Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

It’s totally fine not to like or be amazed by Lana’s new music. Some of you are very immature and it really shows. Lana IS our favorite artist and art is subjective. Lots of us aren’t crazy about this new direction she’s taking. Don’t expect people to love each and every Lana song just because we’re fans and don’t let others’ opinions affect your relationship to the music… 

2 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

It’s totally fine not to like or be amazed by Lana’s new music. Some of you are very immature and it really shows. Lana IS our favorite artist and art is subjective. Lots of us aren’t crazy about this new direction she’s taking. Don’t expect people to love each and every Lana song just because we’re fans and don’t let others’ opinions affect your relationship to the music… 

It’s actually amazing to like more then a few albums from an artist…it’s spectacular to like NINE albums. So I don’t blame anyone for not liking them all.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

hi i have been lurking for Months even before i made my account here and i am nervous to post this but it feels like a good time to make an appearance…

imo the issue with the negative comments isn’t that they don’t like the song because that’s completely fine, it’s that they never rly have anything new to say :toofunny:

its obviously okay and always valid to have your own opinion but its really hard not to get annoyed at the repetitiveness of all the “unseasoned boring blue banisters copy blahhh bad song” posts… 

like nobodys telling you not to share your opinion, but if you share it in the exact same pessimistic way as the past 30 other people, then ofc at some point its gonna get a bit annoying 

gWCT.gif

:hoe:

4 minutes ago, angelphoenix said:

hi i have been lurking for Months even before i made my account here and i am nervous to post this but it feels like a good time to make an appearance…

imo the issue with the negative comments isn’t that they don’t like the song because that’s completely fine, it’s that they never rly have anything new to say :toofunny:

its obviously okay and always valid to have your own opinion but its really hard not to get annoyed at the repetitiveness of all the “unseasoned boring blue banisters copy blahhh bad song” posts… 

like nobodys telling you not to share your opinion, but if you share it in the exact same pessimistic way as the past 30 other people, then ofc at some point its gonna get a bit annoying 

Welcome! You spilled!

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

7 minutes ago, angelphoenix said:

welcomeeee 🤍

2 hours ago, Elle said:

I just wanted to share with you all a really formative & impactful moment I had tonight with the title track from this record.

My wifey and I went out to our favourite bar that we frequent tonight until it closed at 3am, but we were still trying to keep the night going, so we hit up a friend of ours who works security at clubs to see where he was at tonight to let us in. He ordered us an Uber to meet him at his club for the night, and about 10 minutes into the drive while we were on the highway, there was a terrible accident a few cars ahead of us. We were stuck sitting there behind it as police cars and ambulances piled through, so my girl & I started chatting with the Uber driver about random stuff to pass time. I brought up Lana somehow (as I tend to do in every conversation) and the driver was like “Lana Del Rey? She’s so cool!” So ofc I asked him if he had heard her latest single yet and he said he hadn’t, so naturally, I played it on his aux & sang along to every word. Afterwards he said, “she killed that!” so I played a couple more of my favourite meaningful Lana songs for him such as Hope, California, 13 Beaches, Heroin, etc. The minutes kept passing and we began to sober up, and all of Lana’s lyricism got us in the mood to have some really deep conversations. The three of us ended up being stuck in that same spot on the road for nearly two hours as the accident was being dealt with, and during that time the three of us all talked together about the most intimate details of ourselves - our beliefs in afterlives/reincarnation, hopes & plans for the future, hallucinatory experiences, insecurities, darkest moments in our lives, happiest times, inner passions, family history, etc etc. Finally after almost two hours of no movement on that road, they eventually opened the lanes to get everyone off the road so they could close the entire highway, but by that time it was 4:45am and we decided to just head home instead of going to the club that would be closing in 15 minutes anyway. As we were only a couple minutes from our residence, I was like, “you know what, this calls for a full circle moment” and I played Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd once again. As we drove home in the final moments after all that we had just spoken about together, the three of us all sang along, even our driver to the chorus, us all shouting “DON’T FORGET ME” like it was the most important sentence we would ever say, hands in the air full on gospel-style (with our driver still keeping one hand on the wheel of course), as we reflected and relished in the final moments of the special time the three of us as two lovers and a stranger had just shared together. As the song began to fade out, he pulled into the driveway. We all exchanged hugs, and I told him that I would never forget him - and I meant it. He said he’ll always think of us when he listens to that song now, and I absolutely will always think of him & this moment too.

Who knew that a two-hour traffic jam in the middle of the highway on the way to a club on a Saturday night would lead to one of the most meaningful and memorable experiences I had this year, perhaps even in all my years. I’ll never forget this moment - or our driver John, shout-out to him.

I can’t wait for other memorable moments that I’m yet to experience with other tracks from the record, as there’s so many songs across Lana’s discography that I have such special ties too. However, this one is marking near the top of my list.

Anyway, it’s 7:30am now so I’m getting ready to go off to sleep. See you all tomorrow. Love u xx

I feel like someone died in that accident, the don’t forget me part hits even more :(

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

42 minutes ago, angelphoenix said:

So iconic of you to speak so much truth in your first ever post :krylie:

Welcome :flutter:

giphy.gif

57 minutes ago, angelphoenix said:

Welcome  :heart:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

thank you everyone for the warm welcome!! i appreciate it so much :wub:

now to get away from that topic… i highly recommend listening to ocean blvd before or after black beauty (if you want to cry…) :crying4: they go so well together imo

gWCT.gif

:hoe:

1 hour ago, angelphoenix said:

oh she came in and ate:true:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

1 hour ago, angelphoenix said:

First post and spilling :hooker:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey