Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, DNC said:

wait really?? what review gave her more than 80

Only Gigwise + The Quietus so far, but they won't be counted. Still, there are more 80s than 75/70s. 

7 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

midnight? like Blue Banisters

Sometimes pitchfork doesn’t post their review right away 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

On 3/15/2023 at 10:22 PM, ultrabanisters said:

RICH LEE

ANTHONY MENDLER

OCEAN BLVD

THE SHORT FILM

67 MINUTES

STARRING LANA DEL REY

ultrabanisters insider moment 

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

CANDY NECKLACE MUSIC VIDEO OMGG THE VISUALLALAA

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

Ok since we know we are getting music videos I hope we get 2 more

1. Candy Necklace/ John Batiste (kind of like the freak music video with Clair de lune playing at the end)

2. Let The Light In

3. Taco Truck x VB

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, ultrabanisters said:

ultrabanisters insider moment 

have you ever said confirmed information ? :prettyhurts:

Early in Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd, Lana Del Rey highlights a sermon from megachurch pastor-to-the-stars Judah Smith. In the most Del Rey fashion, it was clearly recorded on her phone during a service — you can hear her and a friend’s giggles bump up in the foreground, above Smith’s projecting voice and a piano instrumental that keeps it moving. Smith proselytizes about love and lust, reading from the Book of Psalms. His presence feels strikingly superfluous in the context of Del Rey’s quite heavy ninth album (especially when you think too hard on the ickiness of his former views on abortion and homosexuality). But the way he fits into her vision becomes clearer in his final two lines: 

“I used to think my preaching was mostly about You,” he says in a conspiratorial tone to what is likely a room of hundreds, if not thousands, of congregants, ”And you’re not gonna like this, but I’m gonna tell you the truth: I’ve discovered my preaching is mostly about me.”

The core of Ocean Blvd is Del Rey trying to get a closer look at herself, flipping the story as we have come to understand (and maybe even misunderstand) about what she’s trying to tell us. Through stories of her family, a failed relationship, her conflicting desire of being both seen and hidden, Del Rey exposes more than just who she is, but why she is who she is.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey