Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

My first thoughts for each new song. I get more detailed in some so spoiler warning

• Sweet was meh tbh, I am honestly not a big fan of the lyrics! It seems like one of the ones that was quickly made up on the spot or whatever, but doesn't happen to work for me. 
  • Judah Smith interlude is scary and i dont like the yelling. Cant get around it sorry.
  • Candy Necklace is good. I'll listen again for sure! I love how it sounds intense and suspenseful in the verses. That's what draws me to it.
  • John Batiste Interlude gives Daughter Instrumental vibes, nice, but i am overall not a fan of the random voice recordings playing
  • Kintsugi is a very refreshing personal ballad. It's nothing as impactful and striking as Hope IADT, but its thoughtful for sure.
  • Fingertips has very upfront lyrics! But it's hard to keep focus. I need more time with it to get the lyrics. I usually love a song that is hard to follow as a regular song but still super artistic. This one is just hard to follow and I can't recognise most of the art except in the strong cinematic instrumental so far :/
  • Paris, Texis I immeadiately feel so much love for because its production is so nostalgic and classical, like ive heard it before. In fact it distracted me from the lyrics, so I can't say much else. 
  • Grandfather has a louder, strong cinematic production, which I really really appreciate, and also reminds me of Daughter and maybe Florence. I do like the lyrics too.
  • Let The Light In sounds straight up like a FJM song, not a Lana song, but I absolutely love that. It's almost like the LFL folk vibe but improved! Love it, but I don't see it as the peak of their work together. I still think that's to come for some reason, like they need to do the covers album together. 
  • Margaret is sort of similar, and sounds a little like something unreleased, like her work with Barrie. I always eat up the brass instruments in songs too :fabcat:
  • Fishtail really is TJF/Cinnamon Girl! I love it. We've found the next single! The way she described how this song started, I thought it wouldn't be very good, but it is great, and I love the lyrics. 
  • Peppers is :wat: interesting, and fucking hilarious. Lots of lyric crossovers which is cool. 
  • Taco Truck x VB I love and the lyrics are funny as fuck too. There's lots in it that remind me of the NFR album, even before the VB pt 2.

• Overall, I love the cinematic, classical production of the album. It's one of my favourite genres, and feels closest to my heart/soul, like the kind of music that makes me most emotional, and feels most natural to me. So I am very excited for the instrumentals. 
  • The album feels like a big step away from what she's previously done (though a big step towards what she really wants to do), and I think this one will be sort of like Honeymoon, how lots, maybe most fans, don't know about it or care for it, but maybe even more so, because I think the majority of the album will be that way. That also makes me keen to keep listening and exploring it more. 

8 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

yeah it's a normal thing and his sermon makes a lot of sense actually 

How does it make sense?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I'm gonna cry at work omg it's coming to soon

I won't listen at midnight though :rip: Bc I have to get up early

I'll wait til I get home w my boyfriend and we'll listen to it together!!!! :crai: So 14 hours for me :bebe:

Just now, honeymoon is alive said:

cause living lusting for your neighbor is really a heck of a life? 

Ah ok. I couldn't really hear him properly apart from the first part

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

does it release right at midnight?

9c2f159f3783d5d514e1aebcfad2d2ff.jpg

you're in the wind, i'm in the water, nobody's son, nobody's daughter... ౨ৎ·゚:*

25 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

‘Omnichord by Phoenix Grant’ :lmao:

and she'll never have to work again:umadney:

(+the way she's credited on one of the least child friendly songs too skjhshhs)

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

1 minute ago, gorillagrippedcoochie said:
  Hide contents

march 25th at around noon.  watch. :true:

I hope your information is real :smokes3:

23 minutes ago, Flowerbomb said:

I have so many questions about the Judah Smith interlude. Is this dude literally on crack? Why is he shouting? Is this like a normal thing for churches? It's so scary cause this dude is going off on tangents about having kids and being married and shit like why is Lana even there? :scoff:

i'm assuming he's shouting bc its a megachurch so he probably gives his sermons up on a stage in like an auditorium full of people. plus i think he's kinda hamming it up and being dramatic and funny like kinda playing the crowd like you can hear lana and the rest of the audience laughing at times

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif