Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

When the tracklist came out I was like 'oh god this is going to be bad' because of all the features and the titles weren't doing anything for me, but it's actually really good? I'm surprised by how cohesive it sounds, like it's not like BB where you have The Trio mixed in with Cherry Blossom

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

The album was a fucking spiritual experience. :trisha::trisha::trisha:

I ascended at each track, even the interludes. There's NO skips. 

I'll probably have to listen to the songs over and over again to fully digest it and name my favorites, but holy shit it's incredible. Reading all the spoilers didn't even prepare me to how good it sounds, like I'm still shook. :oprah2:

my last post in this thread is my ranking....... soooo:

1. A&W

2. Peppers

3. Candy Necklace

4. Did you know...

5. The Grants

6. Let The Light In

7. Sweet

8. Fingertips

9. Taco Truck

10. Grandfather

11. Kintsugi

12. Judah Smith Interlude

13. Jon Batiste Interlude

14. Paris Texas

15. Margaret

16. Fishtail

I finished my first listen, it's a really heavy album to construct thoughts about it in just one listen. It's very experimental. The first half is very wordy and hard to digest. And the second half is more light and uptempo but I had hard times getting into it after how the first half made me feel. As I've said, it will take a while to understand this album. Right now, it didn't click with me.

One thing I'll say though:

Wow...I wasn't expeced this from Kintsugi. It made me cry... After the album ended, I came back to listen to it and I cried again. It's beautiful. @Kintsugi you were right.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

Last post in the thread, my ranking of the album (copying other user on this page)

1. Kintsugi

2. Grandfather

3. A&W

4. Fishtail

5. DYK

6. Candy Necklace

7. Let the Light In

8. The Grants

9. Fingertips

10. Sweet

11. Taco Truck

12. Margaret

13. Paris Texas

14. Peppers

15. Jon Batiste

16. Judah Smith

I'm going to miss this thread so much, the rumours, us trying to look up the album's song titles, the insiders talking information about each song on the album, each was a new clue about the album, visuals and all. I'm going to miss this place a lot and spend hours reading all the messages in this thread. So, I'm saying goodbye to this wonderful topic that I'm going to miss a lot! Byeeee, and until Lana's next projects and albums that we'll try to unravel like a treasure map 🥺😢😭😭💝💝

So nice to listen to the songs properly with my earbuds after not catching every single word through the record store's pre-listening party's crusty speakers.

Spoiler

Fingertips is so gutwrenchingly sad, I didn't quite catch that at all at the listening party. Dang. It'll take me some good time to really let it all sink in. That was really dark and sad... but I'm glad Lana said she's happier now. She deserves the world.

I know I might say this after like every album, but I really think this might be her best work so far. If you're like me, and don't mind the way she's been writing lyrics on Norman and forwards, this really is it. The melodies are beautiful. I really, really, strongly think this is so amazing. I kinda wonder what her next project will be like, she really meant it when she said she had things to say, I kinda wonder what else she will have to write songs about after this. More songs about her family and friends? Maybe. I didn't quite like it in Chemtrails, but she's so open and the songs get so intimate, I honestly wouldn't mind it if she kept it on this level. If she needs to take three years to figure out her next project, I honestly wouldn't even be mad about it.

It's like 2 AM, but I don't know how to go to sleep now, haha. This album shook me.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

@Elle when does the post release thread start?

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

4 minutes ago, terrencelovesy0u said:

@Elle when does the post release thread start?

Midnight Eastern Time! So, 3 hours from now. New site visuals arriving too later tomorrow x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS