Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Born To Die says hello 

cuz lanas current popularity is totally comparable to 2012, right. even back then, she sold 77k copies in its first week, which was not a lot for 2012 standards.

image.png

To me, Lana has such a talent for making songs unique to her yet accessible enough to invite others into her world. I think that’s what makes Ocean Blvd so special. She’s so intricate with the way she’s describing her state of mind with such a niche reference yet everyone can relate to her feelings of isolation and frustration. 

It’s the perfect blend of nostalgia that Lana always seeps into her music and current train of thought. God this song is so brilliant :trisha:

1 minute ago, Dominikx4 said:

cuz lanas current popularity is totally comparable to 2012, right. even back then, she sold 77k copies in its first week, which was not a lot for 2012 standards.

I just don’t think it would really make a serious difference, 80% of those who buy Lana’s music are her fans. I think she probably stands more of a chance getting a number one on the charts in January then in March 🤷🏼‍♂️  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

9 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I just don’t think it would really make a serious difference, 80% of those who buy Lana’s music are her fans. I think she probably stands more of a chance getting a number one on the charts in January then in March 🤷🏼‍♂️  

Well if the vinyls aren’t ready for week 1, her chances of a number 1 are non existent 

12 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

SAM SMITH IS LISTENING TO THE SONG, IT'S ON THEIR INSTA STORIES. 

Still wondering if he got to listen to "The Greatest" xd

Before Lana’s career is ‘over’ (before she stops releasing music/before too much time passes and she becomes a generational artefact), I really want her to get a #1 hit. She has a huge cult following, total critical acclaim, undeniable success and influence. But I think the GP appreciating her properly one last time would really be the cherry on the top. She deserves complete appreciation. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

1 hour ago, Thoth said:

There’s always a positive bias towards new music. Time will tell how your liking will shape. There’s no way COCC is a weak predecessor imo.

I loved COTCC and BB is maybe my favourite album of hers, but the first has already became quite small (at least for me) compared to what we've heard of what's to come. DYK is just grandiose for me, and COTCC was quite a light album (though it was quite a good one, quite better than NFR, IMO). BB, in the other hand, stands still as one of her most solid ones for me.

58 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

cookie-monster-waiting.gif

what the FUCK is that literally delete this  that is HORRIFYING 

2 minutes ago, jamesss said:

what the FUCK is that literally delete this and your account that is HORRIFYING 

WHY IS COOKIE MONSTER LIKE THAT WHY IS HE MOVING LIKE THAT HIS FINGERS OMGGG

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

3 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

she said in Arcadia “my body is a map of LA” and now she’s saying “I feel somewhat like my body marred my soul”. LA really broke her. “Now I’m in LA and it’s paradise” really aged like milk

omg ur mind

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat