Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

12 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Did anyone figure out why eclipse gave us all her older songs as reference ? What's it got to do with Powerlifting or HBTB?

honestly i don’t think he gave them to us as reference, i think he was just saying random shit 

sUcVobB.png

15 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

24 hours since Tunnel was released. We need a new song already. :true:

yeah she better announce another album that's out by the end of december so it gets us through waiting for march :true:

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I’m really not sure why but I kinda feel like The Grants is gonna give Summertime The Gershwin Version. and i hate that song 😭 the title is giving me that for some reason!

BOZ said that the song should’ve been used in an album trailer though so it’s probably really cinematic

4 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

BOZ said that the song should’ve been used in an album trailer though so it’s probably really cinematic

He also said that she should have named the album The Grants, so I suppose it should be a really special opener. :oprah:

3 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

I’m really not sure why but I kinda feel like The Grants is gonna give Summertime The Gershwin Version. and i hate that song 😭 the title is giving me that for some reason!

To this day I still can't comprehend what possessed her to drop that :toofunny: :thumb3:

But on the bright side, it brought in the era of those lovely background vocalists. And that was a win :true:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

i kind of wish an insider would leak the tracklist but i am also happy that they respect lana enough not to. it is just so much fun speculating what songs could be about or sound like based on the titles alone. do we think she is going to reveal the tracklist at all before the release or keep it a surprise this time? 

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

1 minute ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

To this day I still can't comprehend what possessed her to drop that :toofunny: :thumb3:

But on the bright side, it brought in the era of those lovely background vocalists. And that was a win :true:

i have a feeling it was probably recorded for American Classics and Standards and then she thought it would be a good idea to just drop it then for that charity 

2 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

I find it interesting that she has now covered Doin Time, Summertime (Gershwin version) and Summertime (Janis Joplin version), with the last being unleaked.

2 minutes ago, #vapeinfluencer said:

ok but the question is...is ocean one of her best title tracks?

i would say yes. i think her best title tracks (in no particular order) are honeymoon, chemtrails over the country club & did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd. they are the most dreamy & abstract imo.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

12 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

I genuinely believe that she had planned to release the American Standards album, but the prolect is now shelved for some reason— :awkney:

Yes the biggest collaborations  & songs with the most radio play and play listing with the same rules couldn’t do it. You guys did it AFTER the rule change! An alt song. No sexual visuals. An alty alt song.😊

I thought it would be top15. Label said top5. #dowehaveatunnelunderoceanblvd

🙏🏻🍾🦄 

20 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

Will it continue the trend of writing about her family in some shape or form? Obviously. I'm hoping it won't be sappy or saccharine. 

4 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

Yes the biggest collaborations  & songs with the most radio play and play listing with the same rules couldn’t do it. You guys did it AFTER the rule change! An alt song. No sexual visuals. An alty alt song.😊

🙏🏻🍾🦄 

Did I miss something? Are the stats out?

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

4 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

🙏🏻🍾🦄 

SHE DID THAT WITH NO PROMO 💿NO SEXY VISUAL👙🦄️ NO PLAYLISTING 🎧NO RADIO 📻 🦄💵NO MUSIC VIDEO 🎤🎥 NO TIKTOK DANCE 💃🏽 🪩 NO NOTHINGJUST PURE LOVE FROM THE LIPSTERS🦄🦄🦄🦄

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Will it continue the trend of writing about her family in some shape or form? Obviously. I'm hoping it won't be sappy or saccharine. 

Yeah I hope it’ll be a WW kind of song more than a Sweet Carolina one… I’ve listened to the latter like two times since it came out :eek3:

Lanarat.png

3 hours ago, Nahime said:

what you are saying makes a lot of sense.

I just hope you won’t get crucified by some weirdos who can’t handle some critical thoughts. It’s like you are killing their own mothers in front of them, when Lana doesn’t even know they exist. Sad.

Hilarious. 

Everyone should be civil and considerate here, but 'considerate' doesn't mean reigning in your thoughts and opinions because they **might** possibly offend someone here. If 10% of the people don't like the new track, are they offended by all the 90% of members who love it and express their love and gratitude? No. They just realize they're in the minority this time around. I'm in the minority this time around. No problem. That's life, as Frank Sinatra sings. 

3 hours ago, West Coast said:

Well, the new song is great, but it's nothing we haven't heard yet on the past three records, not groundbreaking at all. Production is nice, lyrics are reminiscent of what we heard on NFR--but it's basically a mashup of Arcadia, Let Me Love You Like A Woman and If You Lie Down With Me, with more strings and added back vocals.

What BoZ said is interesting... I think Lana is most definitely never going to serve as hard as she did on her first three records. She's been in her folk-singer-songwriter/vagabond poet era/state of mind since NFR and I don't see that changing ever. 

Unfortunately, the more I listen to this song, the more I'm like "okay this I have heard before on NFR, Chemtrails and Blue Banisters". I think it kinda ranks middle-of-the-road compared to her other title tracks as well. This is not better than Born To Die, Ultraviolence, Honeymoon, NFR or Chemtrails, not sure whether I would rank BB above or below at this point. But it's surely better than LFL.

As per usual, cautiously excited to hear the rest of the record. At least the visuals are great and cohesive this era. That's lovely. 

Very well said. I give it a 'C+.' In my opinion, it was a mistake to release it as the first single, especially for Stans and the global public that heard, and were not greatly interested in, LMLYLAW. 

I am also cautiously excited to hear the rest, but after the insiders' overpraise of this track, I'm not holding my breath.