall. And I'll happily suck your d myself

Reveal hidden contents

Isn't it strange how when you listen to the record in full, you know that it's crazy long, but it still flies by so fast?

https://archive.is/O0M2B Here you are :gasp:

Lol just saw The Times review…

didn’t think Arctic Monkeys were still that big in the UK :thumb3: No tea, no shade, I liked The Car, saw it debuted number 1 (I think?) on their release week, but that album isn’t very « chart friendly »… 

anyways, two more days until she destroys my soul :hair: