Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

oh they fucked up the mastering of fingertips... there are audio cracklings happening (for example at 3:34) it's really noticeable on spotify, less noticeable on youtube but definitely not present in the leak we got :skull: this probably happened because of her last minute decision to censor "mother" and no one did quality control after mastering the final mix... 

2 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

wdym that’s on me i just think it looks nicer without the “(feat.)” 😭😭

I thought you meant like in a I listened to the leaks w/o the (feat.) & now my last.fm has the wrong info way.

My bad :hide:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

On 3/21/2023 at 10:33 PM, Mer said:

Still don't understand the use of punctuation here (and on the hoodie). Is "Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd" the actual title and the "did you know...that there's" just non-title text? Bc this is what that implies...

from a design and marketing perspective it's just due to the title being too long and wordy. when it comes to merch, advertisements, posters, etc they've consistently used this version of the logo, since the hierarchy places all the emphasis on the 'tunnel under ocean blvd' as the most recognisable and catchy part of the title (which it is). it's just brand recognition basically

if they used the full title in the same way, your line of sight goes immediately to the 'did you know...?' instead, and usually at that point you will have lost people's attention since it seems too educational and boring for people to be interested, and basically renders all the advertising moot since nobody cares lmao 

8 hours ago, Elle said:

Well everyone, we’re in the final stretch.. just a little over 24 hours now until the album is released and we say goodbye to this monstrosity of a Pre-Release Thread and move on to the Post-Release! I couldn’t be more ecstatic that the day is finally arriving. I had my first listen of the record today at the listening event, and I’m so excited for my second listen. Off to sleep now - my last sleep before release time! :hype:

Sending all my Lipsters lots of love upon this final midnight! x

Not me saying this and then not being able to fall asleep before having to work a ~12 hour day on set that I have to start getting ready for now :toofunny: Love that for me. Oh well, at least I have the excitement of getting to listen to the album at midnight to carry me through the day x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

6 minutes ago, 111 said:
  Hide contents

oh they fucked up the mastering of fingertips... there are audio cracklings happening (for example at 3:34) it's really noticeable on spotify, less noticeable on youtube but definitely not present in the leak we got :skull: this probably happened because of her last minute decision to censor "mother" and no one did quality control after mastering the final mix... 

Now how do we blame this on ben:true:

6 minutes ago, 111 said:
  Hide contents

They're so.... :rip:

Oh also, per tradition, the post-release will launch at midnight EST! The new site visuals will arrive sometime later Friday afternoon :) x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 minute ago, Elle said:

Oh also, per tradition, the post-release will launch at midnight EST! The new site visuals will arrive sometime later Friday afternoon :) x

Perched for the site visuals since she's not releasing any visuals herself :excited:

2 hours ago, Poor Stacy said:

Wow, I can’t believe we survived another pre-release thread. 

To celebrate, here’s what reads like a 10/10 review from The Quietus (counts for MC): 

https://thequietus.com/articles/32752-lana-del-rey-did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd-review

:wub:

I don’t think it counts unfortunately. I looked at some of their other albums of the week and didn’t see it listed on MC. If it were listed under reviews, then it would count. 

12 minutes ago, 111 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

not you copy pasting this here and on atrl :ma: