Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

29 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I understand. Thanks for calling me 'babe.' There are simply more members who don't want anything but agreement than there are those that want to speak freely and civilly. That is the world today.

Be very careful with those Grindr hookups--in terms of violence, robbery, STDs, etc. 

ok so what does this have to do with the tunnel under Ocean Boulevard??

10 minutes ago, swansong said:

i pray valley of the dolls will be released on this album :toofloppy: im not sure if it’ll fit the vibe but i love that song so much

there arent scraps on this album so it's not happening 

thank god :ma:

2 minutes ago, jinsouldilf said:

ok so what does this have to do with the tunnel under Ocean Boulevard??

they just want everyone to be careful when they bring their grindr hookups to the tunnel under ocean boulevard :oprah3: 

sUcVobB.png

2 minutes ago, your dealer said:

I’m so ready for my American Whore fuck me to death grindr std hook up robbery SERVE!!!!! This is really gunna be my era!! :oprah:

SCREAMING :omfg2:

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, your dealer said:

I’m so ready for my American Whore fuck me to death grindr std hook up robbery SERVE!!!!! This is really gunna be my era!! :oprah:

That's the attitude. 

33 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Be very careful with those Grindr hookups--in terms of violence, robbery, STDs, etc. 

Not the pastor interlude already leaking :krylie:

Spoiler

This is just a joke I'm not trying to start a war I actually like you :kiss:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, kaliuchis said:

i think for the writing credits it says track 5 judah smith so i wonder how the transition between A&W and the pastor sermon will work 😭

the interlude is perhaps like a dialogue in the confessional

has anyone thought that AW&J might stand for American whore and Judah? (track 4 + 5)

1 minute ago, bluechemtrails said:

i LOVE this concept but i do not think protestants do confession. i think it is a strictly catholic thing. but it could be a sermon about like redemption & jesus loving everyone despite their sins. i feel like it could be a very cathartic moment on the album especially since it does follow the american whore song.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

13 hours ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Idk I'm really liking the idea of the sermon saying "don't be a hoe" and the whore song following the sermon like

giphy.webp

But the whore song comes first :crai:

5 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I’m excited for whatever the angry songs may be if those are still happening. I miss Lana’s bad bitch/gangster energy. 

Me too, and in a big way. Imagine, creatively, if the original version of 'Live or Die' was created this year, instead of over 10 years ago. Damn the PC critics, it would be a total serve!

I actually like the song.. it’s like she had to let go of the strong woman ‘I’m your man’ and dive back into the ‘I’m nothing without you’.. I like that she’s letting her hair back down, you can tell she’s having a hard time being openly vulnerable again.. but she said fuck it.. I hear the melody from Old Money the ‘Ill run run run’ it has that reminiscent energy. You can tell it was written by the same waters that inspired Mariners.. it sounds like IYLDWM and LMLYLAW.. but it’s coming straight from the honest heart of Lana as a lost woman.. we are all lost, hell.. the choir in the back brings a lot of soul which I like.. it actually takes a lot for an artist to want to use somebody else’s voice/voices in their art.. you can tell she’s tired of doing it all on her own... she’s relied on friends and family in BB, she’s relied on lovers that have abandoned here, substance usage/addictions, a mother that probably neglected her..those issues are real.. you can tell she’s trying to see the light which is never easy and putting it all on display is very commendable ..

15 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

She said on the note on the last IG page that she recorded a part of his sermon

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif