Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

help

Spoiler

so ive found an alleged 43 second snippet from “let the light in” but, ive heard the actual song at the streaming event, and the snippet is completely different or isnt like anything on the album, if anyone else has seen it or knows where its from please lmk 

1 minute ago, lanadaalrey said:

help

Hide contents

so ive found an alleged 43 second snippet from “let the light in” but, ive heard the actual song at the streaming event, and the snippet is completely different or isnt like anything on the album, if anyone else has seen it or knows where its from please lmk 

:oopna2: are we really gonna have to go over this again

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

29 minutes ago, taco truck said:

i mean honestly fuck that guy there should be some controversy because people shouldn't support him:headache: i understand why celebrities go to these churches but judah smith is disgusting and i don't think lana should be free from criticism for outwardly supporting a homophobic, transphobic, pro-life, rapist pastor lmao

the interlude is already deeply unsettling. would love to hear more (from lana) about it

12 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

i don't follow organized religion and am an atheist so i am very sympathetic to this viewpoint and understand where you're coming from but...

unfortunately you'd be hard-pressed to find a pastor ANYWHERE that wouldn't fall under our (as in, the internet, specifically in spheres such as these) definitions for homophobic and transphobic.. and he's a pastor obviously he's going to be pro-life  🤷‍♂️  it's literally just the bible and i don't think critiquing lana for a religion/a man's practices is fair at all.. yes lana believes in the religion and so she's going to follow/support her pastor who will also happen to be those things you've listed (besides rapist, that came from misinformation, the allegations were about another pastor in his church) because that's just what pastors are.. but calling that a reflection on lana comes off as purposefully obtuse and is a disingenuous critique of her as an artist/person who has done/said so many things that make it obvious, especially to a real fan, what she believes and what her intentions are 

also it's inflammatory to call him a rapist when there aren't even allegations made against him  

:deadbanana:  (that i know of - please do correct me if i'm wrong)

it's one thing to go to the church and it's another to put him on your album (which will support him monetarily) and thank him in the album dedications, do you see what i mean? i love lana, obviously i know she isn't the things he is, but it is hurtful to see her promoting and actively supporting him. 

(also i'm not sure about the sexual assalt allegations, if those aren't true then disregard that, however he is still a shitty person)

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

When the official album sounds different from the leaks then what?:willcut:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 hours ago, taco truck said:

Please when we will we get a 9+ review:paris:

Aren’t all or most reviews released so far on the X/5 scale? Which makes it hard to get a score of anything 8+. 

16 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

i don't follow organized religion and am an atheist so i am very sympathetic to this viewpoint and understand where you're coming from but...

unfortunately you'd be hard-pressed to find a pastor ANYWHERE that wouldn't fall under our (as in, the internet, specifically in spheres such as these) definitions for homophobic and transphobic.. and he's a pastor obviously he's going to be pro-life  🤷‍♂️  it's literally just the bible and i don't think critiquing lana for a religion/a man's practices is fair at all.. yes lana believes in the religion and so she's going to follow/support her pastor who will also happen to be those things you've listed (besides rapist, that came from misinformation, the allegations were about another pastor in his church) because that's just what pastors are.. but calling that a reflection on lana comes off as purposefully obtuse and is a disingenuous critique of her as an artist/person who has done/said so many things that make it obvious, especially to a real fan, what she believes and what her intentions are 

also it's inflammatory to call him a rapist when there aren't even allegations made against him  

:deadbanana:  (that i know of - please do correct me if i'm wrong)

oh jesus (lol) EYE am in the wrong here. how do i delete my post lol. my dumb ass.

1 minute ago, LanaBalkana said:

Aren’t all or most reviews released so far on the X/5 scale? Which makes it hard to get a score of anything 8+. 

4 1/2 stars would be a 9

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, lanadaalrey said:

Hide contents

WDYM WHAT IS IT?? 

It probably is the live recording of Lana singing "let the light in" before Cruel World 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

4 1/2 stars would be a 9

But isn’t it dependant on each individual outlet whether they have 0.5 scores at all or not? I’m just trying to be hopeful y’all!!

being either a Christian or a pastor isn’t an excuse to support bigotry and (let’s be honest) down right objectivity stupidity. Lana is totally not spared from criticism. This man being on her album is an open endorsement of his Republican views and I can’t support that. Somebody who is anti-abortion shouldn’t be uplifted by someone who allegedly cares about social causes (Lana). She can easily find a church that is non-denominational and/or progressive. There are plenty. The church on my corner has both BLM and pride flags flying and donates to Planned Parenthood. Stop making excuses for her. 

Looking forward to that mess of an interlude being the least streamed track on the album. It’s so uncomfortable  :deadbanana:

Just now, LanaBalkana said:

But isn’t it dependant on each individual outlet whether they have 0.5 scores at all or not? I’m just trying to be hopeful y’all!!

Yes. The Guardian, Rolling Stone and MOJO don't give 0.5 scores for example. 

1 minute ago, LanaBalkana said:

There is 4 1/2 star for that. Dont worry luv, because if its on metacritic, it will be converted into X on the scale out of 100

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

3 minutes ago, lanadaalrey said:

Reveal hidden contents

WDYM WHAT IS IT?? im genuinely curious 

Spoiler

If it's Lana singing "let the light in, it's a cruel world" then it's from her live show, if it's something else it's fake.