Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I'm trying to keep my expectations on Sweet low as everything is telling me that it's similar to the demo version of Beautiful (piano ballad with nice strings but nothing else is interesting) so I end up being surprised when it's actually good and adds something to the album

At least it looks like it's better than Beautiful lyrically

10 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I think A&W will end up disappointing a lot of people, because Kintsugi seems much more reliable in terms of taste than BoZ, and he rarely talks about those first four tracks :oic2:

A&W was one of the first tracks they talked about and they said we aren't ready for it.

3 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

A&W was one of the first tracks they talked about and they said we aren't ready for it.

Good to know, thanks

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

There's no way A&W won't be amazing. Say what you want about Jack but if he's hyping it as the best thing they've ever done together after some of the masterpieces they've created and it's 7 minutes long it's gotta be for a reason. We're in for a jawdropper :true:

5 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Good to know, thanks

But yes they do prefer the second half, so likely Sweet or The Grants is the song that they like the least. Meaning they didn't explicitly say anything positive about these songs apart from what they are about or lyrics. But I guess speculating like this is pointless :bebe:

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

There's no way A&W won't be amazing. Say what you want about Jack but if he's hyping it as the best thing they've ever done together after some of the masterpieces they've created and it's 7 minutes long it's gotta be for a reason. We're in for a jawdropper :true:

Also all of her long songs are bangers. Venice Bitch, Cruel World, Heroin and so on

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

3 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

But yes they do prefer the second half, so likely Sweet or The Grants is the song that they like the least. At least they didn't explicitly say anything positive about these songs apart from what they are about or lyrics. But I guess speculating like this is pointless :bebe:

I just need this album to be released. :trisha:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

I just need this album to be released. :trisha:

I know that I'll eat up all the songs, even the Bleachers collab. I listened a bit to his music and Jack's voice is fine for one song :agree: Only the interludes scare me a bit.

4 minutes ago, DCooper said:

agree bc even as someone who doesn't particularly love the bulk of Jacks work, I've always found he correctly can identify the banger of each album. He said The Greatest was his fave off NFR & White Dress off COTCC, he wasn't wrong- those really are solid top 3s on their respective albums & in fact some of the best in her entire discog too. 

I always trust Jack's fave so I don't think A&W will disappoint!

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

I know that I'll eat up all the songs, even the Bleachers collab. I listened a bit to his music and Jack's voice is fine for one song :agree: Only the interludes scare me a bit.

I'm not even worried about the interludes because like Burnt Norton, I know I'll only listen to them when I listen to the album as a whole 

Margaret has so many instruments :trisha:

i genuinely have no worries at all for this album besides cohesion, which after seeing the credits and instruments, it seems like that won’t be much of a problem as long as A&W and Peppers compliment each other well. i’m not even worried for the interludes, i definitely think they’re going to add a lot to the album and make front-to-back listens feel so much more sequenced and put together and intentional. i still think this will be her magnum opus; if Ultraviolence is Lana’s Blue and NFR and is Lana’s Court and Spark, Ocean Blvd will be her Hejira

4 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i genuinely have no worries at all for this album besides cohesion, which after seeing the credits and instruments, it seems like that won’t be much of a problem as long as A&W and Peppers compliment each other well. i’m not even worried for the interludes, i definitely think they’re going to add a lot to the album and make front-to-back listens feel so much sequenced and put together and intentional. i still think this will be her magnum opus; if Ultraviolence is Lana’s Blue and NFR and is Lana’s Court and Spark, Ocean Blvd will be her Hejira

Personally, I don’t care about cohesiveness. I just want beautiful quality music. I’m actually excited for the pastor interlude, I hope it is a little creepy 

Just now, Lanaparadiserey said:

Personally, I don’t care about cohesiveness. I just want beautiful quality music 

well that’s why i shared my opinion! personally i think cohesiveness in a body of work is what makes good songs a good album

Just now, lilac heaven said:

well that’s why i shared my opinion! personally i think cohesiveness in a body of work is what makes good songs a good album

i agree! if the album isn’t cohesive, but all the songs are amazing, it automatically gets bumped down from a 10/10 to 7/10. 

24 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

its all about getting used to the male voices on the record. 

FJM has a gorgeous voice in my opinion and he is also SOTB’d so it is not a problem for those who dislike male voices

Jack voice is annoying af on that anti hero remix (which is how a lot of people first discovered him apart from producing) but when he is not bursting lines like “art bro lately” he has an acceptable voice

Even tho I’m not a fan of Jon’s voice, I have to admit he is a great producer and he will slay his song that most likely Lana stuck in her own record

And finally, as a person with religious trauma, every preacher voice will ever sound the same for me, but that’s what I think will make more interesting his interlude with the “eerie” and “unhinged” vibe 

and also for giving me Margaret

7 minutes ago, The Grants said:

Would you eat off my Candy Necklace? 

Necklace made by stringing candies

Onto a ribbon, piece of elastic, or thick thread

In theory, someone could both wear and eat it

Nibbling until all that's left is the core 

There's a name for it in English

It's candy necklace

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

9 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

I do agree. Like I think NFR! is cohesive-ish. It has upbeat songs like Doin’ Time and Best American Record but overall, it has a very cohesive theme. That is kinda what I think this record will be like. Maybe not sound 100% cohesive but the themes will show a strong connection. Like what BOZ said, it is like a personal diary