Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:

i literally like the interlude too, i just don't love that it's that man who is speaking:trisha:

My personal feelings about either Judah Smith or Peppers really shouldn't matter to anyone because...I'm not all that important lol.

Spoiler

I will say I think the interludes make sense in the context of the album and its themes. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

Just now, evalionisameme said:

They were going mental over her mask- do you know how unhinged twitter is?

love that we are having predictions over what is going to be the thing on the album that gets her the most cancelled :thumb3:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

Twitter is very unhinged, but also filled with wack stans under 18. Nothing they say is relevant in my opinion, their brains are still developing 😂

2 minutes ago, love deluxe said:

anyways for those of us who haven’t heard the leaks, what’s your most anticipated tracks?

personally, mine are candy necklace, taco truck, and peppers :)

Let the Light In!

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

2 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

that was 3 years ago. plus, i think some (not ALL) of the heat she received was deserved. couldn’t really care less about QFTC or the COCC album cover but the mask thing really was in poor taste, in my honest opinion. but, like i said, that was 3 years ago and no one really remembers that or seems to care. she bounced back from those scandals pretty quickly and she’s bigger than she’s ever been at this point, so i don’t think we really need to worry about anything in this album “canceling” her. 

giphy.gif

Just now, taco truck said:

love that we are having predictions over what is going to be the thing on the album that gets her the most cancelled :thumb3:

Sometimes it feels like she stirs the pot on purpose because no way her label, managers or pr team give her green light to do anything she wants without filtering. :facepalm:

Just now, love deluxe said:

that was 3 years ago. plus, i think some (not ALL) of the heat she received was deserved. couldn’t really care less about QFTC or the COCC album cover but the mask thing really was in poor taste, in my honest opinion. but, like i said, that was 3 years ago and no one really remembers that or seems to care. she bounced back from those scandals pretty quickly and she’s bigger than she’s ever been at this point, so i don’t think we really need to worry about anything in this album “canceling” her. 

people def remember i see memes all the time but it's kind of been flipped into something iconic:thumb3:

Just now, taco truck said:

people def remember i see memes all the time but it's kind of been flipped into something iconic:thumb3:

that’s true lmao. let’s hope we don’t become ostracized from the stan community once again! :bebe:

giphy.gif

Y'all manage too sugarcoat every single stupid thing she does and turn it into a "media is treating her bad for no reason" narrative. May it be reckless driving videos, the mesh mask or Judah Smith

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

15 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Nah she was fucked up for that lol at least from a healthcare worker in 2020 perspective, it was very tone deaf imo. Either way, the

Spoiler

COVID line in Peppers is nothing compared to that.

I really think most of the stuff she’s doing these days really don’t amount to what got her in some heat in 2020. If those things couldn't cancel her I don’t think anything will lol 

sgopYhV.gif

Can we stay positive tho? Our beloved Lana Del Rey is coming in 24h (for me) :krylie:can't believe we will be blessed with such a powerful album.

I still remember the way she announced the announcement on HolaTV, such a iconic moment. Time passed so quickly :oprah2:

I'm gonna light my candles tommorow this time and lay in comfy bed with headphones on :crying4: even tho I heard some leaks the release day is very special to my heart.

so even though i just lost my job a couple days ago i will NOT be canceling my vinyl orders and will in fact be going to target on friday to purchase a 4th copy because i’m impatient for my other 3 to ship :hottie:

also, for those who have heard the leaks, what alcoholic beverage is this album to you? i need inspiration so i can have a little bevvy during my listening party at home tomorrow night.:lolliney:

also,,,, what kinda snacks should i get? :mj:

giphy.gif

53 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

This is a LONG one, but fuck it, for whoever should care for it:

Hide contents

The sermon itself is arguably controversial from a Christian standpoint, which Judah Smith addresses openly, he says “you may not like this”.

He’s talking about the creative aspect of the Christian God, wondering at how the same God who made the infinitely complex Unvierse in all its beauty could be concerned with a creation as dysfunctional as human beings. A God who specifically spoke the world into existence - “and God said ‘“let there be light’” - and we, “made in His image,” create in turn, especially in speech. Spoken/lexical and image-based Language as a whole is arguably a distinct if not indicative characteristic of being human. It’s even reflected in some post-modern thought in terms of social constructs, in that we confer power through speech and image and behave accordingly.

Anyway, Smith speaks from this point of view that, as a preacher, his art is the art of rhetoric, of talking, of spreading the Good News of Christ (Evangelism). Typically, power and significance are historically given to patriarchal figures and structures in the form of preachers at the helm of their respective churches, the idea being the preacher is the authority (specifically a moral authority) of God among people, a community pillar of sorts. Smith seems to invert this, saying that in fact (and in quite a solipsistic way: the idea that one is trapped in one’s own experience and can never really fully “reach” another’s), he is not an authority to anyone but himself. That his preacherhood is in fact this public self-dialogue. Self-talk. This taps into the idea that healthy self-love is what gives way to healthily loving others, which of course is arguably the so-called Golden Rule of most major religions. It also illustrates the paradoxical dynamic of the archetypal (she loves Jung) role of the Fool - those vulgar or crazy enough to openly demonstrate their self-talk as manifest in the public humiliation of performance. This is conceivably controversial to a lot of 20th century Christian philosophy because it arguably centres the narcissistic potential of self-love, a heresy of placing the individual over the collective that is the Church, but such interpretations wouldn’t be reading between the lines.

Lana obviously relates with this, because whilst she reaches people with her work, her art, her God-given creative role, she is ultimately in communion with herself through these artistic endeavours. We’re just along for the ride, just as she is just another witness to Smith’s own self-talk. We are all witnessing each other talk to ourselves not simply in how we speak, but how we act and do. This sense of self-responsibility characterises the healing, the work, the “hard stuff” she is working through via her art.

god bless you if you made it through that lol

i think that’s an absolutely beautiful way of putting it, and i agree. amazing analysis 

1 minute ago, bluedealer said:

Can we stay positive tho? Our beloved Lana Del Rey is coming in 24h (for me) :krylie:can't believe we will be blessed with such a powerful album.

I still remember the way she announced the announcement at HolaTV, such a iconic moment. Time passed so quickly :oprah2:

I'm gonna light my candles tommorow this time and lay in comfy bed with headphones on :crying4: even tho I heard some leaks the release day is very special to my heart.

Don’t worry girl I’m excited and trust I will be streaming tf out of this album

honestly i don’t think it’s that big of a deal about the judah smith thing tbh. if she gets hate for it, whatever- she “supported” a problematic preacher by using his sermon and giving him some popularity. but really idc much about it bc i treat the song as lana’s, not judah’s song. she’s using his sermon to get HER point across, and that’s all that matters to me. in what way does this song have any relation to the problematic, unforgivable shit he’s done? it has nothing to do with it, so idc. “cancel” lana for it for the millionth or give her backlash, but ain’t nothing gonna happen. 

sorry for my little rant and idk if it made any sense or i sound stupid, but…..