Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

7 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I don’t know if it’s driving bias as much as they want to continue this weird narrative- it’s got nothing to do with their job to review the music- are we reviewing the album or Lanas ascent to stardom?

That's a good point. To them, they're on and the same. They hate Lana, period, and her success, period. Do you think they even bother to really listen to the music with an interested ear? Doubtful. She's just another artist they have to review and one that, in their circle, comes pre-packaged with hatred and a big red stamp saying "MUST BE TREATED DISMISSIVELY AS THE CLOSET CONSERVATIVE, RACIST, AND ACTIVE CHRISTIAN THAT SHE IS."

Look at how the charges of racism have swirled around her; and like all such charges, no fact, no reality, no act or acts of Lana's could or can do anything to change them in her enemies' minds. They want to believe she's a racist, it makes everything else so much more convenient; no further argument is needed. 

2 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Speaking of Marianne- which album would you recommend? Slightly off topic but I believe she influenced Lana a little 

I'll write you. 

6 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

just cried to jon batiste interlude :bebe:

It gave me goosebumps the first couple times. Love it.

10 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I'm so excited for the besties who haven't listened yet :trisha:

That may end up being the best part about the listening party, seeing everyone's faces, knowing the moments that are going to make their mouths drop.

Spoiler

The Judah Smith interlude/sermon actually connects so well with all of Lana’s music it’s insane. I’m not one to listen to it on its own but in the context of the album it’s amazing. I might prefer it more to the Jon Batiste interlude :pout:

sgopYhV.gif

5 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I wonder if we will get a video tomorrow or Friday??? I really hope we do but I doubt it

Honestly, I doubt it. Maybe a home made video for The Grants. Otherwise, she would have teased it.

I think they wait to see how the sales are doing and what song is the most popular one and then interscope will cash out. Kinda like Doin' Time.

i can't believe we might have a solid album without videos, wheras we got three different videos for her worst album (Blue Banisters) that no one even saw.

still adoring The Grants as the albums opener, the final line being "It's a beautiful life, remember that too for me", it really sticks with you & that's good because it's the perfect sentiment to hold in your heart & mind as you work your way through the heavier, darker section of the album.. A&W-Interlude-Candy Necklace-Interlude-Kintsugi-Fingertips specifically.

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, SuperMegaStan said:

did you know that there's an instagram account named OceanBlvd?

I love the theory that Lana is going to make Honeymoon her public account and OceanBlvd her private, it gives me hope.

14 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I wonder if we will get a video tomorrow or Friday??? I really hope we do but I doubt it

I'm surprised we haven't gotten a video yet. I'm sure ones coming though 

𝔅𝔬𝔯𝔫 𝔗𝔬 𝔇𝔦𝔢 𝔵 𝔘𝔩𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔳𝔦𝔬𝔩𝔢𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔵 ℌ𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔶𝔪𝔬𝔬𝔫

ob6gU4v.jpgGakhqti.jpg9AB9q4W.jpg

I’m assuming a good amount of people are going to the listening parties today, so just to clarify, even if you went to the listening party…

You must still use spoilers when describing the songs.

The album still hasn’t been officially released, so I hope I won’t be having to edit multiple posts today :oprah3:

Bought this shirt off of etsy and it shipped today!! I was hoping to have it by friday but I'm excited :hype:

Spoiler

Vintage Lana Del Rey Shirt Lana Del Rey Shirt Lana Del Rey image 1

𝔅𝔬𝔯𝔫 𝔗𝔬 𝔇𝔦𝔢 𝔵 𝔘𝔩𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔳𝔦𝔬𝔩𝔢𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔵 ℌ𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔶𝔪𝔬𝔬𝔫

ob6gU4v.jpgGakhqti.jpg9AB9q4W.jpg

8 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I'm usually not very fond of collabs on Lana's albums but this time I'm so happy about all of them (yes even Jack :hide:)

Spoiler

Maybe the biggest shock of the album for me was how much i loved all of those. I thought Jack's would annoy the hell out of me, but I wouldn't change anything about Margaret. It took a minute for some reason, but Paris, TX has slayed me. The interludes gave me goosebumps. Tommy Genesis served. Let The Light In is perfection.