Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, Selfloathinpoet said:

Do you guys think Kintsugi knows when the next single is coming/tour info/album campaign info or he just had the chance to listen to the album earlier?

Idk, they really only share tea about the music itself. But it isn’t impossible 

I think we should give Drew another chance. I don't think Blue Banisters was a project she gave as much attention to as it deserved, so it's difficult to assess right now if Drew & Lana just don't work, or if Drew's work on Blue Banisters was potentially rushed as the project. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

the way Drew is a producer on both her magnum opus black bathing suit and the worst song she has ever done beautiful…. duality of a man i guess

and also for giving me Margaret

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

I think we should give Drew another chance. I don't think Blue Banisters was a project she gave as much attention to as it deserved, so it's difficult to assess right now if Drew & Lana just don't work, or if Drew's work on Blue Banisters was potentially rushed as the project. 

Drew helped on Watercolor Eyes and even if it is a simple song, it does sound very polish and beautiful

As an example, this instrumental (produced by Jack Antonoff) sounds unmistakably like a Lana instrumental, it’s crafted around the lyrics:

Whereas this just sounds like a random melody, there’s no Lana atmosphere to it:

BUT, I’m hopeful to see what Drew brings to Tunnel. I hope he proves me wrong but I’m just not sold on him yet.

I’m not really a fan of much that Drew and Lana have done together either, besides Arcadia, however my quarrels about their songs together are just as much with Lana’s contribution as Drew’s. i’m not a fan of the arrangements or compositions especially on Beautiful and Violets for Roses, and the way those songs were tracked, produced, and mixed is not for me, however I think those songs also have some core issues structurally and melodically (which is all Lana). i do really love Arcadia, i think Lana and Drew have the potential to make some beautiful things together as long as the songs that Lana brings him are actually good at their core, which imo hasn’t necessarily been much of the case. but hopefully that’s changed for Ocean Blvd! i have a good feeling it has

16 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Dealer is simply ok. It’s popular because of the iconic “I don’t wanna live,” but I don’t think it’s a notable song in Lana’s discography.

Oh my godd I try to respect other people's opinion here but what the hell is that :rip:

Anyways I bet some of you will be switching as soon you will hear this record

Edit: didn't mean to be mean omg

Seems Drew was the main producer for Ocean Blvd (or at least he did the demo) and that song turned out perfectly :agree: Black Bathing Suit, IYLDWM are also really good. Arcadia and Violets For Roses are pretty but the orchestral elements are a bit too stripped back for my liking. Beautiful was simply rushed / unfinished.

23 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

So is the "Weddings! Funerals!" only from that Whitney meme or is it also because of the topic of the song?

It's about her family so both could be :um2:

The title The Grants is giving family saga, the ups and the downs. I think it's going to be an emotional rollercoaster of a track that opens up an emotional rollercoaster of an album :crying4:

Yeah, the title track is kinda miles better than any of Drew's work on Blue Banisters. We have "Sweet," "The Grants," "Fingertips" and "Let the Light In" to judge, and we've heard nothing but amazing things about three of these songs.

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

As an example, this instrumental (produced by Jack Antonoff) sounds unmistakably like a Lana instrumental, it’s crafted around the lyrics:

Whereas this just sounds like a random melody, there’s no Lana atmosphere to it:

BUT, I’m hopeful to see what Drew brings to Tunnel. I hope he proves me wrong but I’m just not sold on him yet.

wow, this is my first time listening to COCC's instrumental. Absolutely stunning :ohmy: I love it when her instrumentals have hidden intricacies that you wouldn't normally hear with her voice over them, like the bongos in VB. There's this almost cold, droning quality to it near the end. Hoping for more intricate textures and sounds in Tunnel, which isn't a stretch because the title song is already absolutely crazy with its instrumentation and production.

sgopYhV.gif

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Yeah, the title track is kinda miles better than any of Drew's work on Blue Banisters. We have "Sweet," "The Grants," "Fingertips" and "Let the Light In" to judge, and we've heard nothing but amazing things about three of these songs.

Sweet being ignored again lmao

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 minute ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Sweet being ignored again lmao

I just don't see it being all that good :crying4: I love "Love Song," but one was enough for a while

3 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

wow, this is my first time listening to COCC's instrumental. Absolutely stunning :ohmy: I love it when her instrumentals have hidden intricacies that you wouldn't normally hear with her voice over them, like the bongos in VB. There's this almost cold, droning quality to it near the end. Hoping for more intricate textures and sounds in Tunnel, which isn't a stretch because the title song is already absolutely crazy with its instrumentation and production.

Oh yes, Jack is the king of world building. It’s like he actually listens to what Lana’s trying to say and complements that with the production. Love the meandering, eery quality that COCC’s production evokes

10 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

the random Sweet shade :sass:

and also for giving me Margaret