Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Does anyone know wtf happened to BoZ? Truly. What a shame that was. I was a skeptic of him then and even though ppl told me I was wrong.... where tf is the surprise? :crossed: Surely it wasn't the global listening event

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

Just now, jaesana said:

Does anyone know wtf happened to BoZ? Truly. What a shame that was. I was a skeptic then and even though ppl told me I was wrong.... where tf is the surprise? :crossed: Surely it wasn't the global listening event

He's a racist who said n-word multiple times.

42 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I've been feeling kinda unbothered this week about the album (i guess due to stress with other things going on) but today the excitement has really hit me, like oh my god it's coming in two days. In two days i'm gonna be listening to 16 brand new tracks im scared ya'll :oprah2:

Same, I am so excited :angie:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

9 minutes ago, barttttender said:

You mean in HQ?

nah

Spoiler

I just assumed we didnt have it since it wasnt in the leak that I have seen and many people here talked about not having it too. 

Just asked chatgpt to analyse the Grants. The response was pretty basic but still spot on. I will try to do the same with Fingertips or one of the more wordy poem-like songs. 

Spoiler

It looks like you've provided some lyrics from a song rather than a traditional poem. Nevertheless, I can provide an analysis of the lyrics as if they were a poem.

The first stanza is a series of questions and statements that express a sense of hope and uncertainty. The speaker wonders if there is a chance for their relationship and whether they should do something to try to make it work. They acknowledge that the other person is a family man, which suggests that there may be obstacles to their relationship. The stanza ends with the speaker trailing off mid-thought, which creates a sense of unease.

The second stanza shifts the focus to the idea of heaven and memory. The speaker asks if the other person thinks about heaven and whether they think about the speaker. The reference to the pastor suggests a religious context, and the idea that all you take with you when you die is your memory reinforces the fleeting nature of life. The repetition of "oh-oh" creates a sense of longing or yearning.

The final stanza introduces the idea of overcoming obstacles and doing the hard work for the sake of the family line. The imagery of mountains and rivers suggests that there are challenges to be faced, but the speaker is willing to do the work. The use of "us" and "our" reinforces the idea of working together for a shared goal.

Overall, the lyrics convey a sense of uncertainty, longing, and determination. The speaker is unsure about the relationship but is willing to work hard to make it work for the sake of their family line. The religious imagery and references to memory create a sense of the fleeting nature of life and the importance of cherishing the time we have with the people we love.

9 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

But these 'critics' aren't, in most cases, genuine music critics in the 20th century sense, and they're biased against her for a number of reasons. She still drives them mad with envy, despite having largely dropped the 'international high glam' look she adopted for a while. She's hugely wealthy, she owns multiple homes and sports cars, she's very talented in a number of ways, she has an actual career that has been successful on her own terms, she often speaks her mind, she's a Christian of some kind, and she has the adoration of enshrined American artists like Baez and Springsteen.

Living in NYC, I encounter angry, frustrated people like this all the time, who spend more time attempting to halt the progress and success of others rather than concentrating on their own chances and opportunities. Such people are found everywhere, but especially in large American cities that are hubs for various entertainment industries. 

I don’t know if it’s driving bias as much as they want to continue this weird narrative- it’s got nothing to do with their job to review the music- are we reviewing the album or Lanas ascent to stardom?

Just now, fine china said:

That new Candy Necklace snippet she posted is playing non stop in my head

girl last night it WOULD NOT leave my head. i had an earworm of it for like 2 hours

42 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Ugh, why do all reviewers need to start their review with lines like this one:

"Ever since she emerged as America’s dark sweetheart over a decade ago, Lana Del Rey has been dogged by accusations that she’s a phoney."

I mean, a decade and nearly 10 albums after Video Games and those "phoney" accusations, you'd think they'd put it behind already.

Also, the review is sooo porely written, it's embarrassing. 

"Peppers with its electronic hip hop beat and a strange chorus"

He's paid to write reviews but that that's the best he can say? How is that a "strange" chorus? Compared to "Fuck me to death?" which isn't? Ugh. Whoever said we shouldn't give a damn about reviews is right. I'll hold off on Pitchfork and Fantano, the rest are all shit.

