Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Listened to Candy Necklace yesterday, I'm trying to stop myself listening to the whole album so I can enjoy it more on Friday, but based on how much I love what I've heard so far, I'm hyped for the full album

59 minutes ago, Crys10 said:
  Hide contents

I caved in and listened to only Taco Truck and it really fucking is THAT bitch!!! I’ve been waiting for a song like that since VB and I’m so freaking happy with this song. It really is one of the best songs :trisha::hair::heidi: wig snatching genitals bursting body thrusting song :kum:

THANK YOU!  I missed the fun lana singing shit to beats. 

Spoiler

LAKE PLACCIDDDDDDDDDD :trisha::trisha::trisha:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

The listening parties look really cringey:crying5: I already made plans with my friend to go but oh well maybe we will just grab the merch and dip

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, taco truck said:

The listening parties look really cringey:crying5: I already made plans with my friend to go but oh well maybe we will just grab the merch and dip

I was thinking that :headache: and a lot of these people probably haven’t even listened to the leaks so why would you want your first listen to be with a bunch of strangers in a crowded store?

1 hour ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Does it sound good? Cus...

Hide contents

It sounded weird on the leak, like when you use cheap speakers to play music 

it sounded absolutely amazing!! what i will say about this record (granted i was at a listening party so i heard it on record store speakers) is the quality of vocals are really great, you can hear everything. the whole album feels really mastered! and that song in particular was GORGEOUS

Wq9zHLl.jpg

30 minutes ago, barttttender said:

So, the Rolling Stone just published an article listing out 50 Best Lana Del Rey songs:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/best-lana-del-rey-songs-1234696106/

Here's what songs from OB made it:

Did you know that there's a tunnel #41

A&W #32

But honestly, it's a pretty rando list so I wouldn't think much about it. For example, they have Freak at 23. :pft:

Right freak deserves top 20

That clip of the listening party really took the “party” out of “listening party” what was that henny? 💀 I got secondhand anxiety lol

It’s good to hear though that it sound properly mastered and far better quality than the leaks!

peppers…. wow. still thinking about it even after i’ve left the listening party. SO FUN. and the sheer surprise of how heavy the venice bitch sample was?? i expected a little nod and wink, noooo she went all in!!! absolutely incredible. a spiritual experience.

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Thank god I didn’t go….standing around with a bunch of ‘I love Lana Del Ray my favourite songs are Royals and Summertime Sadness remix’.* Cringy reddit vibes *

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

These reviews have my excitement level through the roof.  Some statements that are doing it for me:

"she transports the listener into a nightmare-daydream...with this album, she’s doing something more akin to what great photographers do, which is capturing, sharing, and allowing us to decide for ourselves...another sonically cohesive record, the thread that ties this package together is the exploration of American melancholia."

"the album is a Russian doll, and the first track is only the first layer. For the first 20 minutes, we’re indulged with a string of poignant orchestral tracks...then along comes ‘Judah Smith Interlude’, and everything changes. Suddenly we’re being sucker-punched by ‘Candy Necklace...diverse, nuanced and interrogative, it reminds us that mainstream pop doesn’t have to be apathetic and easily digestible. It can also be conceptual, exploratory and multifaceted."