Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, Mer said:

i've found her pre-choruses to be the highlights recently (WFWF, Mariners, HIAB, Black Bathing Suit, etc. etc.). I hope we get some more of those on Tunnel.  

we gonna! songs are long!

12 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I think 4 of the five songs with Mike will have orchestra

My prediction: The Grants, Title Track (obviously), Fingertips, and Let the Light In

Hermosa doesn’t have writing credits on Fingertips though! So Peppers or Taco Truck must be (partly) orchestral too (she mentioned in her letter that 4 Hermosa songs have orchestra!). Taco Truck having a batshit crazy outro with strings, horns and the psychedelic soundscape of Venice Bitch’s outro would be amazing. 

@DCooper I agree! I know that Sweet is supposed to be the least complex/simplest song on the album, and due to its short length it might be overshadowed by the « big » players on Side A of the vinyl, but she would never put a filler song near the top of the tracklist. :true:

I'm not going to get into it because this is simply not the thread for it, but if you're taking me saying that women shouldn't be sexualized for their existence as a personal attack, maybe do some self reflecting :kiss2:

Moving on! I've been thinking a lot about The Grants in particular lately. That comment that BoZ made about it being perfect for an album trailer really interested me. I feel like it's going to be sort of a hallmark in Lana's discography

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Moving on! I've been thinking a lot about The Grants in particular lately. That comment that BoZ made about it being perfect for an album trailer really interested me. I feel like it's going to be sort of a hallmark in Lana's discography

cant wait for everyone envying my username and after that winning best username at the lipster awards

and also for giving me Margaret

1 minute ago, Let the Light In said:

Is there a possibility we could get production credits before the album release?

Where do they usually even come from? I know we usually somehow find a whole list of instruments used and credits for who played them but I can’t find any post from past threads that say where those usually come from. 

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

Where do they usually even come from? I know we usually somehow find a whole list of instruments used and credits for who played them but I can’t find any post from past threads that say where those usually come from. 

genius i think?

4 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Keep expectations very low

Not this. :pout:

also kind of against locking the thread (not that my opinion matters) especially now because it seems like we may be days away from news that could drop at any moment. It would have made more sense to lock it when there was literally 0 signs of life in early January. 

1 minute ago, LifeOnMars said:

It looks like partial instrumental/producer credits are up here. Anyone want to translate to english?

https://www.25music.de/11593369,4,lp,-,lana-del-rey,did-you-know-that-there-s-a-tunnel-under-oceanblvd,-,pop,602448591913,060244859191.html

OMFG ????????

1 minute ago, LifeOnMars said:

It looks like partial instrumental/producer credits are up here. Anyone want to translate to english?

https://www.25music.de/11593369,4,lp,-,lana-del-rey,did-you-know-that-there-s-a-tunnel-under-oceanblvd,-,pop,602448591913,060244859191.html

can we forget everything and MOVE AT THIS????? not the bg ladies credited on The Grants pls i am going yo be the best song

10 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

screenshots (translated by google): *not correctly formatted lol*

Spoiler

SO9icjD.pngRmvJa6X.pngU38X5eq.pngErUNtKB.png3oy3qdJ.png3ShwE7n.pngxPhxCiO.png

sUcVobB.png

3 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

I'm not sure how accurate this is, it says for example Kintsugi has drums, synths, guitar and piano but BoZ said it's piano only.