Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

They played the vinyls for the listening party, meaning there are still chances the Candy Necklace GlitchPop Mix for streaming services is a thing :ma: 

Spoiler

JK, but I guess we'll see tomorrow morning :oprah3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

15 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:
  Hide contents

I love Chuck/Trisha’s spoken lines in Taco Truck. It reminds me Jack’s closing lines in HIADT (which still creeps me out lol in a good way). 

anyway (ahhh ahhhh), I had this dream where, um haha, I don’t know 

Spoiler

Literally same. As soon as those ah’s come in I just get a fuzzy tickling feeling. VB will always hold a special place in my heart 💚

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

even though i don't support lana's decision to put judah smith on the album...

Hide contents

i actually really enjoy the interlude, it's creepy and eerie, and what he's saying really reflects the thoughts and ideas on the album if you think about what he's saying in a metophorical way, not literally talking abut god and all that

Spoiler

THIS. it’s a very beautiful, sorta creepy, and fitting sermon for the album. i think it’s definitely a good mood setter for the next two also-creepy tracks of the album, as well. i’ve come to learn to separate the art from the artist with stuff like this; of course i don’t like the pastor, but it’s undoubtedly a gorgeous sounding track. and it really makes me think, too… what was lana trying to say with this? what did the sermon actually mean to lana, and why was it important enough for her to put it in her album?

Guys tomorrow I am leaving for Paris (not Texas) so I am not sure if I will be able to check the thread. So I just want to wish you all happy listening on Friday and thank you for the wild ride, it was the best pre-release thread for me :kiss2:

This whole Judah Smith could go really wrong and sour for her and that could only make her become even more defensive. I hope that doesn’t overshadow the whole thing - even though I agree with the users that said Lana shouldn’t have featured a person like Judah Smith on her album.

Oh and the “art should be uncomfortable” brigade can miss me with that. Not here for that convo anymore.

IMG-7960.jpg

4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Interesting and, of course, debatable 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/best-lana-del-rey-songs-1234696106/music-to-watch-boys-to-1234696245/

Serial Killer is on there, as well as A&W and Tunnel’s title track. 
probably deserves its own thread though

the way they added a link to listen to a song that it's out there illegaly instead of linking a live performance is kinda sending me lmao :blush3:

Just now, Sportscruiser said:

This whole Judah Smith could go really wrong and sour for her and that could only make her become even more defensive. I hope that doesn’t overshadow the whole thing - even though I agree with the users that said Lana shouldn’t have featured a person like Judah Smith on her album.

Oh and the “art should be uncomfortable” brigade can miss me with that. Not here for that convo anymore.

that argument just doesn't make sense for things like this either? 

including a rapist-apologist, pro-life, homophobic pastor on your album doesn't make your art anymore "challenging" when it is just straight up including him because you go to his church and like him :toofunny: it's poor taste... also people are forgetting putting him on the album is literally going to give him royalties so she isn't just supporting him with words she's giving him money 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

This whole Judah Smith thing is recent?

article about the sa thing is from jan 15 2023

edit: seems like the events occurred in 2022

7 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Guys tomorrow I am leaving for Paris (not Texas) so I am not sure if I will be able to check the thread. So I just want to wish you all happy listening on Friday and thank you for the wild ride, it was the best pre-release thread for me :kiss2:

ahhh have a safe and amazing trip, I hope you love the album!! :kiss2:

2 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

Oh, I'm just asking because that hasn't been discussed here before. :toofunny:

someone brought up the fact that he had sexual assault allegations, and then fl0r1dakil0s stated it wasn't him but another member, but the issue is judah smith is the head of churchhome with his wife and they actively rehired him and pressured the victim into forgiving the rapist, and downplaying it as a mistake and saying he has changed... super gross :/

Spoiler

I’m still so confused about FarOut calling Candy Necklace “infectious, road ready glitch pop” lmao like I need to know what happened there. It’s not like they got it confused with a different track, because they mention it being sandwiched in between the interludes. Wtf did they listen to? I’m not convinced it was the early version that got scrapped.

1 minute ago, imaginist said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I’m still so confused about FarOut calling Candy Necklace “infectious, road ready glitch pop” lmao like I need to know what happened there. It’s not like they got it confused with a different track, because they mention it being sandwiched in between the interludes. Wtf did they listen to? I’m not convinced it was the early version that got scrapped.

maybe they didn't hear anything. :bebe: