Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

12 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

Does the released album sound better than the leak?

I think obviously so, although I still need to compare Margaret, as some have said it's oddly quieter.

I've heard radio edit bleeps less bothersome than the "mother" censure though :facepalm:

To the OG Candy Necklace truthers before everybody starting bandwagoning when it leaked..I won’t forget you like the tunnel under ocean boulevard.

peppers is a career highlight btw

SIGNING OFF BANG BANG KISS KISS :peace:

1 hour ago, bambi eyes said:

is the heart shaped box on the  retail exclusive cd disk a nirvana reference? :gasp: probably right

trying to decode this. it could very well just be a heart shaped box, nothing more or less but this thread is closing, so why not enjoy one final delulu lanalysation theory:

the heart shaped box Lana holds on the retail exclusive CD is a reference to Nirvana:

we know that Lana is a fan of the band/Kurt as well as that song specifically, considering she's covered it.

obviously it can be interpreted in any which way but let's look at one of the main things Heart Shaped Box is thought to be about: an addictive but toxic relationship

"I've been locked inside your heart-shaped box for weeks// I've been drawn into your magnet tar pit trap// I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black"

via Genius:

-->“Heart shaped box” refers to a jail cell that appears to be their “heart” or sense of affection. They have locked him(Kurt) up in there; they may not actually love him (hence his being in a heart-shaped box instead of a real heart) as much as they're in love with the idea of being in love. 

-->Magnets attract each other, while tar pits are known for trapping animals, specifically dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures.

The relationship is very strong, but there is a sinister edge to it; it seems to be fairly new, and as wise men say, “only fools rush in.”

Now let's looking at miss Candy Necklace, for example:

Spoiler

"Sittin' on the sofa, feelin' supеr suicidal

Hate to say the word, but, baby, hand on the Bible, I do
Feel like it's you- the one who's bringin' me down
Thought that we were cool, we were kickin' it like Tribe Called Quest
You're the best, but, baby, you've been bringin' me down
I can see it now"

"You've been actin' pretty restless
Dancin' like the young and reckless
And I'm obsessed with this
Candy necklaces
I think that we should address this"

candy necklaces/ magnet tar pit trap - both thought to be a metaphor for drugs?

:dua: ++ the relationships mentioned in A&W, Fishtail & possibly a bit of LTLI too

or it has nothing to do with the song but is meant to symbolise her opening her heart up to the world - sharing her innermost thoughts/secrets, considering this is her most personal/diaristic work to date

or she literally just thought it looked cute (cuz it does) & i need to go bash my head off a wall(likely) :air:hold on let me add this to the questions for lana thread ugh:trisha:

This was my first pre-release on LB and I loved to hate it tbh :xgiggle: it was crazy but we had fun moments too, though I admit that after the album l-worded I couldn't keep up with it anymore and refrained from reading everyone's opinions so I could have my own 

I think what made this thread very stressful was the BB discourse and the inevitable comparisons since it was her last album. Hopefully the LDR10 thread will not have this same problem and endless fighting, which is pointless... :agree2:

But overall discussing things and being delulu with you guys was cool :flutter:

sorry all the fingertips truthers but tbh candy necklace has my favorite lyrics on the album:nails:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just wanted to tip my hat to this pre-release era. Even though I only chime in every now and then, and was really only actually active during LFL, I've been lurking and enjoying for years now. Pre-release is always such a special and fun time in my life and I wouldn't have that without y'all. This board makes me laugh, cry, balk, and all the rest, every time. Thanks for keeping me entertained and in the know since UV pre-release, Lanaboards! Can't wait to digest the album with you all in the post-release thread.

photo.jpglanadelrey-1jpg.jpgphoto.jpg

5 number 1s on iTunes from Asia

These Asian gurls ARE EATING HER UP THIS ERA Y'ALL :cryney2:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, Brooklynbaby said:

Do y’all remember that one guy who accused all of Lanaboards of being homophobic and left when 90% of us are 💅🏻 I think that was my favourite moment :thumb2:

I lost several brain cells that day, but yes I think I can recall that… :omfg2:

I have loved this era despite everything

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