Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Another week of silence incoming :azealia:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

when you open this thread after 17h hoping for some real news and it's just the 1254th post that says "hey guys did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd?" or " Harry Nilsson has a song, his voice breaks at 2:05"

:icant::bebe:

reading this knowing damn well im responsible for a good chunk of the  "Harry Nilsson has a song" ones :true: (im sorry everyone)

Just now, DCooper said:

I've decided to become a Sweet/Candy Necklace double Valentine's release truther :wowcry:

YESSSSSSS :oprah4: 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I'd actually rather not have too much information regarding who produces her albums anymore. Before i became a super fan of Lana i had no idea what was behind the music, all i heard was how beautiful it was. I became a fan during the Honeymoon era and i didn't know about Rick Knowles or Dan or anyone she's worked with for that matter. But i think if i had read all of the critique about them before listening to those early albums, it would've tainted my experience a lot. I think this is majorly present for me when looking at Lust for Life. That was the era when i joined this forum but i think i would've loved the album even more if i hadn't heard all of the jokes about Rick etc. I think it's a case of ignorance being blissful. And if i had no idea about all of the Jack Antonoff hate i probably would've went into NFR with a more open mind and with less judgment on every little sound and detail. I miss those innocent days :xcry:

Rick is still my favourite producer though, i don't care what anyone says. :oprah:

There is definitely a loss of innocence as years go by. I think it's hard to have a 100% open mind beforehand, or be completely oblivious to who produces her record before they are released, because Lana is more or less transparent about the process--she teases about her collaborators before the release every era, probably out of excitement for what's to come for her fans.

That being said I agree 1000%. But I will say that I didn't dislike Jack's production on NFR having a prior knowledge of his production creds on other albums, I just didn't vibe with the most of the production on that album, because of the album itself. I still venture to say that despite suffering from similar flaws, Chemtrails sounded much better. Even the new song sounds better overall imho, definitely no more white noises, there is presence of bass, more obvious percussions, better balance of vocals/instrumentation, etc. I hope we have some Venice Bitch or White Dress moments on that album, because despite Jack not being my favourite, I think those songs are career highlights. :true:

I do believe that the best is yet to come. :hair:

35 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Another week of silence incoming :azealia:

Nah, count on this delulu bunch to get a crumb of info and turn it into 40 new pages of expectations / speculation :flop: (and :bitchfight: before it gets removed to the random topic thread)

30 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I've decided to become a Sweet/Candy Necklace double Valentine's release truther :wowcry:

Same :true: VDay approaching must be messing with my brain… :bebe:

@Fingertips your impact!

I know it’s way too early to talk about this and it’s probably nothing, but all of Lana albums has a « signature » sound so far… 

UV comes easily to mind, with its jazzy electric guitar, HM has lots of strings… NFR is neo Laurel Canyon- melotron infused… COCC is midwest- folky… 

What if TUOB’s signature sound is… samples? :assad:  VB will be sampled on Taco Truck, the collabs with RIOPY, Syml, Tommy, AK are all samples… The title track’s end reminds me a lot of the end of Dance Till We Die… :assad:

6 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I know it’s way too early to talk about this and it’s probably nothing, but all of Lana albums has a « signature » sound so far… 

UV comes easily to mind, with its jazzy electric guitar, HM has lots of strings… NFR is neo Laurel Canyon- melotron infused… COCC is midwest- folky… 

What if TUOB’s signature sound is… samples? :assad:  VB will be sampled on Taco Truck, the collabs with RIOPY, Syml, Tommy, AK are all samples… The title track’s end reminds me a lot of the end of Dance Till We Die… :assad:

TUOB is bedroom orchestral, dirty trap beats, and stream of consciousness lyricism :et:

23 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

The way you excluded BB :thumb2: As you should honestly

3 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

The way you excluded BB :thumb2: As you should honestly

Yeah I feel exposed :omfg2: although I enjoy very much BB, what is its sound? Piano (excluding Nectar of the Gods) and

Light orchestra?!? Is that even a « signature sound? »… ? Lyrically, it’s clear what this album is about (telling her own story, passed traumas and relationship failures), but the sound of it is a bit hard to find… 

53 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

since TUOB has been theorized by some to be a kind of ending to the cycle of 'new' Lana albums (LFL - BB), it seems like TUOB will be an amalgamation of the best parts of all these previous albums...and/or an improvement on some of their weaker aspects. That's exactly how the title track made me feel immediately. LFL's collabs and *trap* (although I feel like A&W will be more 'alt-pop' than trap but I haven't heard it yet lol), NFR's warm, summery nostalgic feeling, COCC/BB's...idk how to describe it but the title track sounds like a mixture of LMLYLAW and IYLDWM, so I guess their melodies and storytelling. ugh I'm just so excited :deadbanana: 

sgopYhV.gif

1 minute ago, Obduration said:

What if candy necklace comes out on Valentine’s Day :flutter:

At this point, any song coming at any time would do the trick for me, even the interludes :true: 

But yeah, Candy Necklace on VDay would be lovely 🥰 

1 hour ago, WhitehotOcean said:

the only thing i can do is hoping for a new kintsuji return

I love them to death, but unless they provide new info about the rollout, it’s HER that needs to do something this week… Kintsugi was generous enough to give us a lot of info on the songs, but its not promo :judgingu:

5 minutes ago, Obduration said:

What if candy necklace comes out on Valentine’s Day :flutter:

"Burning Desire" flashbacks

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing