Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

A part of me feels like this isn't necessarily the lead, as always we get a promo/lana track. Thinking the single she drops closer to release will be the lead and she may work on a video for it between now and then. That's just me speculating though.

I'm honestly down for whatever though, video no video. It isn't that important to me. I'm just excited for the album itself and the build up to it lol! 

Edited by DLT
More thoughts.

2 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Music video is filmed by chuck and she is just wandering around her hotel room in lace 

this sounds like such a serve compared to what we’ve recently gotten in the mv department her heating up a block of cheese in a microwave, her driving a tractor and n*kk*’s hillbilly ass sitting in a golf cart :angie:

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

this sounds like such a serve compared to what we’ve recently gotten in the mv department her heating up a block of cheese in a microwave, her driving a tractor and n*kk*’s hillbilly ass sitting in a golf cart :angie:

NOT THE BLOCK OF CHEESE :trisha:

i think we might get a mv for the second single which will be the single, DYKTTATUOB was a very introductory song, not a song to get streams. that's why it was a surprise release. my theory is that DNC will be the second single (Venice Bitch jacket, VB second single for NFR - DNC jacket, DNC second single for the album)

3 minutes ago, tulsaglory said:

i think we might get a mv for the second single which will be the single, DYKTTATUOB was a very introductory song, not a song to get streams. that's why it was a surprise release. my theory is that DNC will be the second single (Venice Bitch jacket, VB second single for NFR - DNC jacket, DNC second single for the album)

Def think we will get a more proper single as well, not really knowing the tracklist though there isn't a lot to go off of. I wouldn't be surprised if A&W ended up being the single though. The way it was described and it being so wild and out there so to speak makes me feel like maybe they'd want to hype it up. It'd be kind of cute having both VB and A&W as singles, their titles and both being Jack partnerships.

2 hours ago, tulsaglory said:

i know y'all hated Blue Banisters and are afraid that we're getting another one of those, but BB was made in FIVE MONTHS if not less, and was full of scraps.

wait okay i actually did just want to point out that Blue Banisters was actually recorded simultaneously alongside Chemtrails; the first song recorded that’s not an outtake was Beautiful in February 2020, and the last song recorded was Sweet Carolina in June 2021. Ocean Blvd as an album is actually the one recorded in around 5 months, but that doesn’t really mean anything considering that most of UV was tracked in 6 weeks too

2 minutes ago, DLT said:

Def think we will get a more proper single as well, not really knowing the tracklist though there isn't a lot to go off of. I wouldn't be surprised if A&W ended up being the single though. The way it was described and it being so wild and out there so to speak makes me feel like maybe they'd want to hype it up. It'd be kind of cute having both VB and A&W as singles, their titles and both being Jack partnerships.

yeah im kinda hoping AW is the second single cause that title is so iconic :krylie: its definitely gonna catch people's attention 

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

wait okay i actually did just want to point out that Blue Banisters was actually recorded simultaneously alongside Chemtrails; the first song recorded that’s not an outtake was Beautiful in February 2020, and the last song recorded was Sweet Carolina in June 2021. Ocean Blvd as an album is actually the one recorded in around 5 months, but that doesn’t really mean anything considering that most of UV was tracked in 6 weeks too

ok this makes BB even worse

7 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

the first song recorded that’s not an outtake was Beautiful in February 2020

That's actually not true, the source for this is an Aprils fools' post by sayyestoheaven on Instagram.

I wanted to edit the wiki entry but didn't get to it yet. It's likely one of the last recorded songs since the strings version didn't finish in time, but that's just me speculating based on what BoZ said a while ago.

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

That's actually not true, the source for this is an Aprils fools' post by sayyestoheaven on Instagram.

I wanted to edit the wiki entry but didn't get to it yet. It's likely one of the last recorded songs since the strings version didn't finish in time, but that's just me speculating based on what BoZ said a while ago.

oh damn really? that’s… such minuscule and irrelevant information to make an April Fools prank about 😭 thanks for letting me know i’ve been under that impression for so long

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

oh damn really? that’s… such minuscule and irrelevant information to make an April Fools prank about 😭 thanks for letting me know i’ve been under that impression for so long

That was the same post where they claimed West Coast has 183 demos :dua:

Wasn't Chemtrails the one made at the same time as NFR? At least the majority of it came from those "calmer songs" she did with Jack while doing the "Norman songs" and the "bombastic" ones. There's also a bit of overlap between Chemtrails and BB since she teased BBS before even releasing Chemtrails but it could have been just a poem or something at that point...

The triple singles were probably recorded around the time she posted the BB scrapped teaser (so early 2021).

The only one we know for sure is Sweet Carolina being in June and from that point onwards she started DIK since she had a few songs already when she released BB (the Mike H ones I guess)

The vinyl delays made the timelines funky :hide: but I guess Chemtrails was finished in September 2020 and thats when she started recording and writing the BB songs 

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Wasn't Chemtrails the one made at the same time as NFR? At least the majority of it came from those "calmer songs" she did with Jack while doing the "Norman songs" and the "bombastic" ones. There's also a bit of overlap between Chemtrails and BB since she teased BBS before even releasing Chemtrails but it could have been just a poem or something at that point...

The triple singles were probably recorded around the time she posted the BB scrapped teaser (so early 2021).

The only one we know for sure is Sweet Carolina being in June and from that point onwards she started DIK since she had a few songs already when she released BB (the Mike H ones I guess)

The vinyl delays made the timelines funky :hide: but I guess Chemtrails was finished in September 2020 and thats when she started recording and writing the BB songs 

it’s so cool how she reworked the original nfr into the chorus of dbjag. she’s so galaxy brained :judgingu3:

i hope AW sounds something like Pay Your Way In Pain. i love when jack gets psychedelic and funky and just fucking weird and synthy :ma:

talking about AW... its "unlike anyhting they have ever made before together". so no piano, no ballads, no beachy rock... im so excited like :krylie::krylie::krylie: