Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

There are zero outtakes from previous albums on "Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd" 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 hours ago, cherrytropico said:

wow lana-like imagery went from roses and old hollywood glam to…Del Taco :slayty:

I get your point :hide: but during the BTD days and before I'd also associate her to fast food chains (her being a waitress and serving fries and coke in her unreleased songs) and stuff like Diet Mountain Dew and Cola so I feel it's still on brand for her :true:

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

There are zero outtakes from previous albums on "Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd" 

And we LOVE to see it :oop:

26 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I get your point :hide: but during the BTD days and before I'd also associate her to fast food chains (her being a waitress and serving fries and coke in her unreleased songs) and stuff like Diet Mountain Dew and Cola so I feel it's still on brand for her :true:

just another hint that this will be her most lizzy-esque album since AKA/pieces of BTD... the disco references + the trailer park + the random callbacks + the del taco ruby tuesday 7/11 diet mtn dew energy, plus the oceanic imagery, it's so mermaid motel kill kill the ocean trailer park coney island baby of her!!

:true:

sUcVobB.png

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

just another hint that this will be her most lizzy-esque album since AKA/pieces of BTD... the disco references + the trailer park + the random callbacks + the del taco ruby tuesday 7/11 diet mtn dew energy, plus the oceanic imagery, it's so mermaid motel kill kill the ocean trailer park coney island baby of her!!

:true:

You get the vision :true:

imageproxy.jpg

56 minutes ago, Morningcrow said:

There are no outtakes.

Omg i just thought that like...Ocean Blvd was unused song from bb...as i understood she was working on it during bb's making so it's recent ( 2020-2021)so it really makes sense,there is no outtakes , but maybe there is a chance of Sweet being a Rock Candy Sweet rework if we think of it in this key:oprah4: :oprah4:i would die 

Here is the link to the playlist I made with all the tracks I think will sound similar to the ones on DYK. I also included the samples that will be used, so 20 tracks in total.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6jXX5YFoqgEmNgjVkV9z46?si=f259334c61384b7d

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

7 minutes ago, 50s baby doll dress said:

Omg i just thought that like...Ocean Blvd was unused song from bb...as i understood she was working on it during bb's making so it's recent ( 2020-2021)so it really makes sense,there is no outtakes , but maybe there is a chance of Sweet being a Rock Candy Sweet rework if we think of it in this key:oprah4: :oprah4:i would die 

She probably wrote and/or recorded the title track and the Mike songs just as she finished BB in the Summer of 2021 so they are from that period but never meant for BB 

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

Here is the link to the playlist I made with all the tracks I think will sound similar to the ones on DYK. I also included the samples that will be used, so 20 tracks in total.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6jXX5YFoqgEmNgjVkV9z46?si=f259334c61384b7d

Wild At Heart at the top of the list, iktr :blush3:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

2 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

In this drought now...all I wanna know is which Tommy's song is sampled....

Still praying for Execute :illumilana2:  Jimmy Jimmy coco puffff slay

omg I forgot ab jImmy Jimmy coco puff!! excited to see how tf shes going to manage to slide that into a song 

24 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

In this drought now...all I wanna know is which Tommy's song is sampled....

Still praying for Execute :illumilana2:  Jimmy Jimmy coco puffff slay

I mean...

Crucifixion on my back

Your bitch fixated on my past

She un-equated to my pack

I'm running wolves

God we made it

Subjugated like syntax

THEY GONNA TAKE ME TO COURT FOR MY VISION :peace2:

But fr this suits her as hell :defeated: and the Jimmy part goes well with the tempo

5 minutes ago, Louise said:

Somebody's clowning the Lana fans! Or is it a breadcrumb? Check the final image of a series of artwork for the album in a Consequence of Sound article, Everything We Know About Lana Del Rey’s Did You Know There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd Album (So Far) :

LDR-Did-You-Know-That-Theres-A-Tunnel-Un

The pictures are real, Lana posted it in an Instagram post that was taken down a few weeks ago

Daily reminder to keep this thread on topic. Off topic/spam posts will result in a warning point and mod queue thnx all :kiss:

feel free to talk at 

"Don’t forget me"