Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, Jeanne Dielman said:

Yes. The Guardian, Rolling Stone and MOJO don't give 0.5 scores for example. 

based on the scale out of ten only.

4 1/2 star still means 9/10 for example.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

27 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

i don't follow organized religion and am an atheist so i am very sympathetic to this viewpoint and understand where you're coming from but...

unfortunately you'd be hard-pressed to find a pastor ANYWHERE that wouldn't fall under our (as in, the internet, specifically in spheres such as these) definitions for homophobic and transphobic.. and he's a pastor obviously he's going to be pro-life  🤷‍♂️  it's literally just the bible and i don't think critiquing lana for a religion/a man's practices is fair at all.. yes lana believes in the religion and so she's going to follow/support her pastor who will also happen to be those things you've listed (besides rapist, that came from misinformation, the allegations were about another pastor in his church) because that's just what pastors are.. but calling that a reflection on lana comes off as purposefully obtuse and is a disingenuous critique of her as an artist/person who has done/said so many things that make it obvious, especially to a real fan, what she believes and what her intentions are 

also it's inflammatory to call him a rapist when there aren't even allegations made against him  

:deadbanana:  (that i know of - please do correct me if i'm wrong)

also i just read what the actual allegations are and it's still really bad :toofunny: he hired a man accused of rape to be a speaker at churchome even when the victim basically begged them not to hire him. his wife chelsea spoke to the victim and repeatedly called the alleged rape a "mistake" and urged the victim to forgive him...  

https://julieroys.com/judah-smith-hires-man-accused-rape/

Edited by taco truck
added link to the article

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Spoiler

I love Chuck/Trisha’s spoken lines in Taco Truck. It reminds me Jack’s closing lines in HIADT (which still creeps me out lol in a good way). 

anyway (ahhh ahhhh), I had this dream where, um haha, I don’t know 

sgopYhV.gif

3 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

based on the scale out of ten only.

4 1/2 star still means 9/10 for example.

Yes, but several publications don't give half stars at all. The Guardian, Rolling Stone, MOJO and others would give you either a 4-star rating or a 5-star rating. 4.5 stars aren't allowed.

On the other hand, Consequence has a completely different rating system: 0 - 12 - 25 - 38 - 50 - 67 - 75 - 83 - 91 - 100.

Just now, Crimson and Clover said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I love Chuck/Trisha’s line in Taco Truck. It reminds me Jack’s closing lines in HIADT (which still creeps me out lol in a good way). 

Trisha :lmao:

5 minutes ago, passmemyvape said:

is anyone going to the amoeba listening party in LA i wanna meet rosemead 

i was going to but it's cloudy and gloomy and there's rly no point bc idc about posters 

but imagine the collapse if i showed up flash drive in hand to give the LA girlies a "deluxe" track.. it would be such a serve.. unfortunately it would come with the possibility of me serving time along with looks  :thumb3:

ZFLuPlo_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

3 hours ago, moonchaser said:
  Hide contents

Sorry but i could never listen to a new Lana album like this:ohmy: hope they’re all having fun and enjoying the music tho:wub:

This literally looks like a cult waiting for alien jesus to arrive in their bunker

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

8 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:
  Hide contents

I love Chuck/Trisha’s spoken lines in Taco Truck. It reminds me Jack’s closing lines in HIADT (which still creeps me out lol in a good way). 

Spoiler

Jack has closing lines in hope? Or

2 minutes ago, bluebanist said:
  Hide contents

Jack has closing lines in hope? Or

Spoiler

only on vinyl i think? it's technically the last few groves, and i think it's super quiet. 

edit: why are we putting NFR! info in spoilers RIP this pre-release thread has wrecked us. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

I want Lana to get a high Metacritic score on Ocean Blvd for obvious reasons, but I will say that, as a fan, Lana’s history of ratings on there is the biggest example that the reviews mean just about nothing. Like how is Blue Banisters her third highest rated album? And Ultraviolence is her third lowest? And so much of her earlier work was just dismissed for reasons completely unrelated to the music. At the end of the day, those reviews tell me nothing about how much I’ll enjoy one of her albums compared to another.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

even though i don't support lana's decision to put judah smith on the album...

Spoiler

i actually really enjoy the interlude, it's creepy and eerie, and what he's saying really reflects the thoughts and ideas on the album if you think about what he's saying in a metophorical way, not literally talking abut god and all that

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, Mer said:

Hide contents

only on vinyl i think? it's technically the last few groves, and i think it's super quiet. 

Spoiler

It’s on the CD too. Just not digital.

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

even though i don't support lana's decision to put judah smith on the album...

Hide contents

i actually really enjoy the interlude, it's creepy and eerie, and what he's saying really reflects the thoughts and ideas on the album if you think about what he's saying in a metophorical way, not literally talking abut god and all that

I so so so agree and even though we could have gone without it 

Spoiler

I do appreciate the spot she ended the interlude at, with his last line being about how he preaches about himself. Atleast it’s not just a random sermon and it kinda gives us something to think about. :flutter: