Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

5-ish hours for meΒ :trisha:

Β 

Β 

π‘³π’Šπ’‡π’† π’Šπ’” π’ƒπ’†π’‚π’–π’•π’Šπ’‡π’–π’ 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’šπ’π’– 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I’m currently listening to the album. I’m at Kintsugi. The interludes were grueling to listen through.Β 

yyxyΒ | youth youth by young | yyxy

On 3/20/2023 at 3:15 AM, burthday kake said:

a track to go with each zodiac sign (based on nothing but my own perceptions , research n experiences w certain signs.. so sorry for that):yesnod:

whats your big 3? :kiss3:Β I'm a Candy Necklace sun+moon & Sweet rising

Β  Reveal hidden contents

The Grants: Cancer,Β "I'm doin' the hard stuff, doin' my time, I'm doin' it for us- for our family line"

Β 

Ocean Blvd: Virgo, "in a world preserved, only a few have found the door, it's like Camarillo, only silver mirrors runnin' down the corridor"

Β 

Sweet: Libra, "if you want someone then just call me up & remember where I'll be, sweet in barefeet"

Β 

A&W: Aries, "do you really think I give a damn what I do after years of just hearing them talking?"

Β 

Candy Necklace: Scorpio,Β "& I'm obsessed with this, all his candy necklaces"Β 

Β 

Paris, Texas: Gemini, "when you know, you know-Β it's time, it's time to go"

Β 

Grandfather: Capricorn, "I know they think that it took somebody else to make me beautiful as they intended me to be but they're wrong"

Β 

Let The Light In: Taurus, "I love to love to love to love you, I hate to hate to hate to hate you"

Β 

Margaret: Pisces, "like Hollywood & me, that diamond on your ring, the soul that you bring to the table"

Β 

Fishtail: Aquarius, "palm trees in black n white, I see in technicolor- maybe if I take my glasses off I'll stop painting red flags green"

Β 

Peppers: Sagittarius, "take a minute to yourself, skinny dip in my mind, I'm in love"

Β 

Taco Truck: Leo, "imagine if we actually gave a fuck, wouldn't that be somethin' to talk about for us"

Β 

Β 

& yes I left out Kintsugi n Fingertips (as well as the interludes for obvious reasons)Β despite them being two of my very faves on the album cause 1) there are only 12 zodiac signs anywayΒ  but also 2) there is just so much going on in those two songs n honestly they are ultra personal to Lana yet also SO UNIVERSAL so i could never figure it out,,, not saying other songs aren't also but you know what...im not explaining myself further.. #ifyouknowyouknow:thumb:

Β 

not my most hated two songs being my sun & moon…… Aquarius and Libra got fucked over by this listΒ :oprah3: Justice for libra as peppers & Aquarius as taco truck NEOWWWWW

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gifΒ :beyonce:

13 hours ago, DCooper said:

Β 

Oh nooo! You should contact Sonic Boom and ask if they have any leftover, it seemed like they had a lot

Omg I will! Thanks

How to FEEL Paris, Texas?

Use your background whitenoise on iphone, set the raining sounds in the back while playing.

@WHORE OF TROPICO Β  ⇨ Β  @SALVAWHOREΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFsΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon β€” ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Β 

Listening on New Zealand YouTubeΒ 

Spoiler

The final/better quality CN is def moving up in my rankings higher than the leaked version didΒ 

Β 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Spoiler

I've been wondering about this for quite some time, but what does she mean when she says "Dave who hung himself real high in the national park sky"? Was his death an accident or his choice..? I can't even find the source of that info.

Β 

Edited by fishtails
Added spoiler

5 minutes ago, Mer said:

Listening on New Zealand YouTubeΒ 

Β  Reveal hidden contents

The final/better quality CN is def moving up in my rankings higher than the leaked version didΒ 

Β 

Spoiler

lana's voice onΒ fishtail sounds so muffled

Β 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Paris, Texas and Grandfather are the BEST SONGS and the fact they’re next to each other is like they’re cohesive.Β 

yyxyΒ | youth youth by young | yyxy

33 minutes ago, yourboy said:
Spoiler

I've been wondering about this for quite some time, but what does she mean when she says "Dave who hung himself real high in the national park sky"? Was his death an accident or his choice..? I can't even find the source of that info.

Β 

Β 

My ranking

Spoiler

1. Kintsugi

2. did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd

3. a&w

4. taco truck x vb

5. grandfather

6. candy necklace

7. the grants

8. peppers

9. let the light in

10. paris, texas

11. margaret

12. fishtail

13. fingertips

14. sweet

15. jon batiste interlude

16. judah smith interlude

i'm really sorry and i was not expecting this, but Fingertips didn't move me as much as i thought it would, and although i absolutely loved Kintsugi :icant: maybe that's going to change with time

Β 

34 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

I just listened to the album for the first time, without having heard a single thing from it.

Β  Hide contents

What can I say... She's come so far. Looking back on her past records, which I love with all my heart, this one is just the most forward-thinking, the most ambitious, it is so well executed, so moving. I think the attention to detail is absolutely stunning. Every second of every minute of every song brings with it a new range of emotions, it has so many layers, so many subtleties. And at the same time, this album is so raw and so sincere. Without a doubt my favorite album of hers I fear.

I absolutely loved the "get high, drop acid" part of Taco Truck, the metallic-sounding guitar that plays at the end of Let The Light In, the magnificent melody of Kintsugi, the energy that radiates from her high vocals in Grandfather, the gorgeous harmonies at the end of The Grants, the structure of A&W, and basically everything about the title track. She really is the greatest musician of all times.

The one thing I am a bit disappointed in is that she almost doesn't use her lower register, which I love so much, and I'm not always convinced by the muffled and mumbling sound of her voice at times. But that's really it. Album of the century :cryney2:

Β 

fuck I really wish I could have this experience… so glad u enjoyed it this wayΒ :cryney2:

and also for giving meΒ Margaret

Just now, Future Jazz said:

My ranking

Β  Hide contents

i'm really sorry and i was not expecting this, but Fingertips didn't move me as much as i thought it would, and although i absolutely loved Kintsugi :icant: maybe that's going to change with time

Β 

Β 

Spoiler

I blame the censorΒ :read:

Β 

Jk I don't, but I do think that's gonna change over time! I was overwhelmed when I first heard it since it's so much to process, I knew it was powerful but I could hardly comprehend what I was listening to the first listen. The more I hear it though the more I'm floored, I think it's probably my favourite off the album but it's really 10s across the board so I can't rankΒ 

Β 

6 minutes ago, The Grants said:

fuck I really wish I could have this experience… so glad u enjoyed it this wayΒ :cryney2:

I miss being 12 and not knowing the concept of a leakΒ 

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...