Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, drugsdesire said:

do we see a mv for ocean boulevard dropping soon (friday perhaps?) or is that not happening?

i think it will get a video but i don't think we're getting it until later in the month or maybe even january

it could even be a few months since the BB video dropped on the day of the album coming out despite the single being released months before

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, your dealer said:

Lana is literally on Instagram right now. She knows what we want and what we need and she’s just there scrolling :trisha:

fr i just saw that she commented on chuck's post LANA PLEASE WE NEED YOU

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

i think it will get a video but i don't think we're getting it until later in the month or maybe even january

it could even be a few months since the BB video dropped on the day of the album coming out despite the single being released months before

ah, makes sense. i do wish it would come out soon because march is so far away and i need to see those gorgeous visuals in action

3 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Is album trailer confirmed? Did I miss something? 

No I don't think so 

I was just deluluing:bebe:

But didn't BOZ said they should have used The Grants for the album trailer, so does this mean there is one :um2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 hour ago, Fart Deco said:

American Whore will be Venice Bitch slutty sister I can feel it :makeup2:

imagine if AW's biggers sisters are Cola and FMWUTTT :umadney:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I hope we get a music video and merch drop tomorrow :true:

I could also see this song not getting a music video though (or perhaps just a homemade one), but the next single will probably have a big music video, so a release schedule like LMLYLAW and Chemtrails

Also what if AW&J stands for "American Whore and Jesus" like a Mary Magdalene thing :oopna:

I don't know how I feel about this thought but perhaps american whore describes how she "sinned" and then the pastor's sermon is about "forgiving her" or her changing her life or something 

Kind of in the vein of Gods and monsters to Bel Air in Tropico :um2:

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

No I don't think so 

I was just deluluing:bebe:

good. it's still delulucember after all :true:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Also I don't if we talked about it but could Fingertips be track 9 since it has only Lana & Drew in the writing credits :um2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

i've no idea what's going on w the sermon thing/ song titles etc. but from what i know, the album's coming in march. i can't even really bring myself to listen to the song too many times cus, pacing, but also it can be a lot to. 

but i'm pacing this and listening to it meaningfully so the magic's preserved. 

someone'll probably make a super post and i'll check details then but rn, i'm just going w it 

UV/Honeymoon

11 minutes ago, the ocean said:

I think BB was a different case because of the scrapped video -which was most likely recycled from a COCC video- she teased

and I believe they shot both videos (Arcadia 1 and BB) the day they did the album photoshoot

I don’t know if this makes sense to anyone else (or if it’s been mentioned already), but I almost feel like TUOB is probably the MAC of the record, and I think that has really neat implications for the rest of LDR9. 

In my opinion, they both have a very timeless quality and include vulnerable declarations about her inner self and personal commitments. Though I never got a ton of replay from MAC, I still think it’s a lovely song with gorgeous lyrics with an almost spiritual undertone.

Neither songs feel particularly showy to me, yet they don’t really need to be—they feel like conversations that come from a quiet, yearning place, and I think the production suits this spiritual quality. 

I don’t see myself returning to the title track a ton, but that’s mostly because it doesn’t resonate with me currently despite me thinking it’s some of her best lyricism. Although I was hoping for a noticeable change sonically for this song specifically (just a personal preference tbh), I still think it’s one of her best in a while! 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

45 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I’m not going to get into a religious conversation/argument, and I’m not going to claim to know how her church works or what the messages are, but not every word of a sermon is preachy.

It’s very possible the message is something about peace of mind/letting go of the past/finding joys in the everyday. 

everyone hears pastor and automatically assumes we’re getting some “I’m better than you. God knows all” message and that’s not typically how every church service goes every single time. If Lana is including it on her album, whatever the message is, was obviously very important to her and struck something inside her 

A broken clock is right twice a day so no big deal right? I don't want to take it out on you, but damn.

I don't care if the interlude it's just "god bless", "be nice to others and good comes right back", "love yourself, forgive yourself" or some peace of mind bullshit. Anyone can say that. Anyone is capable of giving an enlightenment speech. I'm just annoyed that this guy probably is a religious homophobe and Lana knows it/doesn't knows it/let's it pass and puts him in a song just for the vision of the album. Like why does it have to be someone like him? It makes me sad and frustrated without even hearing the album :noparty: I was so excited for March and this feels like a let down. 

But yeah, let's wait and see. Just for the vibez

And yeah, this is my trauma jumping out! lol

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

59 minutes ago, the ocean said:

well i'm certainly skeptical of it considering that he's her pastor and she's spoken about going to him for guidance - and he's also said some... questionable things about lgbtq+ people - nothing outright homophobic but certainly strange and i just don't really have a great feeling about it :bebe:

hoping that you're right and that it's not that significant but i do have a legitimate right to be concerned and i've seen others express the same concern as well

Her boyfriend is openly bisexual, this woman constantly contradicts herself working with abusers, pastors -it’s not a new thing etc I doubt she overly thinks about it-she just takes the good and leaves what she doesn’t like 

Also I shouldn’t be embarrassed to admit this but I actually cried listening to the title track & I never do, much less with a song I don’t identify a ton with???

Maybe it’s just end-of-the-semester stress, but the song is just so raw. The vulnerability is palpable, and comparing herself to a forgotten tunnel in a world where millions feel they understand her is heartbreaking, really. It almost has an existential undertone like that of Landslide as well. 

It really goes to show how much she’s grown as an artist by being able to move people with fairly obscure, highly individualized life experiences in a—by many current literary standards—successful poetic fashion. 

I genuinely believe she’s making the music that fulfills her, and it’s really inspiring seeing how her old covers of tracks like Chelsea Hotel No. 2, Goodbye Kiss, etc. are reflected in her music today.

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath