Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

You probably mentioned it, but the « see you in September » post from Neil is surely from the LDR9 photoshoot… 

So this means they either delayed the album rollout or he reused the Lana shoot for Weyes Blood?

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

So this means they either delayed the album rollout or he reused the Lana shoot for Weyes Blood?

tbh i think the pictures of the waves were never shot with the intention of them being used for ldr9, i think the initial “see you in sept” was about weyes, and at some point down the line lana was like “oh those waves are cute. can i use them for my vinyl pretty please”

I hope we get a couple of new pictures for each single like the DIK (song) ones. They are really different from the album ones and it would be a nice way of completing an already amazing photoshoot.

White Dress had a single cover and we already had the album one so maybe there's hope :flutter:

giphy.gif

Okay everyone I'm in a need of a little assistance bc im an indecisive whore

I'm trying to decide where I want to travel to experience the album for the first time. I began this tradition back with chemtrails. I flew out to LA, took some edibles and listened to the album as the sun came up by the Hollywood sign on release day. With Blue Banisters, I took a scenic drive through the country side. Here are my options for Ocean Blvd.

Northern California (Sunset)

Cannon Beach in Oregon (Sunset)

Somewhere in the mountains (maybe Colorado?)

A Flower Field in my home state

Any suggestions are highly appreciated! Thanks darlings :kiss2:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Just mentioning it here… 

lustforlife, before committing his LB suicide, did mention that this album would have piano but much more instrumentation. And he said she had collabed with a lot of artist in many genres but they didn’t know yet what would make the album if any :blush3:

5 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

My guess is that he used a scrap from his Lana shoot and was referring to Weyes, but it’s not that far-fetched to think the album should have been out before March if the theft hadn’t occurred 

6 minutes ago, brandon said:

tbh i think the pictures of the waves were never shot with the intention of them being used for ldr9, i think the initial “see you in sept” was about weyes, and at some point down the line lana was like “oh those waves are cute. can i use them for my vinyl pretty please”

I interpreted the waves (that are in the DNC logo and his posts) to be for the ocean in Ocean Boulevard, but maybe that's just coincidence.

7 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

Okay everyone I'm in a need of a little assistance bc im an indecisive whore

I'm trying to decide where I want to travel to experience the album for the first time. I began this tradition back with chemtrails. I flew out to LA, took some edibles and listened to the album as the sun came up by the Hollywood sign on release day. With Blue Banisters, I took a scenic drive through the country side. Here are my options for Ocean Blvd.

Northern California (Sunset)

Cannon Beach in Oregon (Sunset)

Somewhere in the mountains (maybe Colorado?)

A Flower Field in my home state

Any suggestions are highly appreciated! Thanks darlings :kiss2:

Aw what a great tradition! My vote is NorCal at sunset for sure. With the imagery of Ocean Blvd, you need to be on the pacific coast, and it’s only right that you honour the infamous Del Norte County by being in that region! California is a must for any Lana album that makes explicit mention to the elements of nature lol, and I’m a big proponent of the phrase, west coast, best coast. 🌊

7 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Anyone else a bit scared of the bleachers collab?!!

yeah :bebe:

and i have this gnawing feeling it could be american whore and i really really really really really hope it's not

i've kind of accepted that there's always going to be a couple songs on each album that i just won't like - AKA, UV & honeymoon are the only albums where i don't feel like this so nn

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

OMG! I needed day to process my emotions. The way we always win year after year as Lana stans. The songwriting is giving Blue Bannisters + LMLYLAW. The orchestration is giving Paradise and Honeymoon. The way the song starts chill and builds into a huge climax is giving Chemtrails song. I love BB and COCC but these are very stripped back and low key albums. Ocean Boulevard is just big and grand and powerful. If this song is any indicator, it’s seeming like this may be her best and biggest album since NFR. Also, maybe I’m completely off base here, but is anyone else hearing a subtle vagina metaphor in the title of song/album in the way she sings about this forgotten and unused tunnel, and the way she sings about her fear of being alone and unloved? “Don’t forget me! Like the tunnel under Ocean Boulevard”

I literally haven't stopped thinking about this album since yesterday. The next 92 days are gonna be brutal :eartha:

imageproxy.jpg

6 minutes ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

Also, maybe I’m completely off base here, but is anyone else hearing a subtle vagina metaphor in the title of song/album in the way she sings about this forgotten and unused tunnel, and the way she sings about her fear of being alone and unloved? “Don’t forget me! Like the tunnel under Ocean Boulevard”

Her vagina should not be empty!!!! 

3 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

after one of Boz teas i believe that she entered into her Taylor Swift era and some captions are song titles:true:

Track 10- hbd love u so much

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

ok this has probably been mentioned before but lana is referencing this movie in her cover: 

73246132c6a7c14ea00c26507b3985f44abec2b1

and i was wondering why would she do that, what is this movie about? 

well, here’s a description from google: 

In this film adaptation of a Tennessee Williams play, Alva is a radiant Southern belle who clashes with her oppressive mother, Hazel. Hazel is trying to force Alva to take an affluent husband, but the young woman has eyes for Owen Legate, a handsome city slicker visiting their tiny Mississippi town. Hazel disapproves of Owen and forces him to stop seeing her daughter. In an act of revenge, Alva takes up with her mother's beau, J.J.

then here’s a rotten tomato review:

Natalie Wood plays Alva Starr, the glamour queen of a local boarding house with a nymphomaniac mother who literarily pimps her daughter to draw more business. Regardless of the sordidness of her circumstances, Alva beautifies the grim facts of life with her girlish imaginations, expecting the father who deserted the family would return to her bosom someday. 

so we got mommy issues, daddy issues, dating mom’s boyfriend, glamour queen, and a boarding school…lizzy grant is here bitches. :smokes3: also, i feel like this is the inspiration for american whore. 

here are some pictures from the film: 

(these remind me of the alternate vinyl covers)

49671551c51a46d6a804574e8e06c2c09f36ae6e

6217214840b7cacd9db23ab1b2bfb672bc48798a

04144648ed4ce3ad166eb276e05e774ca83f0ac5

536266655ea577794feec75117dfcb95838b2e55

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

1 minute ago, cherrytropico said:

ok this has probably been mentioned before but lana is referencing this movie in her cover: 

73246132c6a7c14ea00c26507b3985f44abec2b1

and i was wondering why would she do that, what is this movie about?

well, here’s a description from google: 

In this film adaptation of a Tennessee Williams play, Alva is a radiant Southern belle who clashes with her oppressive mother, Hazel. Hazel is trying to force Alva to take an affluent husband, but the young woman has eyes for Owen Legate, a handsome city slicker visiting their tiny Mississippi town. Hazel disapproves of Owen and forces him to stop seeing her daughter. In an act of revenge, Alva takes up with her mother's beau, J.J.

then here’s a rotten tomato review:

Natalie Wood plays Alva Starr, the glamour queen of a local boarding house with a nymphomaniac mother who literarily pimps her daughter to draw more business. Regardless of the sordidness of her circumstances, Alva beautifies the grim facts of life with her girlish imaginations, expecting the father who deserted the family would return to her bosom someday.

so we got mommy issues, daddy issues, dating mom’s boyfriend, glamour queen, and a boarding school…lizzy grant is here bitches. :smokes3: also, i feel like this is the inspiration for american whore.

laminating my stan card for this alone honestly

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif