Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:
  Hide contents

I relistened to the snippet :bebe: yeah I know it’s bad but… and I still can’t make out what it sounds like -

its too short :pft:

that is my biggest interest on the album. I’m wondering if that is the early version that she had as an audio note or the finished version by Drew that she is really hyping up

and also for giving me Margaret

1 hour ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

Okay everyone I'm in a need of a little assistance bc im an indecisive whore

I'm trying to decide where I want to travel to experience the album for the first time. I began this tradition back with chemtrails. I flew out to LA, took some edibles and listened to the album as the sun came up by the Hollywood sign on release day. With Blue Banisters, I took a scenic drive through the country side. Here are my options for Ocean Blvd.

Northern California (Sunset)

Cannon Beach in Oregon (Sunset)

Somewhere in the mountains (maybe Colorado?)

A Flower Field in my home state

Any suggestions are highly appreciated! Thanks darlings :kiss2:

I've been to all of those places (with potential exception to the flower field in your home state dkjfdknfd) but I think the obvious choice is Northern California for the DNC reference. However, I'd personally go with Cannon Beach in Oregon, especially if it's foggy. There's something so ominous and yet calming about the dense fog near Haystack Rock. On a less romantic note if you're into dairy the Tillamook factory is about an hour south of the beach and if you're a slut for cheese like I am then it's totally worth a visit :wub:

Spoiler

AdobeStock_182351397-1500x1000.jpeg

rainy_day_jcstyling_55963379-4c2a-46db-9

33 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

One thing I liked about COCC and BB, for the most part, was the way many of the songs revealed a stronger, more independent, free-thinking Lana, like the COCC title track, 'NAWWAL,'  'Dance 'Til We Die,' 'IYLDWM,' Arcadia,' 'Violets For Roses,' 'WFWF'--a woman in control of herself and her life.

It seems to me that 'Ocean Boulevard' back-peddles on that significantly, though of course it has its own life and is from a different album, and doesn't necessarily, by any means, have to reflect how Lana feels about herself, or about herself now, any more than the singer/narrator of 'Swan Song,' 'Money Power Glory' or 'In My Feelings' necessarily genuinely reflected her life and personality.

I'm not saying I think it's a bad message or anything like that--obviously most people feel like that at some point in their lives. 

One thing I’ve discovered in my own life is that the push-pull of one’s behaviour never quite goes away. As in, I’m generally better in self-image and how I’m trying to approach love now than I used to be, but I still can be brought down by it in that it is still there to be resisted, often on an ongoing basis. Sometimes you have to briefly backpedal and acknowledge that part of you in an earnest and honest manner.

I remember when i was in high school, ever since i became a Lana stan, whenever she announces a tracklist, i always spent a long time in the classroom to just... casually write her songtitles from that album i was yet to hear then, over & over again, its like she casts a spell on me, my hands just moved by themselves.

Even now, i find myself just casually writes "American Whore" on any piece of paper / notebook i found since yesterday :krylie: and i was doing my assignments 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

12 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

One thing I liked about COCC and BB, for the most part, was the way many of the songs revealed a stronger, more independent, free-thinking Lana, like the COCC title track, 'NAWWAL,'  'Dance 'Til We Die,' 'IYLDWM,' Arcadia,' 'Violets For Roses,' 'WFWF'--a woman in control of herself and her life.

It seems to me that 'Ocean Boulevard' back-peddles on that significantly, though of course it has its own life and is from a different album, and doesn't necessarily, by any means, have to reflect how Lana feels about herself, or about herself now, any more than the singer/narrator of 'Swan Song,' 'Money Power Glory' or 'In My Feelings' necessarily genuinely reflected her life and personality.

I'm not saying I think it's a bad message or anything like that--obviously most people feel like that at some point in their lives. 

I like your POV on it and kinda had the same thought. I do love however the vulnerability of that song. 
that being said :oprah3: learning to love oneself is not a linear line and is more like a wave 🌊 (DNC, everyone?) : it comes and it goes and maybe this song is sorta « setback » to old tropes? 

20 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I wonder which collabs (if any) will be released as singles. I could totally see the Tommy Genesis one being a fun little treat 

honestly idc which songs are official singles, i just hope we get some nice visuals for some like Shades of Cool and the NFR film 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I hope we get something in the vein of Pawn Shop Blues lyrics-wise, it's always had some of my favorite Lana lyrics:crying4:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

The first fingertips snippet really sound just like a voice memo. The second one has better vocals (and I'd be shocked if those are from a voice memo too cause they sound professionally recorded) but I don't think it's the final version either :um2:

I'm really curious about that song cause the process behind it sounds like a wild ride since Lana referenced twice already (in the w magazine and in the letter she posted yesterday)

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

Okay everyone I'm in a need of a little assistance bc im an indecisive whore

I'm trying to decide where I want to travel to experience the album for the first time. I began this tradition back with chemtrails. I flew out to LA, took some edibles and listened to the album as the sun came up by the Hollywood sign on release day. With Blue Banisters, I took a scenic drive through the country side. Here are my options for Ocean Blvd.

Northern California (Sunset)

Cannon Beach in Oregon (Sunset)

Somewhere in the mountains (maybe Colorado?)

A Flower Field in my home state

Any suggestions are highly appreciated! Thanks darlings :kiss2:

Camarillo, since the city is mentioned in the song

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Anyone else a bit scared of the bleachers collab?!!

if they gonna serve 80s pop rock/new wave excellence like American Teenager i'm here for it:true:

55 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I was super busy at work yesterday and could barely listen to the song once but…

dis I miss some possible trauma PTSD when we found out there were SIX collabs ?!? :thumb3: (like: « oh no, not LFL 2.0 »)

Personally yes I did, but then

Spoiler

I was informed the SYML or whatever collab is just a sample of piano from of one of his wordless tracks and Judah Smith is a pastor, so likely an interlude or spoken passage just sampled.

Still worried about this Tommy Genesis collab but I trust Lana. 

8V7Yvel.png

2 minutes ago, Golden Hour said:

Personally yes I did, but then

Hide contents

I was informed the SYML or whatever collab is just a sample of piano from of one of his wordless tracks and Judah Smith is a pastor, so likely an interlude or spoken passage just sampled.

Still worried about this Tommy Genesis collab but I trust Lana. 

Oh!!!
Not that I was scared (I like all of the LFL collabs), but I thought six for 14 songs was a lot… so 4 collab tracks out of 14 is good)
which brings us to the real question: could Lana really release an album as cohesive as UV or HM? :oprah3: (COCC doesn’t count: she said herself it was cut short in its creative process because of fucking COVID).