Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, Lanaparadiserey said:

Are there any skips???

Probs interludes if they are not your cup of teaa

but other than that there is no objectively bad songs there.. and that is the TRUTH :true:

5 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

It doesn't count for metacritic anyway since it's not a review but "album of the week".

I don’t understand this when it has “review” in the url, but whatever. Metacritic is full of shit, then.

19 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

so... what do we do now? :awkney:

• We do a dance for once
  • Think about heaven
  • Do the hard stuff
  • Thrive
  • Hike up Griffith
  • Make out (a lot)
  • Run marathons in Long Beach by the sea
  • Do a cartwheel
  • Dance like the young and restless
  • Give ourselves 2 seconds to cry
  • Drive around, get drunk, do it over again
  • Put the Beatles on, light the candles, go back to bed 
  • Skip rope in the bayou...bayou
  • Listen to the Chilli Peppers
  • Spin it till you whip it......baby!

OHMYGOD the candy necklace chorrrrrrusss the lyrics & the melodies i'm obsessed

Spoiler

you've been acting pretty reckless

dancin' like the young and restless

i'm obsessed with this

candy necklaces

i think that we should address this

acting like the young and reckless

i'm obsessed with this

all his candy necklaces

FrxSvs4WwAAs2gV?format=jpg&name=900x900

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

fishtail is better than AW :true:

3 minutes ago, Morningcrow said:

• We do a dance for once
  • Think about heaven
  • Do the hard stuff
  • Thrive
  • Hike up Griffith
  • Make out (a lot)
  • Run marathons in Long Beach by the sea
  • Do a cartwheel
  • Dance like the young and restless
  • Give ourselves 2 seconds to cry
  • Drive around, get drunk, do it over again
  • Put the Beatles on, light the candles, go back to bed 
  • Skip rope in the bayou...bayou
  • Listen to the Chilli Peppers
  • Spin it till you whip it......baby!

• get high, drop acid, and never die!

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

33 minutes ago, The Grants said:

last day for this thread :trisha: December 7 was something else

march 24th felt soo far away, the fact that we're literally less than 24 hours away from it now is crazy :ohmy: got here so slowly yet so quickly 

😋🫶🏼

I have returned, I have cried, I have deliriously shaken my ass at 1:30am on a Friday morning. 

First thoughts I noted while listening :crying4::sluttybunny:

Spoiler
  •  Sweet: Ethereal beauty written around a heart aching to bridge the gap between dating and settling down with a family. Chasing that dream through an undeniable retro Disney vibe; y'know the place "Where Dreams Do Come True"  
  • Interlude 1: Confronting Art for arts sake. I think this track will make more sense the more I listen to the album in sequence. Don't get me wrong, it's powerful and almost moving, but unsettling too. 
  • Candy Necklace: The entire track screams Black Beauty for it's content and theme. Haunting, incredible. A melody that will never leave me. The PIANO is SPELLBINDING. The outro is an out of body experience. I shall never look at a candy necklace the same again lol
  • Second Interlude: Holy shit. A FEELING. A MOMENT. A creeping exalted spiritual lift through your body. Made for Dolby atmos. This feels like we just wandered past a house in the middle of the old New Orleans, a ritual is in place, a connection with spirits and gods alike. I feel like I was never meant to hear this. 
  • Kintsugi: Real tears. How is both hope and hurt being directly shot into my heart. It's just gorgeous. “I don’t know anyone left to know songs that I sing.” “And then you’re golden” “just another folk song but anyway ” every line, HITS
  • Fingertips: isn't a song, it's an experience of a poet deconstructing themself, on a global stage. It's a work of art we should recognise we are so very lucky to have ever accessed. 
  • Paris Texas: Theatrical, whimsical, this album feels like it could have been a musical. Beautiful. I almost wonder if some of these melodies did start out as songs for movies. 
  • Grandfather please stand on my heart while it is crushed from unending feelings: The CHORUS is a masterpiece of music. The EMOTION that comes through in this song and her vocals are incredible. ‘But they were wrong’ you tell them girl
  • Let the Light In: I usually love FJM collaborating with Lana but this one leaves me ACHING to hear a Lana solo version. A western romcom song from the 40’s, a warm hug in a sun dress on a summers evening from your husband. Light. 
  • Margaret: The start of Margaret simply is soul lifting. “When you’re good, it’s gold” oh fuck I’m happy crying over a Lana song. I’m smiling like an idiot. I love love. 
  • Fishtail: this is it, this is our Lizzy Grant in modern times masterpiece. The SECOND the track started I double take'd at my phone, she lives. My notes for this song literally say "Lizzy grant???!! Oh that BEAT H I mzkskmekdkem WHAT. We need fucking visuals for this, We NEED. Wow" 
  • Peppers: At this point my brain was shutting down from so much to process at a stupid hour of the morning and I was merely LIVING. "Take a minute to yourself, skinny dip in my mind. I'm in love, I'm in love" if it wasn't 1:30am my ass would be MOVING. Surf rock party vibes ONLY. I can't believe we've gotten trap/pop/hip hop Lana back after all this time and she's still so authentically herself. 
  • Venice bitches drugged out sister is here to SLAP
  • The Outro to end all outros.

I have hardly any words, I'm just so happy, so para-socially proud and so relived pre-release hell is over. If you have yet to hear the record, don't panic. Oh it's worth the wait. Mother Delivered. 
Also I stan Jack Donoghue, Goodnight :wub:

𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎, 𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚢𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚊 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚑

9 hours ago, Sweet said:

So girlies who have had a chance to listen to the album...without spoiling the album, what is your track ranking? You can rate them out of 10 too if you'd like! 

Candy Necklace, Fingertips, Sweet, Kintsugi, Ocean Blvd, Let The Light In: my 10s!!!

The Grants / Paris Texas: 9

Grandfather: 8

Taco Truck: 7.5 (pt I more so than the x VB part tho ngl)

A&W / Peppers:  7

Margaret / Fishtail... 5? :bebe: sawry, both just not my jazz- a lot of fans love em tho!

In which country are you those for whom the album was released, because me in my country it is still not released :judgingu:

1 hour ago, Honeyyoung said:

hate that decision so i'll probably hate the mother censorship as well 😭

what is the mother censorship?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, SalvaWHORE said:

what is the mother censorship?

On Fingertips

Spoiler

When she says "what kind of mother was she to say I'd end up in institutions" the word "mother" now has some bizarre effect over it so you can't hear her say it

1 hour ago, Flowerbomb said:

Why does the beginning of Taco Truck kinda sound like the intro to Nothing Else Matters by Metallica? I love it though :delicious:

Spoiler

so close no matter how far... :trisha:

😋🫶🏼

8 minutes ago, Bare Feet Under Blue Sky said:

I have returned, I have cried, I have deliriously shaken my ass at 1:30am on a Friday morning. 

First thoughts I noted while listening :crying4::sluttybunny:

Hide contents
  •  Sweet: Ethereal beauty written around a heart aching to bridge the gap between dating and settling down with a family. Chasing that dream through an undeniable retro Disney vibe; y'know the place "Where Dreams Do Come True"  
  • Interlude 1: Confronting Art for arts sake. I think this track will make more sense the more I listen to the album in sequence. Don't get me wrong, it's powerful and almost moving, but unsettling too. 
  • Candy Necklace: The entire track screams Black Beauty for it's content and theme. Haunting, incredible. A melody that will never leave me. The PIANO is SPELLBINDING. The outro is an out of body experience. I shall never look at a candy necklace the same again lol
  • Second Interlude: Holy shit. A FEELING. A MOMENT. A creeping exalted spiritual lift through your body. Made for Dolby atmos. This feels like we just wandered past a house in the middle of the old New Orleans, a ritual is in place, a connection with spirits and gods alike. I feel like I was never meant to hear this. 
  • Kintsugi: Real tears. How is both hope and hurt being directly shot into my heart. It's just gorgeous. “I don’t know anyone left to know songs that I sing.” “And then you’re golden” “just another folk song but anyway ” every line, HITS
  • Fingertips: isn't a song, it's an experience of a poet deconstructing themself, on a global stage. It's a work of art we should recognise we are so very lucky to have ever accessed. 
  • Paris Texas: Theatrical, whimsical, this album feels like it could have been a musical. Beautiful. I almost wonder if some of these melodies did start out as songs for movies. 
  • Grandfather please stand on my heart while it is crushed from unending feelings: The CHORUS is a masterpiece of music. The EMOTION that comes through in this song and her vocals are incredible. ‘But they were wrong’ you tell them girl
  • Let the Light In: I usually love FJM collaborating with Lana but this one leaves me ACHING to hear a Lana solo version. A western romcom song from the 40’s, a warm hug in a sun dress on a summers evening from your husband. Light. 
  • Margaret: The start of Margaret simply is soul lifting. “When you’re good, it’s gold” oh fuck I’m happy crying over a Lana song. I’m smiling like an idiot. I love love. 
  • Fishtail: this is it, this is our Lizzy Grant in modern times masterpiece. The SECOND the track started I double take'd at my phone, she lives. My notes for this song literally say "Lizzy grant???!! Oh that BEAT H I mzkskmekdkem WHAT. We need fucking visuals for this, We NEED. Wow" 
  • Peppers: At this point my brain was shutting down from so much to process at a stupid hour of the morning and I was merely LIVING. "Take a minute to yourself, skinny dip in my mind. I'm in love, I'm in love" if it wasn't 1:30am my ass would be MOVING. Surf rock party vibes ONLY. I can't believe we've gotten trap/pop/hip hop Lana back after all this time and she's still so authentically herself. 
  • Venice bitches drugged out sister is here to SLAP
  • The Outro to end all outros.

I have hardly any words, I'm just so happy, so para-socially proud and so relived pre-release hell is over. If you have yet to hear the record, don't panic. Oh it's worth the wait. Mother Delivered. 
Also I stan Jack Donoghue, Goodnight :wub:

I love every interpretation you gave to the songs especially for Fingertips and Kintsugi :trisha:

and also for giving me Margaret