Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, Map of LA said:

Not really a fan of Jack's vocals either - American Whore is probably the Bleachers collaboration 

It makes sense if AW&J means American Whore & Jack...

What doesn't make sense is the acronym she chose :icant:

giphy.gif

How many interludes do we think we’ll get ? i’d say 2-3. Each interlude introducing a new "act" in the album would be great. Kinda like chromatica but actually good and not unlistenable garbage :xtina:

Just now, lanasbottom said:

How many interludes do we think we’ll get ? i’d say 2-3. Each interlude introducing a new "act" in the album would be great. Kinda like chromatica but actually good and not unlistenable garbage :xtina:

I think BoZ said 2 interludes.

Boz confirmed it's 2

boz already said 2 but i have this feelings The Grants is a spoken intro

and also for giving me Margaret

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

i think it’s confirmed that there’s 2 :yesnod: but one is the pastor so lets hope the other one makes up for that

edit: literally 3 other people responded to this :toofunny:

i think for the writing credits it says track 5 judah smith so i wonder how the transition between A&W and the pastor sermon will work 😭

and also for giving me Margaret

53 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I totally agree she has evolved and didn’t just make the song from BTD on all records.

I think the point some are making is that all her records had unique melodies and structures/themes - BTD sounds nothing like west coast, West coast sounds nothing like High to the Beach, Love sounds nothing like her prior songs although is a BTD tribute.

all of her leads post NFR are eeriely similar- I genuinely believe you can slot cottc on NFR without batting an eye and same with ocean. 

I do think Blue banisters is a bit of an exception and dont really group it in so much with NFR and COCC.

Uhhh I really don’t agree. NFR is very guitar and piano based, COCC is 100% folksy and BB is… BB. Ocean would fit in BB quite easily but it would stick out like a sore thumb in the other two albums. 

IMG-7960.jpg

Just now, kaliuchis said:

i think for the writing credits it says track 5 judah smith so i wonder how the transition between A&W and the pastor sermon will work 😭

if A&W is American Whore and she put the sermon interlude after it.......... her mind

rihKQ8M.gif

4 minutes ago, kaliuchis said:

Pastor sermon???? What???? :noparty:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

6 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

i think it’s confirmed that there’s 2 :yesnod: but one is the pastor so lets hope the other one makes up for that

edit: literally 3 other people responded to this :toofunny:

the answer couldn’t be any clearer thanks y’all :derpna:

The pastor thing’s getting deleted and replaced with Religion the second this album comes out trust :nails:

7 minutes ago, TextBook said:

Pastor sermon???? What???? :noparty:

Judah is Lana's pastor and we are unfortunately getting an interlude where somehow his sermon is sampled or used otherwise :eek: Since Jack and Lana have also writing credit on it I assume it's not just a straight recording. Though since it comes directly after American Whore i'm a bit curious about it.

I don't think Lana is feeling any pressure to ''outdo'' herself, I think she's just making the music she feels like doing/likes best. 

16 hours ago, Map of LA said:

"As her career goes Lana challenges herself as a songwriter more and that requires listener to adjust. Many of the new songs are gonna be very long, not bound to conventional structure, centered around lyricism, raw poetry. It takes letting go old Lana style to appreciate new one." - BoZ

VERY LONG SONGS? UNCONVENTIONAL STRUCTURES? :oprah4:

Oh I WON and so many people on here are about to lose.

Many of the new songs are very long AND unconventional

giphy.gif  da001084a838df8bd90d29ec8dd296e3.gif 

Anyway, it's interesting that Lana only mentioned FJM singing with her on the album. I wonder if Batiste, Tommy, and The Bleachers only serve background vocals or perhaps they only have writing credits and she decided to give them the "feature" treatment (see SYML). 

3 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Judah is Lana's pastor and we are unfortunately getting an interlude where somehow his sermon is sampled or used otherwise :eek:

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO WHAAAAAT this is so iconic I can'tttt- imagine coming up to your priest after the mass like hey do you wanna collab for my album

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*