You know, Marianne Faithfull has been active as an artist since 1965, and reviews of her new albums often still start out like this: "As the big-breasted phantom mare of the 1960s pop world, who was busted with The Rolling Stones at Redlands and shortly after became a homeless heroin addictive...." STILL. 58 years later.

Sadly, as long as the BTD era is the most high profile, public, and 'recognizable' of her career, that's what critics are going to run with every time, because they're hacks. They start at what they see is the beginning and then gloss over everything else as if it never happened--because they know nothing about it. 

4 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I'm so excited for the besties who haven't listened yet :trisha:

This is the first time that I managed to avoid leaks, snippets etc. :lange: 

I still don’t know what to expect from this record, but I’m so excited! 

Just now, Jeanne Dielman said:

This is the first time that I managed to avoid leaks, snippets etc. :lange: I still don’t know what to expect from this record, but I’m so excited! 

You're gonna love it!! :angie: Can't wait to hear your thoughts

3 hours ago, MrFameKills said:

Tracklist if Lana sat with it for two more days

Hide contents

Did You Know That There's A Tunnel Under Ocean Boulevard Peal Watch Me On Ring A Bell Psycho Lifeguard (I Just Wish I Had A Friend Like Him)

1. When You Leave All You Take is Your Memories - And I'm Gonna Take Mine of You With Me (Mind of You with Me)

2. Did You Know That There's A Tunnel Under Ocean Boulevard Peal Watch Me On Ring A Bell Psycho Lifeguard (I Just Wish I Had A Friend Like Him)

3. You'll Find Me Where No One Else Will Be - In The Sweet North Country (Sweet & Barefeet)

4. Did You A Singer Could Still Be Looking Like A Sidepiece at Thirty Three? & JIMMY JIMMY

5. Help me, God, i wanna be a man of love, a man of lust, but you gotta do that!

6. I'm Obssed With This, All His Candy Necklaces (The Young & Restless)

7. Honey, oh, honey, give me my soul, oh! (Early in the mornin' hey)

8. By The 3rd of March I Was Cracked Open (There's a Name for it in Japanese - it's Kintsugi)

9. They say there's irony in the music, it's a tragedy...i...see nothing Greek in it (Mausoleum)

10. When you know, you know, it's time to go. When you're home, you're home, when you're alone.

11. Grandfather

12. Screw it, maybe you should go record some other songs (Let the light it, i'm at your backdoor yelling cuz i wanna come in)

13. Baby when your love is in trouble (It kinda makes me laugh, running down that path when you're good as gold)

14. You Wanted Me Sadder - Fishtail, What's The Matter? (Skinny Dip In Your Mind)

15. Fuck it, gonna give a show, i open up the blinds (Hands On Your Knees)

16. Even Though It Seems I've Gotten Better - I Can Be Violent Too (Jealous of your love)

Screaming 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

This is the first time that I managed to avoid leaks, snippets etc. :lange: 

I still don’t know what to expect from this record, but I’m so excited! 

Me too! I've listened to every leak since LFL era (do not come for me.) and this is the first time i've forced myself to be patient

8 minutes ago, jaesana said:

girl last night it WOULD NOT leave my head. i had an earworm of it for like 2 hours

I just burst into it whenever. I can be so focused on something and suddenly “sitting on the sofa…”

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

Spoiler

Margaret really is that bitch, could've been as track on its so lush and warm and dreamy and funny and makes me feel so safe and ugh

MARGARET

Taco Truck x VB 

Spoiler

THE WEST COAST LIKE BEAT SWITCH... THE MELODY / FLOW... THE VENICE BITCH TRANSITION AND UGH I LOVE IT

6 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

You know, Marianne Faithfull has been active as an artist since 1965, and reviews of her new albums often still start out like this: "As the big-breasted phantom mare of the 1960s pop world, who was busted with The Rolling Stones at Redlands and shortly after became a homeless heroin addictive...." STILL. 58 years later.

Sadly, as long as the BTD era is the most high profile, public, and 'recognizable' of her career, that's what critics are going to run with every time, because they're hacks. They start at what they see is the beginning and then gloss over everything else as if it never happened--because they know nothing about it. 

Speaking of Marianne- which album would you recommend? Slightly off topic but I believe she influenced Lana a little